January 2011 - E.D.Revolution

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Meph
Spoken languages: English

January 2011 - E.D.Revolution

Post by Meph »

Member of the Month
January 2011
E.D.Revolution

Erm... your clock is slow.
This is the Member of the Month; an interview that I do at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

I personally select each month's Member of the Month. People are picked based on their contributions to the community, whether they are: making excellent trials, providing comic relief or just being a brilliant person. The next Member of the Month could be you!

If you have any questions about the Member of the Month system, please PM me.
Once again, guesses as to who the next member of the month is were completely wrong! But this time, I confused you all even more with a riddle that somehow made you all believe that the next member of the month would be Tap.

E.D. Revolution -- or E.D. for short -- is too respected in the community to not be Member of the Month. Even if you infrequently come to these forums, you will know who E.D. is. He is always willing to play your trial, no matter who you are. In fact, he's a very good trial author himself.

But enough of me and my babbling! It's time to read my babbling with E.D. in his interview.
Meph: Hello, welcome to the eighth Member of the Month interview.

E.D.Revolution: Thank you very much, Meph. It's quite an unexpected honor to be the MotM.

Meph: How you find AAO, and what made you want to join?

E.D.Revolution: That's a very good question. You see, unlike most MotMs, I did not find AAO through CR. Rather, I was searching through YouTube videos. I was bored at the time, so when I got to see a video of JFA gameplay, I was quite shocked. But it grew on me. Then I started to look for fan sites on AA. I don't exactly recall how I found it, but I found AAO through Google.

Meph: How did you become a fan of Ace Attorney?

E.D.Revolution: I'll tell you this much: no one got me into AA. That said, I started to become a fan of AA after watching a few videos of AA gameplay on YouTube. So I started to look for the actual DS versions of AA.
I had to look carefully and jump at the chance that I could find it at a nearby Gamestop. And luckily I did find the AA games on GameStop, rare as it is. So as I started playing the AA games, I started to actually like the games very much.

Meph: And then you started writing trials of your own, of course. What made you want to write about Mia Fey?

E.D.Revolution: Ahh, Mia Fey. Refreshing like a spring breeze. [lol]
As far my reason for writing for Mia, there are a couple of reasons for that. One: I have not really seen a fangame/case that focused on Mia Fey.
Two: The ones I've found on AAO as I was researching her at the time weren't written... well. Three: Since all we have for Mia is 3-1 and 3-4, I felt that her character can use a bit of expansion. I figured that she's the original Turnabout Lawyer. I was thinking "Why not make her epic? Why not write a few more cases with her as the main character?"

Meph: Do you think you're now competing with Kularian, who has started a similarly titled series?

E.D.Revolution: Very good question, I say. As far as me competing with Kularian... possibly. I'd like to think that we're rivals with each other. But here's the difference: Kularian is doing three titles, for a total of about 12 to 13 cases; I'm only doing five cases, mostly focused on the year before 1-2. At least we have our signature features straightened out, and I discussed it with him. I'd like to see where we both will go, in terms in interpreting Mia.

Meph: What do you love most of all about writing your cases?

E.D.Revolution: A lot, actually. I like the fact that when I write my cases, I'm putting myself into these cases. And the fact that I get a lot of inspiration from real-life incidents. In fact, that's what case 1 is based on: an incident involving a former governor trying to sell a Senate seat.
Case 2... well, in name only. But I also love the fact that I get to experiment with the Editor. Trying to decide where X testimony should go and how it should be structured.

Meph: Now let's talk about your personal life. What was your childhood like?

E.D.Revolution: Let's just say it's very interesting. A lot of people remember me as one of the smartest kids at school. But I wasn't exactly a social butterfly. So I didn't have many friends. Most of the friends I had now were introduced by my parents' friends, who I'm also in great terms with. Yes, an overachiever, is what most people describe me as. Also quite ultra-competitive. An ultra-competitive, very smart, overachiever... yes, that's what most of my friends remember me as, then and now.

Meph: What sort of things were you interested in as a kid?

E.D.Revolution: A lot of stuff... Actually, let's narrow it down to three things: knowledge, anime, and martial arts.

Knowledge: I used to think that "it's better to know more about everything." Now that I'm legal, I realize that knowledge isn't everything, but it helps. In fact, I thought that Jeopardy! was the epitome of knowledge. Knowing how many clues you can identify correctly within a 30 minute show.

Anime: yes, I was obssesed with it... when it was good.

And martial arts: I used to do tae kwon do, but I've taken an interest in other martial arts. Yeah, I would've been a black belt... I don't know why I'm not a black belt at all, even though my skills are there. Still, I practiced it as a kid and I still actively practice it.

Meph: So you could karate chop me in half... or do I have no idea what I'm talking about?

E.D.Revolution: I could. I could also kick your head off, which is what almost happened when I was sparring. I kid about kicking heads off. But I did KO one of my sparring partners when I kicked his head. Oh and here's another thing you need to do if you were to face a TKD practitioner: if you're a guy, wear a cup. I was sparring a black belt (I was about 6 levels behind, but my skill and size were a match). He was quite fast for me, so all I could do is defend. But when he tried to jump kick me in the head, I tried to counter by kicking his trunk. Somehow, I hit his nuts... Worse... he wasn't wearing a cup. He tried to do that a second time, but I KO'd him for good (for that match). I have never made a black belt cry. It was sad when he left the sparring session crying, actually.

Now, recall when I was kicking heads off... That was my friend. He tried to do a spinning hook kick to my head... Thrice. I was getting mad. So I pulled the same move on him... Instant KO. And it wasn't pretty. I felt sick after the match. So while I can kick heads off or chop people into three, I'd rather not. I'm a pacifist in real life. I'll do demonstrations, but I'll avoid fights, if possible.

Meph: There we go, readers! Don't mess with E.D., or you'll regret it. :P

Meph: What is your average day like?

E.D.Revolution: Hectic. I'd like to wake up at 10:00 AM, but that's not possible. Depending on the day, I have classes from 8:30AM until 7:40PM. And I have to drive to class. So I have to wake up at around 7:00AM and get ready for the day in about 40 minutes, because I have to take my sister to school as I drive to my school. I don't have a lunch break until 3:00PM. Then I have another round of classes from 4:00-7:40PM. I get tired that I just go home, have dinner, and then just do some HW (while going on AAO, ;) ). But I shouldn't be complaining that much. I have two heavy days, one joke day (one lecture class) and the rest of my week is free.

Meph: That's actually not bad! What are you studying, then?

E.D.Revolution: Nursing. This is my first year; Nursing student.

Meph: What was it about nursing that appeals to you?

E.D.Revolution: The fact that all Filipinos are nurses (inside joke). Umm... I like the nursing field. My mom's a nurse. Taking care of people... Did you know that here in New Jersey, it's better to be a nurse than a general practitioner? Well, a physician, let's put it that way. Nurses have more contact and understand people's medical problems MUCH MUCH better than general physicians do, nowadays. And due to the medical insurance mess in the US, nurses make more money than a general doctor. Nurses are more directly responsible for the patient than doctors are.
And those are the basic reasons that I like the nursing field.

Meph: So it's the social aspect?

E.D.Revolution: Yes. But right now, I'm getting my basics done. Next year (2nd year) I get to do nursing clinicals and such.

Meph: Which is your favourite Ace Attorney game?

E.D.Revolution: I'd say T&T... for the usual-usual reasons. For me, though, it's 3-1, 3-4, and 3-5 that make this my favorite case. 3-1 and 3-4, well, why do you think I made "Mia Fey: Ace Spirit Attorney?" And 3-5 because it finally gave a true heartbreaking closure to the PW saga.

Meph: What other games do you really like?

E.D.Revolution: I'm more of a Nintendo purist, but I'll play SSFIV, the Soul series, Fable. Oh, and Fire Emblem, especially. I'll play fighting games, but I'll almost get slaughtered. I suck compared to... fans.

Meph: Do you ever listen to video game soundtracks?

E.D.Revolution: Yeah, I listen to video game soundtracks. I mostly have PW and SSFIV on my iPod. And Fire Emblem 6-7 there, too. Funny that you mention video game soundtracks. Somehow, I find them better than some modern music or J-Pop/Rock. (no offense to anyone who likes J-Pop/J-Rock).

Meph: Last question, now. Do you have any other interests?

E.D.Revolution: Ah yes. I should mention that I'm into cooking. As I'm one of the two people in my household that has a palate and can cook. I specialize in Asian cuisine (mainly, Filipino cuisine) because that's the kind of food we always eat at my house. Oh, and one thing:Get out of my kitchen when I'm cooking. I'm pretty much a Gordon Ramsay in the kitchen. Heh heh heh!

Meph: Before we conclude this interview, do you have any shout-outs to say to the community?

E.D.Revolution: I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has made me who I am in AAO. Thanks mainly to BBblader, Phantom, mAc Chaos, Tap, henke37, and to the community in general. It's been a pleasure to be on AAO! And thank you, Meph, for this interview. I enjoy this interview as much as you do.

Meph: Thanks for the great interview! Bye!

E.D.Revolution: Bye!
Tap

Re: Member of the Month: January 2011

Post by Tap »

Congrats, ED! I didn't expect you to be chosen but Meph made a good choice. :D

I'll edit this later~
ImageImage
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

i c wut u did thar meph :XD:

This topic was locked before, and you can't hide it~.

Anyway, congrats, ED! :D
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

YOU. LOOK. EPIC. In that picture. :awesome:

Congrats, E.D. :D

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Koda

Post by Koda »

Congratz E.D. :D
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Congratz ED!
You definitely deserve this. ;)

(And I even suspected him for a moment there when he suggested speculations. I shouldn't have given up so quickly on that thought...)
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Hooray for ED!
Hmm, I'd better not mess with you... :O
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

ED looks older than meeeee even though he's younger D:

He also looks much...more different than I expected. Here I was expecting like, a shorter guy with glasses....ED, how tall are you?! You look huge! :shock:

But anyway, congrats ED! I so totally called it last month! If ONLY I guessed again! D:

...I'll think of other stuff to jibber jabber about later, k? :)
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

.....I was totally off.

Congrats E.D.!
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Meph

Post by Meph »

By the way. In case anyone is wondering, here is the answer to the riddle:-
Meph wrote:Go into the end.
Move through the destruction.
For what you shall see is the colour red.
Future riddles won't be like that. :P
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

NNNNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!

/mindblown

You JERK! :(
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Meph wrote:By the way. In case anyone is wondering, here is the answer to the riddle:-
Meph wrote:Go into the end.
Move through the destruction.
For what you shall see is the colour red.
Future riddles won't be like that. :P
......How was anyone suppose to figure THAT out!?
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Mind = SUCKED.

What that didn't even make sense or have a pattern or WHAT
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

First letter of the last word of each line.... What th- YOU CHEATED THIS CAN'T BE SOLVED!!
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Blackrune wrote:First letter of the last word of each line.... What th- YOU CHEATED THIS CAN'T BE SOLVED!!
"Go into the end" was a nice clue referring to the last word, but... he needed something to point to the first letter xD

Also, 'gratz ED!