[Feedback][P] Flash after changing screen, not before

All discussions regarding the AAOv6 Beta, be it bug reports or suggestions, should be posted in this section.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

ThePaSch
Spoken languages: English, German (native)

[Feedback][P] Flash after changing screen, not before

Post by ThePaSch »

Currently, when confronted with a [#f] tag in a frame that has a character and background set, the Trial Player first changes the character pose and background and then flashes. This looks awkward when trying to do flashbacks that change the background and character on screen from one frame to another.

Is this intended behavior? It happens on a trial that was converted from V5.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [Feedback][P] Flash after changing screen, not before

Post by Unas »

Can you give me a precise example where it happens ? I'm not sure I see what the problem is :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

I think I know what you're talking about. Compare this ot this. Notice the rather awkward effect that the flash is after the scene has changed.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Are the current fades acceptable? There have been some changes to how fades work from the time this question was proposed, but there are still some differences between fades in v5 and v6.

I'm curious which you like better, if you even notice a difference.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
GanonZD
Spoken languages: English, Danish, German, a tiny bit French

Post by GanonZD »

I would say it varies from time to time I play it; sometimes it's okay, sometimes the flash is a bit late, but it's really minor.

Another thing: About 30 % of the times I play my old test trial, Glum appears on the Defence Bench. Does anyone else get this bug, too? I did clear my cache, and I'm using Chrome.
Ganon er kommt zum Dorf.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

...We don't talk about that bug.

In all seriousness, it's a problem with the Chrome browser, and there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it, though there are a few last things we can try. But now we're veering off-topic.

If it's that minor, then I won't bother migrating this to the issue tracker, unless you see otherwise.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson