Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 6

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Anime Exchange Roulette! ROUND 6

Post by gotMLK7 »

-Moved from Anime and Manga Thread
The rules on the other forum have been "we'll trade any rewatches or reroll until it works". It basically comes down to "we'll make it work". Unless you've seen like every anime we can think of I'll try to get everyone seeing something new. And yes, Kwando.

Sounds like people are interested enough, so let's go for it!

ANIME EXCHANGE ROULETTE RULES
-No anime longer than 30 episodes.
-No extensive gore or sexual content; a few fanservicey or gorey scenes are fine, but if it's a recurring theme, it won't be accepted. Shows like Berserk and Elfen Lied may be good, but you'll have to watch them on your own time.
-You will recommend one anime to be entered into the draw. Those anime will be shuffled amongst anyone who made a suggestion.
-If you receive a show you've seen, notify me and we'll try to reorganize what we can; worst case scenario, the suggestor gives you a replacement.
-Sign-ups until July July 5th, 11:59 PM PST (That's midnight on Sunday in my time).
-It's not a strict rule unless we decide to do this again, but try to have the show watched in a month, ie by August 5th, 2016.
-Try to suggest anime you don't think people will have already seen!
-Try not to suggest anime that you know people will hate because this ain't Russian Roulette. If they don't like a show you do that's all fine, but yeah don't intentionally throw in some mines there. It's subjective but I'm gonna trust you guys on this one.
-Please don't suggest shows with very short run-times per episode; short series are fine but shows with 3 minute episodes add up to abut 30 minutes of watching usually which isn't particularly helpful for people signing up for new interesting shows to watch. Episodes should be around average episode length of 20 minutes.

So with that out of the way, you may begin sign-ups. I will be recommending Love, Chuunibyo, and Other Delusions.

-Credit for this idea goes to Applebane from the Chaos Theater, btw.

Current Picks:
-Love, Chuunibyo, and Other Delusions (gotMLK7)
-Haikyuu! S1 (GuardianDreamer)
-The Tatami Galaxy (Dave)
-Toradora (kwando1313)
-Girls und Panzer (NihilisticNinja_
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Anime & Manga

Post by kwando1313 »

the duck/アガサ·クリスティーの名探偵ポワロとマープル

I'll join in, and I'll recommend Gakkou-Gurashi! AKA School-Live!. (Gee, what a surprise.)

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Trybien
Spoken languages: English

Post by Trybien »

Unless its frowned upon to recommend a single season, I'm in with Phi Brain: Kami No Puzzle 1.
Last edited by Trybien on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Cool.
Parasyte.

Let's go with Ergo Proxy instead.
Last edited by Reverie on Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Also, I think it might be a good idea (once all the anime have been submitted) to have everyone list which of the listed anime they've watched - that way, got can know upon rouletting if he needs to re-randomize it or not.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

What kwando said.

I'll include Parasyte as it seems to...baaaarely make the threshold, I feel, though I'll tack on a body horror note so if you aren't cool with that stuff you can clarify and I won't let you have the show.

Editing series listed into the original rules post (I'll do the new ones later when I'm not posting from a phone). Btw, do you want to keep this in his thread or move it to its own?
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

gotMLK7 wrote:body horror note robot
This is my new favourite phrase.

As for it being in a new thread... If we have enough people, I'd say that's a good idea.

Reverie

Post by Reverie »

A new thread might make for less clutter, and make the conversation easier to follow without the irrelevant posts.

I'll look for another show in the meantime if it helps, it seems better if people don't have to opt out of some picks.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

I agree that a new thread is likely for the best. Besides, it might help draw attention from those who do not peruse this thread.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
gotMLK7

Re: Anime Exchange Roulette!

Post by gotMLK7 »

Thanks to whoever moved posts for me! OP updated with the relevant anime.

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Dangit... I just Realised 90% of the anime I'd consider good enough to reccomend is too gored or contains... Well, not any running sexual themes but it has 1 or 2 pretty heavy sexual parts...

Dammit. Gonna have to sit this one out.

(Don't see why people couldn't just opt for a "gore/violence upsets me" option, and the rest could go free for all, tho...)
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

I'll join in!

I'll recommend Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi (World's Greatest First Love).
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Gore I'm a liiiittle willing to be easy on, like the worst I'd probably allow is like...Baccano!, maybe, which in fairness is pretty brutal at times. Excessive gore in this case is like...the visible guts hanging everywhere kinda stuff. Violence is fine as long as it doesn't get into just straight up mutilation.

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

I join, recommending Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

I'll join, my recommendation being Death Parade.
The Final but not so ending chapter.