[Community Organised!] April 2014: Nihilistic Ninja

The MotM is an interview that the team does at the end of each month. It's a fun way of finding out about respected members of the community.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

[Community Organised!] April 2014: Nihilistic Ninja

Post by enigma »

April 2014
You like magical girls, right? This is the only magical girl, I know! Stop judging me!

Nihilistic Ninja

Hey, there. Enigma here! Welcome to another installment of the AAO Member of the Month. That monthly (usually with delay....) interview where we find prominent members of our community who've done great things or are just great guys. Today we're going to be interviewing a well known member of the RP and xat parts of AAO, but also someone who has even been dubbed the "Deus Ex Machina detective" in the past for his skill at solving mysteries.

In any case!

Here we go! Let's get this interview started!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enigma: Hello, NN. And welcome to the Member of the Month April Edition. How are you feeling today?

NN: Hi. And I’m feeling decently well; it’s kind of a cliche but I’m really honored to have been selected, so I’d like to thank you for that.

Enigma: Well, hey. You’ve done a lot for the community. And, also, even I got selected once so… Anything’s possible. Haha. Now, then. Before we begin… I have to ask, what is your favorite colour?

NN: Hmm… favorite color… probably light blue, I suppose? Either that or purple.

Enigma: I see, I see. I ask because a certain moderator insists that coloured text is a necessity. XP Anyway, now that that’s out of the way, we can really get on with the interview. So, NN… How DID you find the AAO community?

NN: As in, how did I find the website? Well, I think it was one day back in 2011 I was really bored and started searching “murder mystery games” or something along those lines in google, and happened upon this site. Then I played a few of the cases (some of the stuff in the featured list; I don’t remember which ones at this point) before starting to play Virtual Turnabout. And I thought it would be entertaining if I joined and posted commentary while playing the game, and so I did.

And afterwards I kind of got attached to the site, and stayed on (ignoring a couple hiatuses). Then, eventually, I kind of started to feel isolated because I would only frequent Your Trials. So on a couple people’s recommendation I spread out and visited the other areas of the site, and the AAO Xat. And… here am I, more or less.
------
Enigma: Speaking of your “debut” on the AAO forums, you became known, in a short time, as a “deus ex machina” detective for solving...Was it, Turnabout Of Courage? Before it had been completed, didn’t you?

NN: Oh, heh, right. Actualy, really what made me popular was that I solved Virtual before even getting to the trial portion; apparently something that had never been done before. I don’t really know what to say about that… it’s just one of those things where things clicked for me.

Now Courage… Courage was kind of the opposite. Essentially I had a 50 page debate with BP, kwand, and I think a uesr named Cereberus_Alpha (or something similar) that isn’t around anymore, and was… more or less completely wrong. Which was relatively humiliating, honestly.
So really if I have a claim to fame, I guess it would be Virtual. Courage is… just a case I would rather forget, honestly.

Enigma: Ah, well then… I’m sorry for bringing it up. That’s my bad. *Ahem* Though, on a different note, besides Turnabout Nanoha and [That case that never happen] have you made any other trials on AAO? Do you have any planned?

NN: Oh, it’s fine that you brought it up. No big.

Aside from Turnabout Nanoha and that other case, I don’t have any completed cases to my name, no. I’m not very good at generating ideas on my own, honestly. And I hate when people rip things off, as I think I’ve made clear in the past. So it’s been hard for me to make an independent case. However, I am working on a couple projects at the moment with other users- I don’t know if they would want me to/care if I made exactly what they are public, so I would prefer to not say anything about them. ^^

Enigma: Ah, phew. That’s good to hear. Speaking of trials, I have to ask… Do you have any favorite trials? Maybe a top 3 or 5?

NN: Hmm… I’ve made it quite clear on Xat that I really, really love Turnabout Pairs. If I had to pick a trial on this site that was my favorite, that’d probably be it. I feel like the puzzles were challenging while still intuitive, the mystery interesting, and overall just a fun case to play.

A second and third favorite? Hmm… kind of tricky. I really like Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, despite how crazy obtuse the solutions are at times, so that would likely be on there. Hmm… I’m not sure on a third, in all honesty. Maybe Burial? I’m just hesitant to put an unfinished case on there.

(If I can pick non-AAO cases, Turnabout Substitution is imo the best case ever made, so that would go on the top as well)

Enigma: Turnabout Substitution… That was certainly a very popular case, one of the most well known of AA fancases. As for Turnabout Pairs and Two Sides, I take it you quite enjoy the Bad Rune team, then?

NN: I think that BP-Rune make a great team; they both have strengths that compliment each other quite well- I would say that Rune’s skill is likely solid character writing and contradiction construction (though that depends on the case I think), whereas BP is pretty good at creating mysteries and writing them well. The two very clearly know how to play off each other and come up with interesting ideas, too.

Enigma: Yes, they’re certainly my favorite couple on AAO, that’s for sure.
------
Enigma: Now, then… Moving away from trials, you’ve been part of quite a few RP’s here since last year or so, wouldn’t you say?

NN: Haha, yeah. I’ve really kind of migrated to the RP section; that’s where practically all my posts are these days. Really, how I got into RPs I find kind of amusing, in that it was basically just a favor. It was back when DR RP was just starting up, and they were desperately looking for somebody to replace Evo, and I happened to be on and volunteered. And then started to RP, and I just ended up having a lot of fun getting to play around with a character and really interact with the other RPers on the site, so I started to join more RPs… until we got to where we are now.

Enigma: Ah, yes. I remember when you first became part of the dar- I mean, RP side of AAO. How time flies. But, it isn’t just RPing, is it? You’ve done some GM work on a few RP’s and forum games to. Such as, DRRP2 or TGDK. Could you tell us about that?

NN: Well, TGDK was definitely a fun experience. IT was fun coming up with character powers and such with Topaz, and helping him create the mystery (though he did most of the heavy lifting in that department). Really the funnest part for me though was the responding to player’s actions- to actually get to see them trying to solve the mystery and put the pieces together; I actually literally stayed up all night with a few people (BP, Kwand, Hersh, Singi, and you I think) just constantly responding to the actions you gave. It was just a blast trying to see you guys figure out the mystery I had the answer to.

As for DRRP2… basically more of the same. Though I contributed a bit more to the design process- mostly helping to set up the rules- I would say that my favorite part has still been responding to people’s actions and playing aroudn in the spoiler tags- I think on some level I just really like helping people, and that kind of plays a part in that. I am excited for when we get a mystery in DRRP2 though, since that’ll be like TGDK, likely only better because there’ll be more players trying to solve it for me to watch and observe.

Enigma: Ah, yes. I’m personally hoping for a seemingly impossible crime on that front. Haha. Now, speaking of RP’s, do you have any personal favorite RP’s? Any personal favorite characters of your own or someone elses?

NN: Let’s see here… well, a thing about me is that I don’t really like having favorites- everything has its own unique qualities and is often good/bad in its own unique way to some degree, so ranking often feels relatively unfair, since I feel like it’s putting a bunch of stuff on a scale that I shouldn’t be putting it on. I’ll give you a couple I like a good deal though.

Honestly, if I had to pick a favorite RP, it would probably be the original DR RP. I just put so much effort into that one, and everybody else clearly put in so much effort, that despite all its faults, it is just an RP I know I’ll always remember, and it is one that I definitely enjoyed being a part of. I suppose the other RP I would probably choose is PokeRP- It’s managed to be quite active and has plenty of interesting characters that I would love to interact with, with a quite effective wild pokemon/trainer battle system that allows for a lot of freestyle roleplaying, which can be quite fun. And I just like pokemon in general, so being able to play as a trainer is fun.

As far as characters are concerned… I really like Uezama from DR RP/JR. He always amuses me and is an interesting character with a good deal of depth to him- I’ve heard that things didn’t really go as planned when it came to character development, but he’s still definitely one of my favorite characters in DR RP. And in PokeRP, I really, really love Isis. She’s fantastically developed, always fun to read, and is just a great character written really really well in my opinion.

Enigma: WHAT!? Erwing’s not on that list!? That’s impossible! But, in all seriousness, I find it hard to disagree. Sleuth and Wolf are just such great writers. Speaking of which, do you see any stand-out/potential new rp characters? Since, Isis and Uezama have been around for a while, haven’t they?

NN: Yeah, they’ve both been around for at least a few months now. As for newer RP characters… well, I feel like the cast of DRRP2 is full of characters that are interesting and could become great. Out of the cast I would probably say that thus far I like Hazuki (GD’s character) and Katsurou (Alnar’s character) the best; they’ve both proven to be consistently entertaining and already seem to have a degree of depth to them. I haven’t really been paying attention to newcomers in other RPs, so I’m not sure exactly what to say on that front (on those that I have been reading, like Erwing, I don’t really have much of a formulated opinion yet, in all honesty)

Enigma: Aheheh… I find it’s better not to have an opinion on Erwing. But the DRRP2 cast really is showing promise. I quite like Teruko, myself.
------
Enigma: So, on a different note from RP’s, you’re rather prominent on xat, aren’t you? Thoughts on that?

NN: Well, like RPs, Xat is just kind of something I ended up really getting into that got started on a whim. Kwando basically suggested that I go on Xat sometime just to interact with the commuinty more, and then one day (I think it was in August) I just had some free time and decided to pop in and say hi… and then I just kind of became addicted, I guess.

Xat on a whole is just a fun place to be much of the time; there’s typically interesting conversations going on, you get to chat with interesting people, and it’s just a fun way to kill time while learning more about the other users on the site. I definitely feel like the time I spend there is typically well spent.

Enigma: Well said. It was also a major cause for the dwindle in interest in MotM’s though, so I still hate it. :T Even though, I AM on it most of my day…

------
Enigma: Speaking of that, how is a typical day in the life of NN like?

NN: Well… I live a pretty boring life, in all honesty. Most of my time is spent on the computer- either chatting with friends on Skype, chatting with people on Xat, or watching anime. I’ll then fit in time to do things like schoolwork, and go out for walks/jogs occassionally, but I’m not much of an outdoor person. I’ll also go out to movies every now and again, but I tend to prefer to wait and not have to pay to see them in the theater. Oh, and I’ll take a break from the computer and read books sometimes too. But overall.. nothing exciting. ^_^;

Enigma: Hey, at least you occasionally leave the house! That makes you far more active than I am. XP Speaking of anime, I’d like to hear more about that. How did you get into anime? And just what kind of anime do you like?

NN: Hmm… I got into anime when I was a young kid; the first anime I watched was either Sailor Moon or Pokemon- I don’t really remember. I saw them both when I was around five or six. Then I kind of drifted away from anime for a bit; I didn’t really have any motivation to find shows online (and that would have been much harder when I was, like, 9-10 than it is now), and there wasn’t much anime on TV.

Then, when I was around 13-14, I started watching Adult Swim. And my favorite shows were probably their anime offerings- Inuyasha, Paranoia Agent, Case Closed/Detective Conan, etc. And I got more interested in finding other shows like those, and exploring the medium a bit more. So I started looking around online, and finding more and more shows to watch. And eventually I just became a big fan of the medium as a whole.

As for favorite kinds/genres… I’m not particularly picky. I basically am willing to try everying, because I believe that almost everything at least has the possibility to be good, given the right writer/direction at the helm. If I had to pick genres I tend toward, they’d probably be sci-fi and mystery, though good mystery anime are kind of hard to find. ^_^;

Enigma: Yeah, I totally agree. Case Closed is a good example of a good mystery anime wearing down to a point where it becomes...well, not so good, in my opinion. Do you tend to find that most anime tend to weaken as time goes on? Any in particular you’d say subvert that?

NN: Hmm… I would say that there are definitely a lot of shows that have weaker second halves- Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes (which I actually just watched today) both really suffer from this problem, in my opinion. I’m not sure if it’s a general trend though; that’d be something I’d have to really look through my catalog of watched shows and kind of do a detailed analysis on how many shows fall apart and how many shows don’t. But if it is a common thing, I’d say that it’s likely because writing satisfactory endings to anime can be really hard. You essentially have to wrap all the plot points, character arcs, character relationships, etc. up in a satisfying way, and do all of it without it coming across as really cheap and unfufilling. So writers probably struggle when it comes to both building up to that and being able to actually properly end the shows, which makes the second chunk of the anime more lack-luster. That’s all speculation, though.

Enigma: Mmhm. Well, Chaos;Head was more an unfulfilling 3rd episode onwards than an unfulfilling second half. Ha ha.
------
Enigma:Now, I’d like to ask, what kinds of video games do you typically play?

NN: Hmm… I’ve never been too big on video games, and these days I’m even less so than I was, say, a couple years ago. But my favorite genre would probably be RPGs, and JRPGs in particular. Overall I just like the strategy required and the need for the ability to adapt to circumstances and think on your feet. I honestly feel like playing those kinds of games has improved me on that front. Also I feel that RPGs often tend to have more of a fully realized story than other genres, but that’s completely subjective and there are plenty of exceptions (Bioshock and Spec Ops: The Line being the first ones that come to mind).

Wait, are we counting Visual novels as games? If so, I tend towards either ones that are probably going to have a good deal of focus on the characters (which tend to be dating sims a good chunk of the time, but often aren’t; it all depends), or VNs with a mystery hook to them. But like with anime, good mystery VNs are...relatively difficult to locate-

Enigma: Ah, I see, I see. Would you happen to be able to reccomend any VN’s for us?

NN: Hmm… well, Tsukihime and Fate/stay night are both enjoyable VNs with a good plot and interesting characterization all around. Clannad is another good one- primarily for its well developed characters; the plot isn’t fantastic but it does its job. Honestly I would probably recommend a good chunk of what Nitroplus has done- Chaos;Head, Saya no Uta, Steins;Gate, etc. All good VNs. I didn’t really like the endings for either but it’s still worth playing Higurashi and Umineko at least once too; they’re enjoyable rides, all in all.

Enigma: But no RGD? You’ve made a Kwando very upset. Hahaha. Also, what is this Higurashi thing? I’ve never heard of it. :3
------
Enigma: But, being serious, let’s take a look at a VN that should be familiar to everyone on the site… Ace Attorney. What are your thoughts on that series? And what do you think of it’s latest installment with DD?

NN: On a whole, Ace Attorney has kind of been a mixed bag for me. I enjoyed the original game, though certain portions of it bugged me (the pacing on Case 5, for instance, was absolutely horrendous). I know that I’m basically the only one, but I enjoyed Justice for All a good deal- I thought that 2-2 and 2-4 were both quite good cases, even though they did have their flaws. Trials and Tributions was quite, quite good as well, although I don’t think I enjoyed it as much as some people did. I’m not positive why; I think it’s that I didn’t feel like Godot was as good a prosecutor as Manfred, Edgeworth, or even Franziska. So that hurt the game a bit. The cases were all good though, and it was definitely a fun game.

It kind of depends on what mood I’m in when it comes to my opinion on AJ. I did enjoy some of the cases, (4-1 was pretty good, and 4-2 wasn’t bad either) but others I simply either found deeply flawed (4-3) or felt just kind of ended up falling apart (4-4. It was SUCH A GOOD IDEA too.). So AJ is kind of a mixed bag for me.

DD… Well, I’ve ranted about DD on Xat before; I feel like the mysteries were all at least competent (The second and third cases having particularly solid mysteries), but I felt like the overlaying plot was relatively predictable and flawed, the added mechanics to need a good deal more polishing, and I just didn’t like Athena all that much. Which kind of ends up resulting in a work that I’m not terribly fond of.

So, just a quick tl;dr- I think that Ace Attorney can be a good series and has definitely had good games, but has slipped a bit; particularly with its latest installment. And I’m hoping that the next AA games can kind of recapture the quality of the earlier ones.
------
Enigma: Hmm… Very interesting. Now, here’s a question I asked Ferdie, and I plan to ask it for every MotM from now on. It’s kind of a strange one but… What’s your overall philosophy on/about life?

NN: Hmm… that’s a tricky one. I suppose my philosophy on life is that my job while alive is to maximize the happiness of both myself and the people around me; basically, anything I can do to help others and make their lives better I should do, while still doing all that I can to make this life as productive and satisfying for myself as possible. Basically, my goal is to both enjoy life and try to make it a better place before I die; a place where more and more people can be satisfied with the way their living, and hopefully leave a positive legacy for future generations.

Enigma: That’s a really nice philosophy to have! It’s similar to utilitarianism, isn’t it? Or am I confused with something else… Hm. Now, let’s see what else is on this “totally real and not made up” list of questions to ask…
------
Enigma: Ah! I know! How about, how did you get into the mystery genre as a whole?

NN: Hmmm. Like with anime, this kind of goes back to when I was a young kid. I used to love reading Agatha Christie. I would get as many of her books as possible, and read them all; often multiple times. I still have a good collection of her work on my bookshelves. I can’t really recall exactly what prompted me to expand to other writers- I think I just looked online for “good mysteries” after I eventually got bored of reading Christie, but was still interested in the genre. And that lead me to reading books by Queen, van Dine, some of Carr, etc. Basically, it was just me finding one author I really liked and then jumping off from there to other ones that I found out about. Nothing particularly exciting, I’m afraid.

Enigma: Haha. I have a similar story, though I was more of a Doyle fan myself. Now… Would you mind if I asked you two questions purely out of my own personal interest? Kind of… an Enigma picks section?

NN: Sure, go ahead.
------ENIGMA PICKS!------
Enigma: Alright, then! First… I have to ask, as you seem to be someone against the growing trend of grimdark nihilsm and such… Just what prompted your nickname to be Nihilistic Ninja? How did that username come about?

NN: Now that is a great question… and I kind of wish I really remembered the answer myself. I came up with the name when I was like… 10 or so? I think it was just one that I thought was memorable and catchy, and ran with it for a while; it becoming the penhandle for pretty much all the sites I visited. I also did used to be a far darker person than I am now, so that may have played in a role in it. Who knows?

Enigma: I see, I see. It probably helped that it has Added Alliterative Appeal, right? Now, for my next, and probably final question… You’re probably one of the only people I’ve seen who will make legit theories about a crackfic! Can you give us a little about that?

NN: Oh, I think I remember what you mean; it was that crackfic you made like, a year back, right? Well, it’s probably a combination of really not having much better to do and really enjoying trying to solve puzzles. So basically any puzzle that I can find I’ll at least take a stab at, even if the material isn’t meant to be taken all that seriously. (Which, of course, means that I’m wrong more often than not, but it’s still fun to try and predict what’ll happen regardless.)

Enigma: An avid puzzle/mystery solver. Well, you certainly are a fitting member of this site, then. Haha.
------
Enigma: Well, that is all we have time for. A big thank you for doing this interview, NN. Do you have anything you’d like to say before we sign off?

NN: Nothing in particular. I’d just like to say that, again, I’m honored to be chosen, and to everybody reading, I hope that my answers were at least interesting to you. ^_^;

Enigma: Alright, well, that’s all we have time for today! Thank you to everyone reading, as well. We’ll be back next month with a new MotM. And by next month I mean “sometime next month I guess” judging from the delays. Welp. Good day everyone! Have a wonderful time of day!

NN: Bye all. Have a good day/night/whatever.

---MotM April 2014: Fin---

So, that was our second installment of the community run/season 3 of Member of the Month. I hope you enjoyed it. As you may have noticed, we've tweaked the format a bit since our "pilot" so that it's more aesthetically pleasing and fits in with the suggestions that were made. Also, you may have noticed that I was the one running this interview again. Dave has decided that he wouldn't be running the interviews due to his own reasons. In any case, feel free to ask questions for our MotM or leave feedback and thoughts on the current season so we can better improve your experience. Also, all credit for the magical girl Rika image at the top of the page goes to this person and credit for... transparenting it or something(?) goes to AzusaCaky on deviantart. Thank you for your time.
~The New MotM Team
Last edited by enigma on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mercurialSK
Spoken languages: English

Re: MotM April 2014: Nihilistic Ninja

Post by mercurialSK »

Congrats. It's ask questions time now, I guess?

1: Who are your favourite Ace Attorney character(s)?

2: Do you think Detective Conan is ever going to end and/or do you have any bets on when? (Since File 900 is about two months away...) Maybe this question should be "Do you even still follow those old anime you listed any more?".

...I always thought that the reason most anime don't go so well over time was because it's all basically made by a huge team of people and not everyone has the same vision.

5 (since that first question was really three questions and an afterthought lol): Are ninjas still cool?

(Also, to enigma: would you mind crediting that image to here? Because I highly doubt AzusaCaky used that art with permission...)
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Gratz NN~

Who I totally didn't know was going to be MotM

Time for some really random questions.

1. Fave Umineko ep?
2. Fave episode of Nanoha A's?
3. Fave flavour of ice cream?
4. If you had to appear on a game show, which game show would you appear on?
5. Fave Pokémon?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

shame
Ami

Post by Ami »

Stickied~ <3
since 2008!
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

mercurialSK wrote:Congrats. It's ask questions time now, I guess?

1: Who are your favourite Ace Attorney character(s)?
Favorite AA characters... hm. I have a soft-spot for Franziska von Karma and Adrian Andrews, but I also do really like Edgeworth, Gumshoe, and most of the regular protagonists. I'm not sure that I could pick out a particular favorite.
mercurialSK wrote:2: Do you think Detective Conan is ever going to end and/or do you have any bets on when? (Since File 900 is about two months away...) Maybe this question should be "Do you even still follow those old anime you listed any more?".
Well.. DC will end... eventually. I have absolutely no idea when that'll be, sadly. Hopefully soon; like, File 1000 at the latest. I was able to keep up and finish all the series I listed except Detective Conan because... well... that show is just crazy long and it's impossible to keep up with it.
mercurialSK wrote:...I always thought that the reason most anime don't go so well over time was because it's all basically made by a huge team of people and not everyone has the same vision.
]

That's quite probably a factor too. Why a particular anime fails is probably totally dependent upon the product itself, and the time/effort/manpower spent into making it. It's really a pretty complicated issue that isn't going to have one clear answer.
mercurialSK wrote:5 (since that first question was really three questions and an afterthought lol): Are ninjas still cool?
I like to think so. I still like them, at any rate.
kwando1313 wrote: 1. Fave Umineko ep?
Probably 5. I feel like it did the best job playing around with the subjective perspective, while still not making it feel like "LOL ANYTHING GOES". The mystery was relatively interesting, and the ending (though deus-ex-machina-ish) was quite entertaining, at least.
kwando1313 wrote:2. Fave episode of Nanoha A's?
Episode 11. Everything in that episode is well-handled: the character development, the plot, the character conflict, and the way that everything gets resolved is heart-warming and is just written really really well.
kwando1313 wrote:3. Fave flavour of ice cream?
Strawberry.
kwando1313 wrote:4. If you had to appear on a game show, which game show would you appear on?
Hmm... that's a tough one. Probably Price is Right; that show seems like a lot of fun, even if my chance of even really getting to participate is just approximately 25%.
kwando1313 wrote:5. Fave Pokémon?
Probably Scizor. SCIZOR.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Congrats, NN. It's been a long time coming. I think. Iunno.

1. Why
NihilisticNinja

Thanks for the congrats everybody. (Especially you BP.)

1. Because.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Something I forgot to ask earlier...

Fave Nanoha character?
Fave Nanoha character other than Fate or Hayate?
Fave month of the year?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Itashi
Spoken languages: English, 简体华文.

Post by Itashi »

Congratulations! *pops champagne*

1) Do you like coffee? If yes, what flavour or type? If no, why?

2) What is your thought process when tackling mysteries?

3) What secrets are you hiding from the world?

4) Why do humans exist?

5) Favourite animal?

6) Favourite book?

7) Favourite quote?

Kagura (Gintama) av by Gin-Uzumaki.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Congratulations!
Do you watch Doctor Who?

If so, favorite Doctor? Favorite episode?
The Final but not so ending chapter.
NihilisticNinja

kwando1313 wrote:Something I forgot to ask earlier...

Fave Nanoha character?
Fate, probably. I could go into why but I'm slightly tired and it would be a long post.
kwando1313 wrote:Fave Nanoha character other than Fate or Hayate?
Hmmm... Chrono or Vita, I suppose.
kwando1313 wrote:Fave month of the year?
December.
Itashi wrote: 1) Do you like coffee? If yes, what flavour or type? If no, why?
I do like coffee, actually! I'm not sure I have a particular favorite flavor; I'll drink pretty much anything. My college has a french vanilla blend that's quite good, I suppose.
Itashi wrote:2) What is your thought process when tackling mysteries?
Hm. I'm a bit tired and to break that down would probably take a while, but I'd say that two main principles I try to uphold are to keep as many little details in mind as possible, and keep track of how they fit within the context of the story. If there are little niggling details that don't seem to work or stick out, then that's probably a clue. The second main thing is to never take things for granted; sure, that person might seem to have a perfect alibi, or that person might seem to have been attacked by the killer, but until you have certain proof, you shouldn't dismiss suspects based on... well... anything.
Itashi wrote:3) What secrets are you hiding from the world?
If I told you guys, I wouldn't be hiding them from the world anymore, now would I? :P
Itashi wrote:4) Why do humans exist?
Human beings exist because natural processes allow us to exist. I don't believe in anything all that much deeper than that. (I mean I could go into exactly what allowed for us to thrive and live this long, but I don't think that's really what you're asking)
Itashi wrote:5) Favourite animal?
Don't really have one. I like tigers, I suppose?
Itashi wrote:6) Favourite book?
Hmm... Again, don't really have one. I don't do favorites. But if I were forced to pick something... 1984 would be one of the first books that came to mind (although in that same vein Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World are great reads as well), The Hollow Man would definitely be one of my favorite mystery novels, and a bunch of my other favorites would be non-fiction science texts and philosophical dialogues. (Dawkin's "The Selfish Gene" is quite a compelling read, for instance.)
Itashi wrote:7) Favourite quote?
Hmm... again, I don't really do favorites. But here's a quote that I kind of like:

"If the world outside is void of hope, and if despair is contagious, then I'll just have to infect everyone with my hope. Living in despair really isn't living at all."- [Spoilers, sort of] Dangan Ronpa
Detective Luke Atmey wrote: Do you watch Doctor Who?
I used to watch Dr. Who. I've kind of drifted away from it- I don't think that there's anything wrong with it- Moffat is still the main writer, I believe, and I still adore Sherlock- I just... found a whole bunch of other things that I felt like watching, and Dr. Who just kind of slipped to the bottom of the list.

I think the last season I watched was the first one with 11.
Detective Luke Atmey wrote:If so, favorite Doctor? Favorite episode?
Ten, no question. From what I've seen of the classic doctors, the Fourth would be a close second.

And "Blink" will always be my favorite Dr. Who episode. Always.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Favorite shame?
NihilisticNinja

Bad Player wrote:Favorite shame?
I don't get it what does that even mean. :(
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

NihilisticNinja wrote:
Bad Player wrote:Favorite shame?
I don't get it what does that even mean. :(
Shame.

oh congrats btw
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.