AAO Pokemon Topic

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Re: AAO Pokemon Topic

Post by Alnar »

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Alnar wrote:Butterfree > Ho-oh
Well that's what happens when you use Tailwind instead of Sacred Fire...

also NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN THE CRITS
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I think this is a not bad run for OR/AS. xP
Spoiler : Space Savah :

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

You play through games way too quickly, Kwando.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

That run was purposefully quick though. xP

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

I have it. I finally have it. Alpha Sapphire. Part of my childhood has reincarnated!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Alnar wrote:I have it. I finally have it. Alpha Sapphire. Part of my childhood has reincarnated!
Welcome to Team Bara :mrgreen:
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

SPEED BOOST CARVANHA AT LONG, LONG LAST.

DEATH TO MY ENEMIES. DEATH.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Finished the Delta Episode.
Spoiler : Delta Episode, ORAS :
So... That certainly was a thing that happened. The Delta Episode was fun, sure, but... What the hell even happened? Somehow the whole thing felt really rushed and was absolutely confusing. I had no idea why anyone was doing anything, and even after hearing the explanations, I was still boggled to why they'd done what they did. Why was Courtney suddenly trying to destroy the world? Why was Team Magma back in action? Why was Zinnia just running around stealing people's keystones without bothering to explain why? Why was warping the meteor away a bad idea? What proof did Zinnia have that the meteor would f*ck up some helpless world? Why did Rayquaza just eat my rock? Why do I need to prove my worth to Zinnia still need to fight me after I JUST caught Rayquaza? Why was Deoxys trying to destroy the world by turning into a giant Bill Cipher triangle and driving a 6-mile long meteor into the planet? Why ARE YOU NOT GIVEN A SINGLE CHANCE TO SAVE BEFORE RUNNING INTO THAT FIGHT

I am utterly baffled as to what just went down, and I'm still not sure if I actually DID anything besides ride Rayquaza and kick Deoxys' ass (which to be fair, was pretty awesome. I do like Deoxys and Rayquaza.) I think the prevalent feeling I get is confusion. It got awesome during that last bit, but by then I was far too confused to really care. Zinnia's out to save the world by being a jerk because... destiny, I guess? And she has a tragic backstory where she lost someone she was close to and this is relevant... How? Courtney and Team Magma are back because... reasons? And the big one: Deoxys is gonna drop a giant meteor and destroy the world because......????

There's explanations, apparently, but I don't think any of them helped. The scientists say that they can warp away the meteor with Infinity Energy, but Zinnia is like "you'll screw over another world that can't stop it" which she knows because....? How does she even know WHERE the dimensional thing will send it? How does she know that world won't have Mega Evolution? How does she know ANY of this? And she destroys the device anyways (why can't they just make a new one) so the entire thing is pointless anyways, except to say "Hey this is an AU to the original R/S/E.

There's a scene where Courtney and Team Magma burst into the space station and try to ruin everything because....?? Why is Courtney doing this? Why does she think this is a good idea? Why are any of the Magma Grunts going along with this? Why aren't we arresting them on sight? We know where their base is I could literally tell Steven and he could round up a ton of Gym Leaders and E4 members and just raid the place. Why does Courtney still onlY USE ONE POKEMON SERIOUSLY. And then she doesn't show up for the rest of the adventure so that's pointless too.

Zinnia herself is confusing for me too. Why can't she just TELL people what she's doing? How come she has to be so cryptic when the fate of the world is happening. Am I supposed to feel bad for her despite barely knowing a thing about her at all? What is her personality like? We never really get to TALK to her at any point, just listen while she shoves exposition down our throats and talks about how foolish everyone else is. Why does she worry about hypothetically destroying an alternate world when she has absolutely no qualms about raising Groudon/Kyogre to wreck this one, then act like she has the moral high-ground in that argument? Has she learned anything by the end? Is she a better person for having gone through this? I don't really... GET her. It seems like she was just there to be "COOL MYSTERIOUS TRAINER WHO IS AWESOME AND ADVANCES THE PLOT". Don't really hate her, but I don't see much to love either. (Also how old even is she? I know this is anime but... It's highly unclear.)

So anyways that was the Delta Episode. Very confusing, very rushed... But hey I got my Sharpedonite by the end of it and that's all that matters. Also, May/Brendan is the most useless and I hate them. The game couldn't even make them relevant in the very end.
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Yeah, the Delta Episode was pretty disappointing. XY still takes the cake for best aftergame story.
Spoiler : ORAS :
Speaking of, it's lame that they gave Looker amnesia and then proceeded to do nothing with it. I love Looker's character and they completely squander him ;_;
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

dat 1 hp
ALSO LOOK AT WHAT HE SAYS IN CHAT AT THE VERY END
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

*sees new Pokemon movie trailer*

Sounds like a lotta Hoopla.
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

The Evil Duck.

BP has always warned us.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

I have never, ever liked Weezing. At all.

Until now.