[Bug][M] View Private Disappears

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

[Bug][M] View Private Disappears

Post by Enthalpy »

If I'm searching trials on v6, have "display private trials" enabled, and then add an additional search parameter, "display private trials" disappears from the URL of the next search page, but it does not return to the list of search parameters I can select.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updating original report.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [Bug][M] View Private Disappears

Post by Unas »

Enthalpy wrote:If I'm searching trials on v6, have "display private trials" enabled, and then add an additional search parameter, "display private trials" disappears from the URL of the next search page, but it does not return to the list of search parameters I can select.
Are you sure about this last part ?

It's true that this option is disabled when you add or edit a criteria - I should fix that.
But whenever the option is disabled, the button to enable it is displayed again, as far as I can tell.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I can't reproduce it now. Maybe I missaw it? I'll strike that from the original post and let you know if I can reproduce it later.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Something possibly related...

Whenever I run a search using show_private and [authorOrCollabsId-has], show_private appears in the editor, but doesn't apply to the returned trials. show_private and [authorName-contains] do not have this problem.