AAO music database revamp task force - volunteers ?

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Kyon
Spoken languages: English, Polish, Japanese

Re: AAO music database revamp task force - volunteers ?

Post by Kyon »

Afaik, the remakes use tracks from the Wii version (the entire soundtrack is called Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box) which uses more realistic instruments which don't necessarily work, but, again, that's my opinion.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Kyon wrote:Afaik, the remakes use tracks from the Wii version (the entire soundtrack is called Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box)
Yes, this is the one I was talking about.

Well, what's sure is that I won't make both versions available, they are not different enough to justify that.
So there is a choice to make : either the DS versions or the HD versions.

As far as I'm concerned, I think the HD ones are slightly superior overall, which is why I wanted to use them.
Actually, I remember the same kind of discussions on another forum when the AA3 DS soundtrack was first released, with people complaining that some themes sounded better in the GBA version... yet there's hardly anyone complaining now. It think it's more a matter of getting used to it.

That being said, it's not that big a difference, so if people actually prefer the older ones I won't force it. It would be good to have the opinion of people then.

Or, there is another peossibility : I leave it up to the volunteers. The people who contribute get to decide which version they pick for each track. They are not that different so they could probably be all mixed - the only constraint being that volume be adjusted between all tracks to match.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
darkroams4
Spoken languages: English

Post by darkroams4 »

I wonder...
if you still need volunteers?
I want to help, time isn't trouble for me.
A man today, a useless corpse tomorrow. that's the Godot curse.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Sure - we haven't started work already.
I'll add you to the list :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

If this helps, under the link below is the complete collection of GS1-5, GK1-2 and PLvsGS soundtracks.
The original trilogy music is under "Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box", which is pretty much the highest quality music from the first three games available to the public, soo... :wink: Oh, I see it was mentioned before here, hm? Then, yeah, I support implementing these HD tracks.
I also tossed in a few extras, like GS4 or GK1-2 Pursuit Variations or Mason System music, which were omitted a bit in the soundtrack albums.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/490 ... tracks.rar

I assume looping will take just noting the exact loop starting and ending time, with AAOv6? If yes, then I'll get to that soon, too.
And here I wanted to release a trial using these and surprise everyone with the quality of the original music from the games... Ehh, a shame, really. :)

Edit: I updated the link: now it includes PLvsGS soundtracks. Next step on these should include attempts to fix the English Turnabout music, so that they sound properly as a standalone tracks... which might be quite tricky, actually.
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

Did you download the .rar archive already? ^^ 'Cause I keep updating it with the names that are coming up during the track re-translation project and I actually would like it if AAO had the final version of this tracklist, hahah...