May 2011 - Jean Of mArc

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TrialmanAKASoma Cruz
Spoken languages: English

Re: Member of the Month: May 2011

Post by TrialmanAKASoma Cruz »

Jean Of mArc wrote:
Phantom wrote:Favorite color and why?
Green, green, always green. It's beautiful, it's vibrant, it's lively, it's hopefully, it's awesome. Everything good about a colour exists in the colour GREEN!!! :D
I agree.
I love all generations of My Little Pony and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
To please my Yuri side. (Picture by adcoon on DA)
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Jean Of mArc wrote:The students here are very shy in class... especially when it comes to English. They are afraid of making mistakes so much that they usually don't want to even try speaking in English, and we teachers have to more or less force them.
It's not always the fear of making mistakes, you know. My teachers always had a hard time trying to make me talk in class, even when I knew I was the best of the class anyway :XD:
Some people - me included - just don't like talking :P
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Meph

Post by Meph »

But being able to speak a second language is a really admirable skill! It's far too difficult for me. :XD:
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Meph wrote:But being able to speak a second language is a really admirable skill! It's far too difficult for me. :XD:
I took the French exam. Almost killed myself in the exam room. :XD:

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Come on, French isn't that hard ! I speak it every day :-P

(Well, actually, it's been a week since I last spoke French now, but...)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

I don't speak french since like 2 weeks ago xD
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Do you know any Spanish?
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Jean Of mArc
Spoken languages: English, French, Japanese

Post by Jean Of mArc »

Shadowsleuth: My favourite animals are dogs and monkeys. Dogs are awesome, and are great friends. I was scared of them as a kid, but then my dad got one and we got another one a few years later and they've been awesome companions around the house. And monkeys are just plain fun to watch.

LunchPolice: Knife to a gunfight? I'd more likely bring a teleporter so I could get the heck out of there!

Holhol: I sure do miss Canada often. But as the plan stands right now, we will be heading back there in August, so we don't have long to wait!

Unas: In this case, it is related to shyness, because it is not just some students, but EVERY student in EVERY class... and they are not afraid to speak in Japanese outside of class. Even the Japanese teachers assert that Japanese people are shy in class by nature because they are afraid of making mistakes... so, that is the case here.

It probably wouldn't be too difficult if you spent the time and effort it took to study it... but most people don't bother with that without reason.

BuddyFaith: Nope, don't know Spanish, but from what I've seen, it seems fairly similar to French.
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

Have you ever been to Hawaii?

If not, do you ever plan to go there someday? :nod:
Last edited by TKinhonipei on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

Which language are you best in? (I feel dumb for asking...)
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

What do you see yourself doing in 10 years? 20 years?
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

TKHawaiianAZN: I have never been to Hawaii, it's definitely not a place that you just drop by driving on your way to somewhere else! Haha. I suppose if the opportunity came up I would go. I do like Ukeleles!! I can even sort of play one.... very sort of.

Mimi Mika: Well... English. I grew up speaking English at home and with friends, but all my schooling was in French since I was 5 years old, so I don't hesitate to understand or use it. I started learning Japanese a few years ago, but didn't really know all that much when I arrived in Japan. I spent the first 4 months of my time here studying Japanese any time I wasn't teaching or preparing for a class, and it paid off: I did a Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 3 (Conversational) after those 4 months and got 91%. However, I dare say that I haven't really studied near as much since then, and it has declined somewhat.

E.D.Revolution: Hard to say! I don't even know exactly what I'll be doing in 2 months when we leave Japan! I know where we are going, and what my WIFE will be doing, but not me personally... hopefully I can do some IT work. Ultimately, we aim to have a family, like most married couples, and will take care of the details as they go along. ;) Sorry for not giving a very interesting answer. ;P
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Who is your favorite and least facorite AA villian? (counting shelly and matt engarde.)
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

I think it's quite talented to know more than ONE language. And you can read and write as well, correct? That's much more impressive than I am~!

Do you feel lucky that you know so many languages?
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

enigma My favourite villain is:
Spoiler : Trials & Tribulations :
Luke Atmey. I was actually disappointed that he was the killer because I wanted him to become a main character. He was a lot of fun.
Not really sure who my least favourite was...

Mimi Mika: I can read all three languages, but with mixed abilities. French is generally no problem, Japanese is slow-going (I often have to look up kanji, which is hard to search for in a dictionary) but I can still do it. Writing is not my strong point in either: French has a LOT of ways to write the same sound for verbs, and I get them confused a lot. Japanese is easy to write on a computer, but if I have to draw the kanji, it's slow going again. Basically, kanji is what makes Japanese so difficult to learn, though it is also fun.