How to Create a NEW Sequence in V6 (not how to finish one)

Get started with the upcoming AAO version 6.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Calvinball
Spoken languages: English

How to Create a NEW Sequence in V6 (not how to finish one)

Post by Calvinball »

So, you want to create a trial that requires more than one part, but you can't figure out why your browser does nothing when you click the "Create New Sequence" button? Well, you've come to the right place! In two easy steps, you'll have made your sequence at long, long last.

Step One: Create a new trial

What may not be immediately obvious to anyone new to AAO is that creating a new trial sequence requires there to already be an existing trial to put in it. In other words, you CANNOT create a trial sequence from scratch! You need ingredients!

So, let's say I'm making "Turnabout Example" and I want it to be multi-part. Well, the first step is to create the first part of the sequence.
Spoiler : Image inside :

Step Two: Create the sequence

Not the most surprising thing, is it? Now, create your trial sequence. Give it a title in the box that says "Title."

BUT, in the box that says "Sequence items" type in the name of the trial part you have created. The editor will begin to guess which of your independent trials you are adding to the sequence. This is the mistake that is often made at the start: attempting to create a sequence and insert a trial that does not yet exist. It causes blank browser windows and significant confusion, but now it won't happen to you!
Spoiler : Image inside :
(Do note: this was bad on my part, but in order to be 100% clear, the name of your sequence does not have to be identical to the name of your first trial part. That was simply an unwise decision on my part in creating the images for this tutorial.)

To finish, click the button that says "Create a new sequence" and you'll finally be ready to start work on your own trial sequence in AAO!

I hope this admittedly very simple and little tutorial saved you a little confusion. Thank you for reading! If there's anything I need to clarify, say so, and I'll reply and edit the OP accordingly.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Domyce432
Spoken languages: Italian, Decent English

Re: How to Create a NEW Sequence in V6 (not how to finish on

Post by Domyce432 »

If you could have writed this guide before... I wouldn't have trouble in figuring out how to create a sequence.
Btw, great guide for beginners.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over"
- Diego Armando.
Credit do Ceres/Mr. Incognito for designing the boxart template I used for my Boxart(s)!
Credit to everyone who supported me and my project!

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Yeah, I had trouble with it at first. I thought it was just me, but then I saw a post about it, so I decided to make this very brief tutorial so that one more thing could be made a little easier for everyone. I'm glad you think it works! ^-^
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
fanfreak247
Spoken languages: English, Limited Spanish, Patois/Patwa

Post by fanfreak247 »

Do you have to publish the trial (put it on trial series) in order for it to work? Because I'm still editing my trials and I want to put it in a sequence but it doesn't work.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Nope, I can add unreleased trials to a series just fine.

Are you seeing the name of the trial appear as you type in the first few characters? You need to click on the name that pops up for the "add this trial" operation to process.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Ise no Kami

Post by Ise no Kami »

Just a question about how sequences should be used: is it okay to have my sequence hold all parts of the entire four-case series I'm planning, or should each multi-part case be a separate sequence?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

There are plans to solve that problem, but unfortunately, they're a long ways off due to the inner workings of the v5 series structure.

For now, either one is "okay."
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Ise no Kami

Post by Ise no Kami »

Question about going from one part of a case to the next: if I have all the evidence and variables and stuff carry over to the next part, how does that affect the trial maker? Do I still have to remake all the evidence to make the editor work? Do I have to testplay all the parts in one set? How does this work?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

That has no effect on the editor, so you'll need to remake the evidence.

For that matter, evidence doesn't transfer, and for good reason. Using my own "Turnabout Proxy" as an example, I update one character's profile description, so he needs profile 6 and 7. He doesn't in part 2, but there's no convenient way to "tell" the editor that. Instead, I just manually set what needs to be hidden and what needs to be revealed.

You do not need to testplay all parts at once.

If you are in debug mode for one part and then finish it, you will also be in debug mode for the next part.
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

I'm trying to make a sequence, the trial I want to make a sequence out of doesn't work. But when I tried to put my other trials into a sequence, it worked just fine. What am I doing wrong?
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Can you explain more clearly what you are doing, and what's not working?
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

First, I named my sequence. Then I typed in my existing trial's title exactly as it is written. I pressed the new sequence button, and it took me to a page which said that I can't make a new sequence unless there is already an existing trial, which there is. When I do the same technique with other preexisting trials I've made, I don't get taken to this page and the sequence is made as normal.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to wait until the manager guessed my trial name in blue, and then clicked on that. It worked fine after that.
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
Tulipau
Spoken languages: Español, English, русский. Learning PT and FR.

Post by Tulipau »

Ise no Kami wrote:Just a question about how sequences should be used: is it okay to have my sequence hold all parts of the entire four-case series I'm planning, or should each multi-part case be a separate sequence?
I would love to read the answer to this one.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Enthalpy wrote:There are plans to solve that problem, but unfortunately, they're a long ways off due to the inner workings of the v5 series structure.

Tulipau
Spoken languages: Español, English, русский. Learning PT and FR.

Post by Tulipau »

Enthalpy wrote:
Enthalpy wrote:There are plans to solve that problem, but unfortunately, they're a long ways off due to the inner workings of the v5 series structure.

Quote the quote.
No changes with the V6?