Getting Started with AAO V6

Get started with the upcoming AAO version 6.

Modérateur: EN - Forum Moderators

Re: Getting Started with AAO V6 

Message par drvonkitty » Ven Jan 11, 2019 3:40 am

Well, "next few days" became next few months, but I've finally finished the revamp of this guide. Let me know if you notice any issues, or if there's anything that should be added.

I'm still pondering doing an updated version of Hodou Okappa's trial writing guide, so if anyone has ideas for that or is interested in helping out, feel free to shoot me a PM.

drvonkitty

Message(s) : 419
Genre: Masculin
Langues parlées: English

Message par Enthalpy » Lun Jan 14, 2019 3:28 am

The revamp is great! I find it a lot clearer now that the jokes are cut back.

One pedantic correction: The bold line in metadata is technically incorrect. Game admins can see non-private trials in English, due to the way database permissions are set. In the English section, "Game admins" means Unas and the trial reviewers.

This reminds me that there was a tutorial I was writing in 2015, Fey and Wright's Elements of Style, about Ace Attorney conventions. I should finally finish and publish that. When that's done, I'll send you a PM about ideas for updating Hodou's guide.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson

Current AAO Development Priority: Issue #94: Grayscale Mode
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Message(s) : 4488
Langues parlées: English, limited Spanish

Message par drvonkitty » Lun Jan 14, 2019 4:31 am

Agreed. It was long overdue, especially since I get the impression most of the new folks use this guide. I've updated it to reflect that minor change you noted.

The style guide looks good based on my cursory glance through it! I'll add a link in my helpful tips section.

drvonkitty

Message(s) : 419
Langues parlées: English

Précédent

Retour vers V6 Tutorials