DGS discussion rules (7/12/2015)

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Re: GK2/PLvsAA/GS5 discussion rules (last updated 2012-03-21

Post by Broocevelt »

I have no problem with spoiler-tagging anything related to GS5 :P Although these rules will still be effective after the game is released for a while, hence this kind of filtering. Anyway, I don't think we need to put the fact that Phoenix is the attorney under spoiler tags. Pretty much everyone knows and it's not a twist for example, so that kind of stuff that most people are bound to know, even those who don't spoil themselves intentionally, should be ok for sure.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

I think the announcement trailer would be okay... I mean, it's the announcement trailer, so if you didn't watch it, how can you even know the game exists? ^^"

Stuff besides that should be tagged, though--at least until the game's release.
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Actually that sounds ok to me.

For the OST though, we could keep the previous definition we gave for music spoilers, those are a whole different thing, but with this definition of what is spoilerish and what isn't. (And we could extend that definition to GK2 for the sake of homogeneity)
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Only a few tracks, if any, will likely be released before the game, so... that's something we don't really need to worry about now xP (As we've said multiple times, I think) I agree that GK2 and GS5 music spoilers should be done the same way.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

The only real spoilers we have to worry about right now would be from leaks.

But I can understand why some people might want to know even less. When GK2 was coming out, I tried not to read any info about Gregory Edgeworth, even though he was even on the box art and was shown a lot in promotional material. It was because I didn't want to find out anything about the third case.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Meph wrote:The only real spoilers we have to worry about right now would be from leaks.

But I can understand why some people might want to know even less. When GK2 was coming out, I tried not to read any info about Gregory Edgeworth, even though he was even on the box art and was shown a lot in promotional material. It was because I didn't want to find out anything about the third case.
Basically like this. If y'all take a gander at Star Wait, a documentary about the waiting line for one for one of the newer movie releases (attempting to be the first to enter, first to see) had this. To participate in this lottery/line, one even wore badges with lightsabers in them. Red means completely spoiled, and I always mix up green and blue- one meant that they had seen trailers and know who's in the movie, but that's it. The other meant not even so much as the fact that the movie exists and was being released was revealed to these select.

Also, a buff geek punches out some drunk d-bags who kept taunting them. It was one of the greatest moments of my geeky life.
since 2008!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Meph wrote:The only real spoilers we have to worry about right now would be from leaks.
There won't be "leaks" before the game is out. It's going to be official releases in magazines/the website.
wat
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

DON'T YOU KNOW BP?

GREGORY = KAY

AND YOU PLAYED GK2.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

OMG KWANDO

THAT ISN'T REVEALED UNTIL CASE 5

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SPOILED EVERYONE
Meph

Post by Meph »

Bad Player wrote:There won't be "leaks" before the game is out. It's going to be official releases in magazines/the website.
I don't recall saying there would be. ;) But there's still a small possibility, and the spoiler rules we have now will safeguard us from things like that.
Bad Player wrote:
wat
Ha ha. Guess I was thinking about a different image. It's been a long time since I've thought about GK2. :XD:

Now go back to laboriously making your GK2 translation video series. :P
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

NO

DON'T

MAKE THE BLACK TURNABOUT INSTEAD~

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

*plays bravely default*
Ami

Re: GK2/PLvsAA/AADD discussion rules (last updated 2013-06-2

Post by Ami »

UNofficial list of characters that are okay to mention from GS5, aka AA: DD. However, it is prohibited to mention anything that happens to them/they do/they are involved in during the events of the game that would be against the spoilers. That means all character development, all involvement in cases in the game, all actions, thoughts, and/or comments not in anything that can be seen a game's online demo. As for pre-release promotional material, I'm also going to say that's a no-no, as not everyone reads Japanese fan magazines or subscribes to the video game magazines that carry stories about Ace Attorney. This includes all appearances/costumes/outfits/sprites/models/drawings/pictures/video that may spoil any events that transpire in the game.
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Apollo Justice
  • Athena Cykes
  • Simon Blackquill
  • Judge Udgerson (idk, I made up a last name for him)
  • All characters that appear in the demo.

All other characters are prohibited from being mentioned, shown, or otherwise (but not limited to) being depicted, drawn, rendered, etc. on this site or any affiliated chat (inclusive, but not limited to xat), game party (i.e. while playing microvolts with other members), and/or other gathering of two or more AAO members.

This list may be edited and changed when/if the official list comes out.
since 2008!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The other characters in the demo are Morizumi Shinobu (Juniper Woods) and Barashima Shingo (Ted Tonate).

The other characters I'd say aren't really spoilers are
Spoiler : :
  • Trucy
  • Klavier
  • Edgeworth
  • Pearl
  • Bobby Fulbright
who have all been in promotional materials, and are even on the game's alternate covers (...except Pearl, who isn't on any of the alt covers ^^")
Meph

Post by Meph »

Yep. Everything you've both mentioned isn't a spoiler. I'll add it to the main post later.