[Suggestion][P] Only Display the "edited trial" Warning Once

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Reverie
Spoken languages: English

[Suggestion][P] Only Display the "edited trial" Warning Once

Post by Reverie »

If a trial is edited and the player tries to access a save file from before that edit, a warning pops up saying "This trial has been edited since you saved your game. This might result in an inconsistent game." Clicking the "prevent the page from creating additional dialogues" box causes the tab to reload if another save is clicked.
Would it be possible for this warning to only display the first time the player goes onto the trial and tries to access a save file? It would make finding the right save much easier.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [Suggestion][P] Only Display the "edited trial" Warning

Post by Enthalpy »

I tried this, and I don't even see a box to select "prevent the page from creating additional dialogues" anymore. Do you still see it?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Enthalpy wrote:I tried this, and I don't even see a box to select "prevent the page from creating additional dialogues" anymore. Do you still see it?
Sorry to ask, but do you mean the message as a whole, or just the tick-able box that lets you select whether to prevent the page from creating additional dialogues?
I can still see both, though:
The message without the check-able box still appears when trying to access a save from before the trial was edited. On the second time it appears (and any time afterwards,) it then includes a box that lets you prevent the page from creating additional dialogues. That actually crashes the browser if you tick it and try to access a save where the player wants to display the message again.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I meant tickable box. I can see it now, thanks to your instructions.

Crash the browser? I'm getting that it reloads the browser, per your original report.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

...Well, it did crash it on the day I said that. Three times, which is usually enough to say "this is reproducable..."
After rebooting, it's just refreshed the page as previously reported. I'll post back here if it crashees again.