Official AAO Competition - Halloween [WINNER!]

Compete with other members to create the best art following a given theme.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

.Saboteur
Spoken languages: English

Re: Official AAO Competition - Halloween [VOTING TIME]

Post by .Saboteur »

Sort of a tough decision, but 1 and 14.
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

I vote for 17 and 27.

Oh, and there's a hit list?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Apparently, enigma had a hit list. :XD:
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Just for that, Tengy,Jeego AND Shelly will be paying you a little visit, Mr Revolution. Had, pah, Has.
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I don't think you're in any position to send any assassins, enigma. :cute:
Vanixa

Post by Vanixa »

I liked entries 14, 17, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 27, and 31.
Considering buying myself a life on Craiglist, but having a hard time deciding because all of them is such a major improvement.
~Noah TDWT

Co-Writer and betatester for E.D.Revolution's "Mia Fey: Ace Spirit Attorney"
domohachi

Post by domohachi »

wow. there’s a lot of entries for this comp. so many to choose from and only two that i can vote for… where do i start…
Spoiler : my thoughts on the sprites :
  • entry 1 is very clever. i got a good laugh out of it. very witty
  • i felt that entries 2-4 were major cop-outs. there’s frankenspriting. and then there’s transforming. i felt that those three entries weren’t transformed into something for halloween.
  • i like entry 5. definitely screaming halloween. though I think the vest should’ve been a different color, like say, ruby? overall, very good.
  • entry 7 reminds me of pajama jeans for some reason. :/
  • i can see the concept for number 8. it’s okay, but not the cleanest sprite I’ve seen.
  • i’ve seen a better one on cr for entry 9. (or was it somewhere else?)
  • Entry 10… i just simply felt that it was just lazy… same with 11.
  • this was a refreshing change. though it looks less like an aa-sprite, I can see somewhat where this one was getting at… what’s that brown blotch at the side?
  • i’ve actually seen much better versions of 13 and 19.
  • i LOVE entry 14. now that’s a sprite that’s fit for halloween. a zombie. though, it’s a very good sprite, a lot of it seems unnatural, mainly the dirt and blood.
  • mj, eh? It’s a nice tribute. the face could use a bit of work to look more like the king of pop. the sash did nothing for me, and the sparkles are distracting. i wish someone would animate this sprite. still a good sprite for its concept.
  • ah, robin. it’s a very nice concept. the p could use fixing. the base should’ve been different given how much physique robin usually has.
  • number 17… this one just plainly creeps me out in a good way. i wonder why mia would cosplay as dahlia. extreme spite? i can understand that’s a hard sprite to do, especially that you’d actually have to strip her down to get it right. (excuse me for that.) it’s missing the umbrella and shawl, though it’s hard to get them right. oh wait, i see the shawl; it’s on her neck. very clever. :XD:
  • 18… slenderman… don’t know what to say about it.
  • number 19, i’ve seen a better version. to me, it feels incomplete. this had the potential to be the best joker sprite :|
  • number 20 is a bit lazy, but not as lazy as the first three. i can see the concept, but i think that necklace looks a bit messy. that alpha shawl on her arms doesn’t quite work.
  • entry 21 is a good sprite. one of the better dahlia sprites. i like how the actual color of the dress and parasol was changed. the hair could use a bit of work. the wings and the harp do look a bit unnatural. i still like this sprite as a halloween sprite.
  • if i had to choose between 22 and 23, then i say number 23 wins hands down. what 23 lacked in material (wings and tail) it definitely made up for in portrayal of a devil. it screams devil and halloween more than 22.
  • number 24 creeps me out and not in a good way. the concept… i thought it was a bit lazy.
  • number 25 is one of those sprites that definitely screams halloween. i like the petrification of the sprite. i’ve never seen anyone do a petrified sprite, so nice job. what I didn’t like was the actual costume. it didn’t work for me.
  • if nightmare was a person, then i would be seeing entry 26 everywhere. this is the quintessential nightmare. iris turned bad, and has the dark side come out. (and that’s not dahlia :calisto: ). i love the rip effects. very lovely. and she’s the color of stone with those piercing eyes. nice!
  • i had to do a double take on entry 27. then i realized who he was trying to be: kazuya mishima. that is the first tekken sprite I’ve ever seen done aa-style EVER. I have never seen a tekken sprite on cr either. this guy went nuts with it. i appreciate that he went with the devil route. purple skin, third eye, red eyes. and he combined it with his 2P costume. that’s a good compilation sprite. this kazuya is definitely missing some main details, mainly the bowling pin gloves, the horns, and the wings. i’ll give him a pass for missing the details because those gloves are hard to do with that sprite. the horns are also hard to do right (I’m thinking of Tekken 2). and the wings are also hard to do right, since they’re enlarge bat wings. definitely a shining example of a halloween sprite.
  • to be honest, i really didn’t like 28. i’ve heard too many hugh jackman/wolverine jokes related to lang. it’s very poor quality, and i felt that route was way too obvious.
  • number 30… i’ve seen the nostalgia critic. that’s a pretty good representation of him. not the most creative, but definitely one of the cleanest sprites in this comp.
  • number 31. I can’t tell if that’s jeego or tengo. man, I forgot what’s the difference between the two in gt (sprite-wise). it’s a very nice rendition.
out of all of the sprites, i have to vote 17 for the skill and clever wit and 27 for being the type of sprite i’ve NEVER seen before. and they both fit the theme, in my opinion.
Rawr!
Epik
Spoken languages: English, Polish, German, Latin

Post by Epik »

5 and 26
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Domohachi wrote:number 31. I can’t tell if that’s jeego or tengo. man, I forgot what’s the difference between the two in gt (sprite-wise). it’s a very nice rendition.
It's Tengo. Tengo wears glasses while nearsighted Jeego never bought any. :calisto: Anyway, It's really nice that you commented on all the works even if you didn't vote for them. :wink:
hershel_layton
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by hershel_layton »

26 and 14 got my vote.
100% Certified Dersh
Klonda

Post by Klonda »

26 and 27!
Wordy

Re: Official AAO Competition - Halloween

Post by Wordy »

All right! Voting time has ended! Time to tally up everything...

EDIT: And done! So many sprites, so much positioning and labelling... I am fine with not hosting another competition again. Though at least I got to make Trucy wearing Apollo's clothes out of this. I had wanted to make that sprite for forever.
.Saboteur

Re: Official AAO Competition - Halloween [WINNER!]

Post by .Saboteur »

Congrats, E.D.! You had a stellar entry. :)

Congrats to everybody who participated and put in great entries, too... I honestly can't believe that my horrible MJ sprite got even one vote o_O
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

YAY FIFTH PLACE!

And congrats, E.D. NOW HURRY AND POST THE NEW ONE!!!
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Thursday
Spoken languages: English, Tagalog, Some French

Post by Thursday »

Congrats, E.D! :D
(Third place ain't bad :wink: )

Have any ideas for the next one?

Day 2 - Trial COMPLETE and Playable now!