[Project] Glitch Hunt

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [Project] Glitch Hunt

Post by Unas »

You're forgetting something though : you miss the "//Definition//Def6" line at the beginning of the file. You need to add this before the actual JSON, so that the engine knows it has to decode a V6 file. If you forget this header, it will attempt to decode as an AAO V1 file (and fail, of course)... Ah, the days of my youth, like the scent of fresh lemon, you see !
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Ferdielance
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ferdielance »

Thanks! Just fixed it! I've been adding that in manually so often that I forgot that other people wouldn't.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
A.A. Noire

Post by A.A. Noire »

This is a suggestion that Unas has also said positive stuff about (see his reply on the next page).
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm not going to add that to the list at this time. While Unas has said positive things about it, he has said he does not have plans to add it until v6.1. There are other, much higher priorities fixes to apply. When the load of features to add has trimmed down, please bring this to my attention again, and I'll add it. Alternately, if there are 3 or 4 things that Unas has said he'll add in version 6.1, present them to me and I'll add them in their own section.

ED's recent find has been added to the list of glitches under "Investigation Corruption." "Selective Custom Music Failure" glitch is confirmed fixed and has been removed. "Activate Loop Timer" feedback has been implemented and has been removed.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
A.A. Noire

Post by A.A. Noire »

Actually, you have misread the conversation :-) . The only thing that Unas has said about separating public and private releases is
Unas wrote:True, I understand that. Well, I'll keep that idea in mind when I design the V6 manager (which is the part of AAO that manages your different files and stuff), but for the moment I'm focusing on the player and editor ;-)
This sounds a lot like something that could potentially be a part of V6. That thing about V6.1 was about AAI logic, which was a simultaneous (actually, the primary) conversation topic in that thread. ;-)
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Added, along with bugs on Double Sprite, Start-Up/Animation Delay, and Pop-Ups Not Disappearing On Time.

The Virtual Turnabout has been tested.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

Any particular reason why the poster of the Glitch Hunt contains two bugs, and yet it is not called the Bug Hunt? :-P

Sorry for being pedantic. :-)
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

If you could show me how you could make an easily recognizable physical manifestation of the general idea of a glitch, then please inform me. Until you do, bugs seem the best representation.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

I think he's saying you missed the chance for a clever pun there :P

Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Glitch Hunt is a better pun, but only provided that Enthalpy gets the custom title of "Glitchfinder General" when this is over.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Enthalpy wrote:If you could show me how you could make an easily recognizable physical manifestation of the general idea of a glitch, then please inform me.
There is one.
(From the awesome game Metal Arms : Glitch in the System, if you didn't recognise him :-D)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
GanonZD

Post by GanonZD »

I think we found ourselves a new logo. :-P
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

There's also a certain character from Wreck-It Ralph that might be effective.
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Metal Arms? Never heard of it.

Back on topic, the OP has been updated.

Greyscale Mode Feedback added.
Action Overview Feedback added.
Character Transitions Feedback added.
Make Playback More Obvious Feeback added.
Default Smooth Scrolling Feedback added.
Undefined Evidence Behavior Feedback added.
Sounder Hover Error Bug added.
Music Button Error Bug added.

Most importantly, please go to this page. The editor is in the middle of major changes, and every report on how it affects you helps. Give us your input and help us get past this roadblock on the editor changes so that we can start seeing more of these other bugs wiped out.
GanonZD

Post by GanonZD »

Seeing that the "save scrolling position" feedback has now been implemented, perhaps we should cross it out/remove it from the list?
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.