February and March 2013 - Luna Atmey/Blackrune

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Tap
Spoken languages: English

February and March 2013 - Luna Atmey/Blackrune

Post by Tap »

Member of the Month
February and March 2013
Luna Atmey née von Doppelbohringen

Oh no, no, no, nooooooooooooo......!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You know it's bad when there are THAT many exclamation marks!)
This is the Member of the Month; an interview that I do at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

I personally select each month's Member of the Month. People are picked based on their contributions to the community, whether they are: making excellent trials, providing comic relief or just being a brilliant person. The next Member of the Month could be you!

If you have any questions about the Member of the Month system, please PM me.
Egads! As a result of all the delays in finalising an interview for February 2013, a space between dimensions has torn itself open, and from it has come forth a mysterious and shocking entity who threatens to challenge the natural order of reality! And that being is none other than the rather frightening Queen of Elaboration, Luna Atmey née von Doppelbohringen. Thankfully, I was able to sate her quest to not lecture me on the point of needless delays by promising her the opportunity to be the Member of the Month for both February AND March 2013...

For those who are unaware of Mrs. Atmey, as she has expressively repeated on a number of occasions as her preferred choice of name when addressing her, she is the wife of Luke Atmey, the Ace Detective (Zvarri!) turned CEO of Cool Company in the Turnabout of Courage universe. However, being the being that possesses extra-ordinary perception and powers far beyond our comprehension, Mrs. Atmey is well aware of the intricacies of the Ace Attorney Online community from the vast vestiges of the Your Trials community to even the sub-sub-sue Forums Games section where I am reminded that she has in fact crossed from her dimension to ours in order to elaborate further on her interrupted remarks to a certain defence attorney.

As a matter of fact, I believe said methodology of travel involved the use of Blackrune as her medium of communicatiob. Hmm... oddly enough, I haven't seen Blackrune around as of late. I wonder where he has disappeared off to... In any case, please give a warm welcome to Mrs Atmey!
Tap: Hello, and welcome to the thirty-second and thirty-third Member of the Month interview.

Luna: Oh my, it is certainly quite an honor to be elected for this interview. I think elaboration is needed to express how honored I feel about this. If you consider that not only am I, according to my knowledge, not an active member of the site. I don't even have an account, and am in fact from another dimension considered 'fictional' by the people of this dimension. Considering all this, being chosen for this interview seems to be relatively unlikely by most standards. One has to keep in mind what this interview is called. As for how I still qualify as a member, when most people in your dimension would dismiss me as merely a 'character', is not something I have a convincing elaboration for. Can it really still be called 'member'? That is an interesting question to consider... does one have to be real to be a member? Oh, my apologies... I don't want to be unclear. I am not suggesting that I am not real, as I am to my knowledge very much so. Let me try to explain this. The appropriate thing to submit here is the Paradox of Fiction. Allow me to elaborate, this is a philosophical problem first stated in 1975, although most likely having been subject to discussion much before that date. The problem deals with the phenomenon of people experiencing real emotions over fictional things. Now, there are 3 possible explanations to this. A lot of people may be inclined to claim that the emotions felt are not real, or that one can feel emotions for things that are not real. But what if the explanation is that fiction is, in a certain way, indeed real? I beg you to consider this, and hope we can work on a non discriminating basis.

On another note, 2013 is, as I have to clarify, the past to me. It's certainly interesting to observe how little since have changed since now. If you want me to elaborate on these days, feel free to ask, as I do not think this kind of thing is still appropriate to mention in my introduction. Speaking of, your introduction of me was rather inaccurate and left out some details, but was generally acceptable. There is one final thing I want to bring attention to in advance. I apologize for any mistakes in my articulation. To my knowledge, there is not much wrong with my English, however, I have heard knowing multiple languages can have strange effects on the brain. A simple sentence can mean the complete opposite if translated word by word. I could give a generic example, or a historical one. Even one that happened during a very important business meeting. However, for now I should focus on the interview at hand, so I will listen to your question before elaborating further.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: Your debut to the Ace Attorney Online community came in the form of Turnabout of Courage, an exciting trial developed by German locked-room mystery author, Blackrune. How do you feel about how your debut went? Was it to your expectations?

Luna: I ultimately turned out to play a minor role in the case, however, whether I was satisfied is not something i can answer in merely one sentence. Thinking about it, I was certainly accurately represented during the trial. During the investigation, however, I was only given two talk options. That is barely any characterisation. I think every character deserves a proper introduction, which was certainly given to me as well. Still, as someone who likes to avoid confusion I think it would have been better to have me elaborate on at least two more points. I have to point out that I did indeed have more lines than the other characters, like Peter Burg, yet I feel like I didn't have the time to properly establish myself. Ms. Fey surely had some more questions on her mind. I simply don't see how what I told her was possibly enough. Why didn't she ask? Oh, my apologies. If I started asking questions, this wouldn't be an interview anymore but a more regular conversation. To get back to whether I was satisfied, I was forced to wait in the prosecution's lobby together with several other people for little to no given reason as for why that was necessary. Afterwards I have been mocked by a prosecutor and accused of infidelity by a defense attorney. While I cannot say I enjoyed it, refuting their argument with my precise and clear logic gave me a certain amount of satisfaction afterwards. Overall I have mixed feelings about this debut, but I think I managed to convey what I wanted.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: As aforementioned in the prefatory comments to this interview, we've also seen your presence on the forums once before when you replied to a certain defense attorney over his proposition to you. What made you choose to cross dimensions and reply?

Luna: I do certainly remember that. I thought the reason was rather apparent. I couldn't just leave things on such an uncertain notes. There was a necessity to inform him of my ultimate refusal as well as inquire about his reaction. The latter was mainly for analytical purposes. I like to form certain theses based on information I empirically acquired. His reply, however, betrayed my expectations. For some reason I was completely unable to locate the lawyer in question in my own dimension. My thesis to that is that, just like me, he is to a certain extent able to travel freely between dimensions. I base this assumption on the fact he did indeed show signs of being aware of things he should not be in the trial. It is hard for me to elaborate on the exact working son this. I am infact aware of another dimension, which for some reason is considered 'canon'. In said dimension, my dear husband has been arrested for blackmail and murder before I ever got the chance to meet him. It seems both interesting and unsettling to think about this. However, one has to consider that I would not be aware of the other timeline in said dimension, and most likely just continue my life as an independent woman until I find a different partner. My apologies, that was not intended to sound heartless to my husband or anything. Allow me to clarify, love is easily one of the concepts most distorted by modern society. If one was to approach this neutrally, there really cannot be something like 'the One' as often depicted in media. To name the first historical figure that came to my mind and is disproving this: Henry VIII of England. Then again, that is not exactly the best example, just something brought to mind by a recent book. To clarify, there are quite many people in history with multiple partners. Now, one may argue these are outdated examples, and do not apply to modern society. I will have to note that I could as well call marriage outdated, but that would be hypocritical of me, so I will instead have to point out that even in modern times there are quite a lot of people with multiple partners. ...All of this is, of course, merely a hypothetical elaboration, and I feel like I should make clear that the alleged affair with Larry Butz did, indeed, never happen. For further elaboration as for why that is a completely absurd thought, please have another look at my testimony in Turnabout of Courage.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: As a character of Blackrune, I'm sure you're probably the most well-equipped out of all of us to answer this striking question. In regards to Judgement Seekers, is it likely that anything will emerge in terms of detailed programmatic specificity?

Luna: I'm not quite so sure whether I am capable of providing information about this. You have made quite clear in the introduction that I am Luna Atmey. However, in Judgement Seekers I would indeed still be Luna von Doppelbohringen. I have knowledge of said dimension, as I have made clear earlier, but I wouldn't want to confuse readers by talking as if I was somehow two people at once. In fact, one has once again to consider that 2013, there would be another younger me that is still in her twenties. What am I to pretend in this case, without causing unnecessary confusion? Oh, my apologies... that was a question again, though one could consider it one of the rhetorical kind, which is apparently allowed to remain unanswered for the simple reason that the answer is clear. But is it really always clear? If it were me, I would always answer a 'rhetorical' question in great detail, to make sure my intentions are conveyed properly. I do not believe I fully understand this Blackrune to give a clear statement, but it appears he has plans to drastically change his plans regarding the ending of this series. Apparently he wants to shorten his account of events even further than he already has. This seems incomprehensible to me. I can understand expanding on something, but SHORTENING it? I'm afraid it's beyond me why anybody would attempt to shorten something. Some people call it 'getting to the point'. I disagree, and my point would be that there is no point in getting to the point if the point is not properly conveyed in the first place. In other words, elaborations. They have another effect. Did you know that the more precise and descriptive a given passage of text is, the more people care? You can't just say "a house in a street". If you're specific on the house and the street, and any stories connected to it, readers start to care. Some people keep telling me that if overdone, interest would quickly be lost. Those people, I can't understand how they couldn't appreciate the work put into those things by authors. I will have more to say to that... later, for I think I have sufficiently answered the question at hand for now.

Tap: Is there anything you might be able to tell us on whether or not you're set to return as a featured character in one of Blackrune's trials?

Luna: As a matter of fact, I have been robbed off my reappearance by the very act of SHORTENING Judgement Seekers. It's truly unforgivable to not only omit an entire case, but have it be the one case that has me appear again. Oh, my apologies, I have to be clear. There are two things that could be misinterpreted. First of all, it was indeed set to be my first appearance, yet Mr. Blackrune had little idea of who I actually am. He did in fact merely describe me with the offending and vague description of "arrogant lady with twintails".

Where do I even begin with this? Allow me to answer my own question: With the first word in that "description. Arrogance is a strange attribute. On one hand it makes a person seem full of themselves, to the point where some people are actually afraid of becoming self confident for the mere fact that they do not want to become arrogant. By my observations, that is a contradiction. It does not take much knowledge of psychology to realize that arrogance is clearly a sign of low self confidence. To make things clear, people with low self confidence do more often than not do one of two things: become very shy or even hostile towards others, or arrogant. The difference would be denial. An arrogant person does not want to admit his lack of self confidence, and hides it behind said behaviour. Note that I have not found a relation between wealth, social standing, or any other factor to form a solid thesis on the confidence of a person. This does unfortunately mean that I cannot use my relatively well-established company as direct proof of my confidence. To my knowledge, however, I am not what one should call arrogant, although I have to admit this may be a slightly biased observation. My father always told me to be proud of my history. I will use this approach and claim that I was educated to be confident by my parents. How parents raise their children has been shown to have quite an effect on them. Empirical proof of this is easily visible, as most children believe the things their parents tell them for a long time. I believe this should be sufficient proof that I am in no way arrogant, making the first word of that description entirely wrong. Now, I will concede that I am a lady, however, I cannot allow such an inaccurate visual description as "with twintails" to pass. This hair is not as simply kept in place as one would think. There is a far more unique and complicated process to this. Allow me to explain, I am using a special product by my very own company. This special substance does effectively cool down below its crystallization point once it comes in contact with keratin. In case you do not know, hair does normally consist of keratin, which is simply a description for a certain kind of protein. I will assume you know what a protein is, otherwise you are free to ask afterwards. The details are complicated, and I have in fact not understood them completely because our researchers are better at discovering things than at actually explaining them. For safety purposes this product with the prototype name Cool-Gel has not yet been put on the market. However, this is the real explanation for my hair. Rather than ribbons or regular gel, my hair is effectively frozen. Solid and shiny. In other words, one can hardly consider them "twintails" with this fact in mind. Even a grotesque word like "spike" would be more accurate. However, in honor of the original meaning of my surname, von Doppelbohringen, I do like them being referred to as "drills".

In short, that early description Mr. Blackrune gave of me was horribly inaccurate. I am glad that case did not actually turn out to be my first appearance, who knows what would have happened? Now, that brings me to the next point. The case in question disappeared, but things didn't seem to go as intended and I made my first appearance in a completely different case. What does this mean for future appearances? I would be most honored to be once again bring the joy of elaborations to the blinded masses, but I am afraid Mr. Blackrune has forbidden me to confirm or deny anything. He threatened me with complete removal. Now, that threat wouldn't even make sense if I wasn't to once again appear somewhere. You can take your conclusions from that, I am sadly not allowed to say much on the subject.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: From what you've observed of our community, are there any trial-developers or any other individuals that you like or inspire you?

Luna: Ohohoho, a most fitting question. My approval is not easily gained in these hasty times. Very few people tend to appreciate the details of life these days. They all want their quickly processed information given to them in the most uninspiring crude way. Things like sitting down and enjoying a book, that is something some people these days are not even capable of anymore. They jump around on the internet, from tab to tab, absorbing information. Admittedly quite an amount of information, yet all superficial. Superficial, vague, inaccurate with details! I feel like I have to mention Mr. Blackrune here. ToC is his only worthwhile creation, and even there some parts were not sufficiently elaborated on. The pacing in his cases is rushed. Some call it getting to the point, but is it really worth it if characterization and atmosphere is sacrificed? His mysteries almost rely on the fact that things are sometimes not accurately described. If he had taken his time in Turnabout Pairs, maybe people would have actually cared about the defendant, not just about the puzzle that was apparently there to solve, which was by the way relying on ambiguous descriptions in the evidence. It really offended me, and I hope he's reading this. My apologies, I should get to the question instead of doing the exact opposite.

Let me begin with you, Mr. Tap. Your trials are doing things correctly in terms of atmosphere and pacing. Let me elaborate, I am referring to existing trials. I have received word of a trial with the curious name 'Turnabout Shot Dunk', the description of which made me cringe. Fortunately it turned out said trial does apparently not exist and was merely the fabrication of someone's fantasy. This is based on somewhat questionable evidence, but surely it shouldn't be too relevant considering its definitely evident nonexistence. Mysterious Sirens and Turnabout was very appropriately paced. I remember Mr. Ballard's introduction in the first trial mainly because it was so wonderfully executed. THIS is how you establish a character. Everyone should play Sirens to see what I mean. The rest of the case was very solid work as well, though some parts did still appear quite rushed to me. It's the mystery that suffers from some vaguely described details, however, a mystery is a puzzle.A thing. A character is a living person. It should without a doubt be obvious what should be given more attention to, and that's what this case does right, although it doesn't mean flaws should just be dismissed. A shall refrain from commenting on your latest case until it is finished, I will however say that I am so far decently pleased by once again well established characters and motivations. Now, another trial I found enjoyable to play was Mr. deHughes' Turnabout Inferno, which is sadly still unfinished. The amount of truly pleasing elaborations did actually incur disapproval in a handful of people. I couldn't disagree more, and blame once again current developments in the way people want their stories to be. Always to the point, ignoring all the fine little details that deserve mention and show who actually thought about what they wrote.

I will therefore hope that Mr. deHughes will not do something regrettable like trying to please everyone, and continue on his path to please those of us who can still appreciate the value of words. A more recent example of admirable pacing are the works of Mr. DwaM, or however his name is supposed to be capitalized. I have heard some people objecting to the length of the flashbacks in his trial "Turnabout Tomorrow". In my opinion, they were about the appropitae length. In fact, they should probably have been expanded in places. However, I understand that some of them were vague on purpose, and as the case is complete I can see certain cases of vagueness to be justified, though I am still more of a fan of plots that aren't deliberately vague at points and use shadowy silhouettes to create mysteries. The pacing and atmosphere in his cases is certainly something to be applauded. Finally, the people responsible for the RP "Endless Time" have received my approval, for it has created a fascinating world to read through. Not all posts are of good quality, but there are gems between the pages. More often than not by a person named Mr. GuardianDreamer. In fact, I've seen that person crafting posts that are simply pleasing to read in several roleplays. While we are on the subject of roleplays, a roleplay called "Requiem of the Shadows", apparently created by the aforementioned Mr. deHughes, does apparently have a rule making quite clear that every post needs to meet minimum requirements of length. That is the single most important rule I have ever seen in a roleplay, and I would be in favor of implementing that as a global forum rule.

Tap: Sadly, I do believe Turnabout Inferno has been in fact deleted... A terrible shame since it provided a fantastic portrayal of Jacques Portsman, continuing in the amazing rhythm of Zeel1's style...
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: Now let's talk about your personal life. What was your childhood like?

Luna: My childhood? That is a rather vague definition. I am assuming you mean the entire time period I was officially considered a child. On the other hand, you could also be referring to my entire life up until the current status quo. I will give you a brief summary. I was born on February 9, 1990 in Hamburg, Germany. My parents were technically living in America at that time. I should make it clear, for I am not sure if everyone here has read the story of my ancestors I outlined in Turnabout of Courage. I should, however, keep it brief, for it is something technically not happening during my "childhood" but before I was born. In a skillful turn of events my ancestors avoided both world wars as well as the severe consequences of the Great Depression, establishing their business by traveling to America with quite a fortune. During the decades Germany had been occupied they kept avoiding it for fairly understandable reasons. After the Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1889, they finally decided to pay their now fully reestablished hom ecountry and their relatives and friends their a long-awaited visit by visiting several major cities. I was born during said visits, in the aforementioned town of Hamburg. Technically one could say Germany is therefore my home country as well. However, my parents soon travelled back to America. In fact, they were always on the look for new business contracts and expansions. For me this meant that I had to switch schools extremely often because my parents kept traveling between several states and even countries. It sounds like a hasty live, but I think I managed fairly well to still appreciate the details of life. It should, however, be needless to say that I did not have the time to establish many relationships during my childhood, and frequently lost any friends I may have been in the process of making at the whim of my parents. However, I managed to find enjoyment in this life regardless. Preparing and repeating a lengthy introduction of myself at every new school was like a fun hobby to me. My father always told me to be proud of the history of my family, so I always made sure to include the details.

Books were things that would stay with me even if my parents once again decided to travel, so it's natural I concluded to collect and read quite a lot of them. My parents also often brought me along to meetings, and my curious nature made me learn a lot from the odd businessman willing to answer a young girl's questions. It helped preparing me for the role as CEO of my company that I were to eventually assume. I can state with confidence that my parents have always treated me well, so this part of my childhood could be considered relatively good. I graduated from schools without significant problems despite the constant switching. My apologies, I should mention that I was also homeschooled on several subjects that could not be easily transferred from school to school. My parents had a private teacher especially hired for that purpose. Her name, if I remember this correctly, was Mei Liwei. My apologies, that name probably doesn't mean much to you. I should elaborate. Mei Liwei was, if memory serves me right, the cousin of the extremely succesful businessman Hu Liwei, founder of C-Link Inc, and- Oh, I should probably explain C-Link Inc. to you first. It's a Chinese soft- and hardware producer our Company had contracts with. It should be fairly well-known, though I can't make any guarantees for your dimension. As the name suggests, their vision is to link everyone and bring people together, which is reflected in their products being all compatible and having a lot of networking features. Their direct rival would be Doors Inc. But to get back to Mei Liwei, she happened to be the cousin of said man and, albeit not quite as wealthy, had learned her ways about business and several other things from him. She taught me a lot of things I was expected to be able to do later and was generally a friendly person I felt secure around. I have never again met someone to give me such an interesting feeling... except of course my dear husband eventually.

You may also be interested in when I took over as the CEO of Cool Company. In 2009 my father had an... unfortunate accident in one of our factories. My mother soon after expected me to take over the company even though I was still relatively young. I managed to apply what I had learned, though naturally I had some assistance from senior executives. On the sidelines I attended a special business school, aiming to get an MBA degree. However, most of what I was taught seemed either redundant or rather vague, and I lost interest and quit soon after. The fact that Cool Company thereafter never got into any significant trouble should be proof enough that I was not in need of it anyway. We are slowly getting closer to what I would no longer perceive as my childhood. Technically, one could say that I was already an adult at the age of 19 and therefore that part should not have been part of a reply to a question about my childhood, however, first of all some would argue that one's childhood ends with 21 or even later, possibly depending on your subjective state of mind. I mainly wanted to include it for the sake of completion, because in my subjective mind my childhood ends with the day I took over Cool Company as its CEO and owner.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: That brings me to my next question. What is your average day like?

Luna: I assume that by 'average' you are referring to what the most amount of days are generally like in my current state of life. I generally wake up at 6 AM. However, this may vary depending on factors related to the previous day. It takes me about 2 hours to prepare myself for the rest for the day. This preparation does always include a shower as well as the relatively lengthy task of re freezing my hair. I also never forget to brush my teeth, again with a special Cool Company product aiming to simply freeze all potential bacteria. Of course, the process of freezing bacteria is not completely reliable seeing how a lot of them easily resume their life after unfreezing, so the effects of normal toothpaste have to be mixed in. This procedure may seem slightly pointless considering all of this, however, it has never failed to properly wake me up. This is in fact also the reason I prefer my showers cold. They tend to clear away the morning sleepiness and clear the mind so it can be filled with many new thoughts.

My dear husband is usually already gone by then, considering he has taken over the major CEO work. After I ate breakfast I head for Cool Company's headquarters to both help and supervise things. While my dear husband seems to generally leave no reason to doubt his competence, I have to make sure to be there i ncase something unexpected happens. The honor of the von Doppelbohringen family is after all still my responsibility, and I would not want to be the one to remain known as the end to our propserous history.

I reach headquarters by car, being driven by a private driver. This takes roughly 15 minutes, varying depending on traffic conditions, as I made sure to live nearby. I have often elaborated on the buildings I observe each morning. They generally include a lot of skyscrapers, as well as a casino, a subway station, a park, a magazine shop at a corner, as well a an Italian and a French restaurant. Over the years I have observed the trees in the aforementioned park slowly growing, as well as new buildings being built. This is quite interesting to observe each day, and I make sure to notify my driver of all changes each time. His reply is usually just a nod, which I will excuse because he has to pay attention to the road.

When I arrive at headquarters I am usually warmly greeted by all employees I encounter, and sometimes immediately notified of something urgent. However, on an 'average' day, I am naturally not notified of any occurrences out of the ordinary. I then head to my office, and spend most of my time replying to E-mails and other forms of notification for me. Our company does have a lot of business relations, the specifics of which need to be re-clarified very often. We are involved in the aforementioned computer technology, as our cooling methods are valuable to them to keep things from overheating. Notable contractors include, as I said, C-Link Inc., as well as Doors Inc. Doors Inc. is yet another company technically in direct competition with C-Link Inc. It was founded by Will Doors. Surely I don't need to elaborate on the details of the Windoors operating system, as they are the most used computers in the world. I will concede that this may not perfectly apply to your dimension, but there is probably something similar. Their current project involves creating a computer producing no perceptible heat on the outsideing . Our researchers are assisting them, however, I must not reveal the details at this moment. There are also our contracts with the IBO. My apologies, I do not think you would have heard of them. IBO refers to the International Butler Organization. In our dimension, they have become something which could generally be likened to a modern guild. Butlers are trained by them in exchange for a monthly fee. If you aren't IBO-approved as a butler, you have very little chances of finding a job. They were founded in 2014 by Jonatan Ferdinand Wilhelm Waldemar Equrestiozlothringen. You may remember this from the time I elaborated on it in Turnabout of Courage. I hope you do. Our contracts with them generally amount to providing them with relatively huge amounts of... ice. I have not yet looked into what this ice is actually needed for. Moving on, there is a moderate chance to be contacted by a man by the name of William Ost on each average day. Mr. Ost could be considered something like a secondary owner. I should probably elaborate. In early 2017, he saved Cool Company from a minor crisis by buying up around 40% of our shares. Since then he has been holding on to them. I've heard he is the owner of a casino chain and generally a big investor. As for what drove him to buy that many of our shares at once, I am afraid I cannot say. This naturally turned him into a figure to consider. Our board of directors does only consist of him and me, with me still having the final decision in most things. However, I have to consider his opinions, which are generally just good advice.

These activities take up the majority of my day. I will admit that I sometimes take a break to read a book from the small private library set up in my office, or simply look out the window to observe changes in the scenery. On an average day, I drive home together with my husband. However, he sometimes takes his time, and as you may remember this can result in us staying at the company late into the night. This time of returning home varies greatly between 6 PM to midnight. Once home, we eat dinner and, on an average day I either proceed reading a book, writing, or elaborating on something to my husband. The time I go to sleep greatly varies. My thesis is that this varying is responsible for reported instances of personal sleepiness. I have in fact been informed of having "stood there as if I'd been frozen" once. Generally, my morning routine seems to wash all sleepiness away, but these reported occurrences have made me doubt part of my memory. I would have to try going to sleep at a fixed time in order to further define my thesis on it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: What are your plans for the future?

Luna: I would elaborate on my plans, but they are frankly not too greatly defined. I find happiness in enjoying the details of life, as well as remembering the past. One could naturally argue that I should then strive to create a great past to look back at in the future. At the current moment my main objective is to make sure Cool Company and our history continues positively. I have thought about leaving the tasks of the company completely to other people, but I don't feel like I can risk this yet. Despite my advanced age, I do not feel adequately prepared for one of my current goals, which is to become a mother. Even with all my historic knowledge, there are still things I am uncertain of. However, it is my dream to have a child and teach them the same things I have been taught, in order to take over the company when the time comes. But those are matters for a faraway future, and for now I solely desire to continue obtaining knowledge and clarity on things.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: Which is your favourite Ace Attorney game?

Luna: I will have to choose the apparently most popular option: Trials and Tribulations. It features my dear husband, how could I choose anything else? Allow me to express my approval of the final villain in Ace Attorney Investigations, however. He made very commendably elaborate efforts in order to force the protagonist to properly ascertain his guilt. I seem to be somewhat more alone with this opinion, but I stand by it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: What other games do you really like?

Luna: I will have to say that I am not familiar with many games. If Visual Novels qualify, there would be a lot to list. However, the definition of 'game' does not necessarily fit with them, for interaction is more often than not relatively limited, even compared to Ace Attorney games. I have found a liking for old text adventures, as long as they take the time to properly describe their surroundings. It's sadly been too long to name any specific game. I have played very little recent games. However, the Metal Gear Solid series, surprising as it is for the genre, always pleased me with their amount of detail and time spent in cutscenes. Aside from that, I generally prefer more text-based games. Feel free to make any recommendations for newer games, as I probably haven't played them, but note that my standards are high.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: What was the first video game you ever played?

Luna: That would have been in 1996. My parents were once again on a business trip. I can't recall many details, but I was positioned in front of one of those rather old-looking computer monitors in order to pass the time they took in a meeting. There was a game with the name 'Simon the Sorcerer' on it. I was quite pleased with the amount of options given in the dialogues as well as exploration. To be able to properly explore a world is very important, all these linear newer games are truly sad examples of today's expectations on games. That said, I was never able to beat the game, because the meeting was over and we left before I could accomplish anything noteworthy. However, I remember it being a pleasing experience rudely interrupted by someone lifting me up from behind in order to leave.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: We're nearing the end. Do you have any other interests?

Luna: Ohohoho. As I said, I do occasionally write. I have in fact attempted to create a trial on this very page. However, the limitations scared me away relatively quickly. For example, three lines of text per frame simply isn't anything. Still, it is apparently considered bad to go over that low limit. One could of course argue that the amount of frames isn't limited. However, there are fallacies with that assertion. First of all, the editor seems to stop working smoothly even on a good computer once a certain amount of frames is reached. Secondly, it could be considered more tedious to create a new frames every 3 lines of text, instead of just typing it out all at once. This leads to consumption of time. As we now all more or less agree, the time of a given individual on earth is limited. In fact, if history can tell us one thing, it is that very fact. Not only people, even great empires. The Roman Empire, the Mongol Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, even the British Empire used to be the largest on earth at a certain point in time. All of them were to eventually pass, so not even the time of given individuals, but also the time of any given entity on earth is limited. Now, one could still object and use humanity itself as an example, or more abstract concepts. This will be harder to refute, but I will nonetheless attempt it. There are, of course, allegedly timeless concepts. Plato called those 'ideas'. Any given object does exist as an idea on a higher, timeless plane, according to him. I concede that this is hard to disprove. Even if humanity were to vanish, those ideas would still exist somewhere, to be rediscovered by new conscient beings. This should, however, be hardly relevant, as such an abstract idea has little influence on a concrete trial created with this editor. We therefore have to focus on individuals capable of inputting frames in the editor, as those would be the only ones capable of continuing for me after my own time has run out. These would mostly be entities considered 'alive', though I can not completely dismiss the possibility of wind blowing a stone on a keyboard either.

Now, I will concede there are more holes in that reasoning. For one, I can not predict the future perfectly, and it could be argued that a medicine or other technology would grant me a longer life. However, I wish to prove that with current scientific assumptions, this would still at best only result in a finite extension of time. There are several theses on the eventual fate tof the universe, some more popular than others. I will have to consider every single one, of course, and show how all of them support my claim. The universe is currently expanding. Allow me to elaborate, this was indeed caused by the Big Bang. However, we should not concern ourselves too much with the beginning of the universe. For now the end result is more relevant. A pretty popular theory is that the density of the universe is indeed sufficient for gravity to eventually stop the expansion and reverse the process. Now, the universe would consequently implode back into the point it started from. Opinions on the exact result are split, seeing how one has to consider unknown factors about such amounts of energy. Some claim that this implosion would in fact result in another Big Bang, creating a new universe. In regard to this, the old universe would still have come to an end. In other words, all information on my trial would have been lost. The other possibilities in this scenario are similar in that the information would certainly cease to exist. There is, however, the opposite case to consider. The universe may keep expanding indefinitely. There are again different opinions on the result of this possibility. A widely accepted assumption is that this constant expansion would lead to the universe freezing. Again, transmitting information in a completely frozen universe should hardly be possible, seeing how everything literally cannot move anymore. The opposite claim is heat death, which is basically the same just on the other end of the temperature scale. And, once again, transmission of information is no longer possible, or any form of sustained life for that matter. There is yet another theory that we will eventually just more or less evaporate into particles as a result of the expansion. Once again these would eventually be so distant from each other that interaction was no longer feasible. That more or less covers the basic ideas regarding our universe. Now, judging from this, time is clearly limited. The input of frames requires time. So the claim that you can input an infinite amount of frames is simply wrong.

...Alternatively, one also has to consider that the space to save those frames on is vastly limited. However, I feared there may be ways to argue around that, so I chose to elaborate on the end of the universe instead of trying to validate this other argument. So while I have tried creating a trial before, I sadly did not get too far before the limitations made me realize the scope of my project was simply too big to accomplish with these in place. It's fortunate I hadn't publicly announced it at the time, so I was able to just silently delete the the first 20 parts. (I was by the way almost up to the murder of Gaius Julius Caesar. Truly regrettable.) Oh, my apologies, you wanted to hear about my other interest, but so far I have mostly dealt with expanding on my interest in writing an Ace Attorney game myself. I am indeed fond of writing, but never seem to get a project done.

I tend to find something more interesting to elaborate on in the middle of any given project. Seeing how it's just a hobby, I suppose it can be afforded. I love sightseeing and visiting interesting landscapes and old buildings. Taking in all the details and their history is something I'll never grow tired of, and I hope I will never run out of places. Tourists seem to confuse me with a tour guide quite often on these trips, I have no thesis explaining that phenomenon formed yet. It could simply be something happening to everyone, but since I can't perceive everyone else's experiences I have started to believe it only happens to me. Science does also interests me, especially its history. The theses brought forth by scientists and how they were eventually disproved or replaced, as well as the general concept of proof are things I think I have acquired a decent understanding of. I still need to gather more in depth knowledge on certain scientific models. Fortunately, scientists tend to occasionally share my love for elaborations. Well, some. Others tend to try and summarize everything in one single formula. A rather vague approach, how is anybody without further knowledge supposed to interpret that correctly?

Connected to that is my interest in philosophy. I love reading philosophic argumentations. There are many I could name, but the elaborations and logic of Karl Popper have always been a very special pleasure to read. Speaking of reading, I tend to read a lot. In this category, I will give special mention to the book 'War and Peace'. The pacing and level of detail is simply awe-inspiring. I also tend to prefer novels with a historical foundation, though the occasional venture into the land of science fiction does happen as long as the mechanics are believably and accurately explained. Fantasy and mystery novels are not really a genre I like, they tend to leave certain things vague or are simply too rushed for me to care and remember them. I also like elaborating, especially to people that listen. Sadly, they're are rare find. More often than not I find people merely pretending they understood what I was trying to say.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: Although I would normally ask a question of politics, I feel a question of philosophy would be a far more appropriate fit for you, Mrs. Atmey. Therefore, please answer for us: Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Luna: Ohohoho, now... this is interesting to consider. By definition a chicken lays eggs and, and an egg gives birth to a chicken. If we are to assume that one of them came first going by these definitions, logic would constitute to always call the preceding entity either a proper chicken or an egg as well. If we were to follow this loop backwards we'd go once again back to the beginning of the universe. Allow me to clarify... the beginning of the universe gave life to thing. My apologies, I have to be clear. I don't mean 'life' in the general use of referring to organic entities but the foundation for that - the possible transfer of energy and information. Now, there are theses claiming the universe never came to be but has in fact existed for an infinite amount of time, which may be hard to picture. Even if this were true, it would still be the object of the absolute beginning, disregarding potential religious views which could be applied. The universe is therefore a chicken or an egg. Now, obviously this wouldn't answer the question. It all comes down to definition. In fact, one of my definitions given was a flawed assumption. The question does little in defining its terms, but what a 'chicken' is can be safely assumed. As for an egg, I have to point out that there are, in fact, eggs from other animals. This included dinosaurs, who can be safely assumed to have lived before chickens even existed. In other words, the egg definitely came first.
▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tap: Before we conclude this interview, do you have anything else you'd like to say?

Luna: Sadly the power of my medium is limited, so I couldn't stay long enough to say all the things I still want to say. That is the reason for my previous rather short elaborations. I apologize for any lack of clarity this issue might cause. It was an honor to be here today, considering aforementioned circumstances making it rather unlikely for me to be ever chosen as a 'member' of the month. Have respect for your history and remember that words are good. That is all.
ImageImage
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Re: Member of the Month: February and March 2013

Post by DeeYo »

There are so many good users here, why did you have to choose an imaginary person
Who the heck asks Luna what her childhood was like

Congrats Luna! ...uh...yeah.

Total times sued: 10328
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Um... Reyson, I swear to you I have no idea who this woman is, and I'm pretty sure she's not my wife. Just a disclaimer. Anyway, who are you, and why do you claim to be married to me?! :trilo:
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

(...I certainly have no idea why Tap decided for this. Interviewing just about anyone else would probably have been shorter.)

Congratz I guess?
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Tap go home you're drunk.

Con...gratulations...?
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Whoa, if I was drinking anything now I would've spit it out. But I like surprises~~ Congratulations~!
Hey, it's one of the few fangame characters I actually know! I've finished playing like four trials by now? lol xD
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

lol wut

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

...I don't get it.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Play ToC. >_>

Jeesh, you guys, lrn2playfancases

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Congrats, Luna! So tell me...
Favorite color?
Favorite book?
Favorite movie?
Least favorite movie?
Favorite song?
Favorite band or singer?
Do you watch anime?
What's the meaning to life, the universe, and everything?
What would you do for a Klondike bar?
How is your day going?
Where'd you get your hair done?
Can you say "Irish Wristwatch"?
What's your name mean?
Who is Blackrune?
Do you watch Game Grumps?
Favorite video game?
Do you ever RP?
Favorite fancase?
Favorite canon case?
Favorite briefcase?
Did BEN drown?
Wha'ts a paladin?
Where am I?
Can you hold this bomb for me?
Where's my money?
Do you agree Teddy Roosevelt's the best president?
Do you know the Muffin Man?
Is this going to piss Rune off?

No further questions.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

What ever happened to the point of having actual AAO members in MotM? :?

I'll never forget the time where Fury had put a mysterious ice cube in my throat in Whodunnit.

Err...congrats, Luna...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

This is what this reminds me of.

Makes sense in context if you've seen the episode but still, it's kinda like that.... ^^'

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Tap

Post by Tap »

Unfortunately as a result of how incredibly busy I was last month and for the first half of this month with university (now I've withdrawn), work and trying to finalise the remaining parts of Hope Springs to be released, I wasn't able to commit to an interview for February. Although I had choices, I felt it unfair on the rest of the community if I were to give March's Member of the Month the position of February as well, so I decided to go with a more safer option and give it to a well-known OC in the fan community. Perhaps this wasn't the best choice, in retrospect... In any case, do note that this will be the only fictional Member of the Month... The choices for April, May, June and the Anniversary have already been decided, and April's interview is set to begin within a couple of days time. And April's interview will be posted much earlier, so "Luna" will only have the spotlight for probably two weeks at best.
ImageImage
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

This... this is the greatest thing in existence. I think I'm in love.

Luna, will you marry me?
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I applaud you for our creativity here Tap. It's a good way to make up for the delay (although I hav no idea who the character is supposed to be :P)