Fire Emblem Series

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Re: Fire Emblem Series

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Oh wow. That's acutally pretty impressive. How long did it take you, all in all?
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Probably not accurate, since this includes the time from my first few playthroughs where I played normally, as well as all that time spent resetting on Lunatic+, but according to my 3DS Records... 265 hours and 32 minutes.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
ProsecutorJustice

Post by ProsecutorJustice »

I think this is the Fire Emblem game where I've seen A LOT of people said they've invested a lot of time on it (haven't heard the same for previous titles).
Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by Wolf Speaker »

GuardianDreamer wrote:.....

I... I did it.

100% Support Log Completion. I finally did it.
All hail the king of ridiculous difficulties.
Spoiler : :
ALSO YOU CAN MARRY AND HAVE KIDS WITH WALHART? ?????
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
GuardianDreamer

Spoiler : @Ulf :
Yes. You can marry Walhart and have Morgan with him. He actually alters Morgan's supports the most, since he keeps talking about wanting his son to be a warrior, and generally not caring about how much Morgan is trying to remember his past. A notable line is "I should just gut you and be done with it". It really Crosses The Line Twice, since it kept alternating between being rather scary and being so ridiculous that it became funny, so I still don't know what to think of it. ... Still a better parent than Tharja, though. Admittedly though, Walhart's supports with Female Avatar are actually kind of sweet. But Walhart probably wouldn't be the best father ever.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

GuardianDreamer wrote:
Spoiler : @Ulf :
Yes. You can marry Walhart and have Morgan with him. He actually alters Morgan's supports the most, since he keeps talking about wanting his son to be a warrior, and generally not caring about how much Morgan is trying to remember his past. A notable line is "I should just gut you and be done with it". It really Crosses The Line Twice, since it kept alternating between being rather scary and being so ridiculous that it became funny, so I still don't know what to think of it. ... Still a better parent than Tharja, though. Admittedly though, Walhart's supports with Female Avatar are actually kind of sweet. But Walhart probably wouldn't be the best father ever.
Yes, because threatening to murder your child is WAY better parenting than casting harmless curses that go away and are no worse than grounding the kid.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
GuardianDreamer

Tharja's curses damaged Noire's own mental state, Hodou. Don't even THINK about saying they were "harmless" at all. And if you had read Noire's other supports, you'd know that she was damaged much further than that. I'm not saying either treatment is right (Just that I have know clue how many times the line is crossed in Walhart's case. I think I'll paraphrase Roger Ebert by saying that I'm disgusted when something goes too far, but hold a secret admiration for something that goes much farther than that... Or something), and I refuse to debate this any further. Seriously. I hate talking about this. Don't try me. I know I seem like I'm overreacting, but your little comment got me really upset. This is much more serious to me than you think.

... And in case you can't tell, after seeing all of her supports, I've made up my mind in saying that I hate Tharja. I actually hate her more than Severa.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Who would you say is the best father ever then, GD?
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
GuardianDreamer

Stat-wise, personality-wise, or what? In both cases, it would depend on who they're raising. If you just mean in general personality-wise, then Stahl seems like he'd be the best person to raise a child, since his special talent (as revealed in his supports with Avatar) is the ability to see what other people want without asking them, and he never takes advantage of it. Seriously, Stahl is a nice guy.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Heheh, that's what I thought. Nice Guy should be like, Stahl's title. Seriously, just look at his face. Who has the cutest parent/child support convo, though?
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
GuardianDreamer

Well... The conversations are generic, so it's kind of hard to say. I personally liked Brady's supports with his parents the best, but I can't say more than that, since, once again... The parent-child conversations are generic for the most part.

I'm thinking of writing a review for this game... But I probably won't go through with it. I really can't do that. For better or worse, I think I've gotten very emotionally invested and connected with this game. Though I do have one random thought... I am actually sort of hoping that the next FE game has less supports. I noticed that Tiki had great supports in general, and while she had few supports for an Awakening character, her number of supports would be considered standard for quite a few FE games... So yeah.

And I'd like to elaborate on something, since I kind of snapped before (Really sorry about that, but that comment really rubbed me the wrong way, and I've been having a rough day)... And also my reasons as to why I find myself completely disgusted by Tharja.
Spoiler : About the second Spotpass Paralogue Character :
I'm willing to give Walhart the benefit of the doubt here because Morgan's supports are generic for their non-Avatar parent. If Walhart actually had a non-generic support with Morgan, I could imagine him being a harsh, stern, yet still caring father. And honestly, since Walhart's harshness is portrayed as incorrect, I don't mind it as much. Which leads me into why I was so disappointed by Tharja.
Spoiler : About Tharja :
Okay, this will be the final time I ever mention Tharja in this thread ever again outside of gameplay-talk or something: Waaaaaay back when Awakening was still in the pre-release stage, I thought Tharja would be one of my favorite characters. Fire Emblem has done a good job in the past of making selfish or more morally-crooked characters interesting, because of the way they're portrayed. An excellent example of this is Lifis/Rifis from FE5, who's one of the most villainous characters to ever join your team in an FE game, yet you're clearly not SUPPOSED to think he's a good person, and his moments of sympathy are few. He's one of those few examples of a character who's cowardly, deceitful, rude, and all-around a bad person that is still written well enough for me to like him as a character due to the way he's portrayed (As in, no Draco In Leather Pants treatment), even though I would dislike his actual personality. I expected Tharja to go through something similar, though with different negative traits.

Then the game was released, and the game treated Tharja's abuse of Noire as "okay", and that being a stalker was a good thing, And also that being a jerk to nearly everyone was perfectly fine if Tharja had a heart of gold hidden deep down inside somewhere. As it stands right now, I only consider Tharja well-written in her support with Nowi. All other times, her character was just extremely offensive and made the game worse for me as a whole. I actually DO want to like Tharja, since I see that faint glimmer of a Really Good Character™ a few times... But it never lasts. And if I REALLY want over-the-top Yandere madness, I'll just re-read School Days, where happy murder fun times await.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
ProsecutorJustice

Looks like Capcom isn't the only one going through rough times:
http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2013 ... he-series/
GuardianDreamer

Yeah, I read about that on SerenesForest. Thankfully, Awakening managed to save the series. ... It's kind of strange, actually. I remember back before Awakening was announced, there were some people on the FE12 board speculating that the series was dead. Kind of strange to look back on now.

Anyway, training up a team for Future Past and Apotheosis. It's going... Slowly, though a part of me is glad about that, since I realize that as soon as I beat Future Past and Apotheosis (Doing the "easier" rounds first for Katarina, then the harder rounds against Anna), I'll basically be done with this game.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
ProsecutorJustice

Say guys (and girls), I was wondering... Do some of the DLC stages add-up to the plot?
GuardianDreamer

The Future Past DLC is the one that ties most with the main plot. All the others are more or less unrelated, though the "Scramble" DLC Chapters do have some fun character interactions, but has nothing at all to do with the main plot.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here