[Bug][E][✓] Text in previews appears twice

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

[Bug][E][✓] Text in previews appears twice

Post by GanonZD »

I've found a bug that causes the preview text in the screen editor to be displayed twice. It can be reproduced this way:
  • Create two frames, then merge them.
  • Add a speaking character, visible on the screen while talking.
  • Write some text in the text field.
  • Now open the screen editor. The text is then displayed twice.
Also, there is another bug related to the screen editor: If you add a frame and write something (but without choosing a talking character), then the preview text in the screen editor appears instantly. No typing sounds, nothing.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Re: [Bug][E] Text in previews appears twice

Post by Meph »

I've come across this bug as well, but I've never understood why it happens.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

GanonZD wrote:Also, there is another bug related to the screen editor: If you add a frame and write something (but without choosing a talking character), then the preview text in the screen editor appears instantly. No typing sounds, nothing.
Actually, that's what's meant to happen for all frames.
I thought having the animation, and more importantly the sound, play each time you opened the screen editor was annoying, so I switched it to instant typing mode.

As for the text displayed twice, it's definitely a bug, I'll have a look at this.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

Unas wrote:Actually, that's what's meant to happen for all frames.
I thought having the animation, and more importantly the sound, play each time you opened the screen editor was annoying, so I switched it to instant typing mode.

As for the text displayed twice, it's definitely a bug, I'll have a look at this.
This is entirely subjective, but I actually liked it the way it was. Most importantly it was easy to judge how long pauses and typing times were. You rarely have to open the same screen editor more than once, so to me, it's not annoying at all. But I do understand what you mean. :-)

But anyway, if it's not meant to happen, I hereby report that it does happen. :-)
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [Bug][E][✓] Text in previews appears twice

Post by Enthalpy »

I wish I had known about this topic earlier.

It may have taken four years, but I have this fixed on my local machine! I'll have the fix uploaded to the open-source version today.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson