Development news: AAO6 Player Preview 2 is out!

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Re: Development news: AAO6 Player Preview 2 is out!

Post by Broocevelt »

How is it "not really fair"? :U
You can still mess around with it. Unas has priorities though (as in handling the feedback along with real life), so waiting doesn't hurt.
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

This is a payback for your getting everything first all the time (joke), who knows, V6.1 might be announced to the spanish section first. :awesome: (joke)
ImageImage Image Image Image
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

Unas, I think you should make the English feedback forum anyway. Everyone will forget their feedback by the time you create the forum.

I could manage the forum for you and merge threads that are about the same suggestion. I could also make a sticky thread with a summary of all the feedback. You could then read it later.
Unas wrote:In fact, I was going to delay it for everyone again, but an important event in the French section encouraged me to give it to them earlier. :-)
I think "motivated you to actually make some progress" would be a better way of putting it. :awesome:
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Meph wrote:Unas, I think you should make the English feedback forum anyway. Everyone will forget their feedback by the time you create the forum.
Except that people aren't supposed to be testing it yet ><
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Meph

Post by Meph »

To be fair, you made the new forum very visible and you didn't add a warning for everyone else not to use it. :XD:

So are you sure you don't want to announce the English beta today? :)
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Meph wrote:Unas, I think you should make the English feedback forum anyway. Everyone will forget their feedback by the time you create the forum.
And that is exactly why Unas doesn't want people to play it now, but rather have them be patient for a couple days/weeks.

Seroiusly, what is wrong with that and so unfair?
Meph

Post by Meph »

I never said there was anything wrong with it or that it was unfair. But I can give a reason why it's unfair, if you want:
Spoiler : :
People already know about it, now, and there's nothing stopping them from going onto the AAO6 Editor and saving their trials (unless Unas adds a language restriction). It's hard for people to wait any longer when other people are already allowed to use it.
But I don't have a problem with the restriction. It's normal for developers to have private betas in order to sort out the main issues (I'm currently in a private beta for the new Xbox dashboard :P ).

Anyway, my point is that I don't mind managing the feedback forum until Unas is ready to respond to the feedback.

EDIT: Unas has added a language restriction in his most recent changeset, so it doesn't matter anymore. (It also means that I can't save trials even though I'm an admin, but never mind.) There's no need to worry about people forgetting their feedback. :)
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Thanks, Dan :-)

Meph, if I open the Beta to English people now but am unable to read, answer and react to feedback for days or perhaps weeks, the interest will die down again, like after each preview, and I'll be good to come back later with an announcement like "o hai, i fix'd all the stuff you reported weeks ago".
This is not how I want things to happen, okay ? I want to be able to follow feedback closely, work on bugs as they are signaled - in short, keep things moving so that everyone enjoys it better.
And I can't do this for many people simultaneously, when I'm at the same time searching for a flat to rent, preparing my first days at work, and so on.

Anyway, yes, now the matter is closed. Only French trials can be saved using the V6 beta for now. After all, people who haven't read and understood all the warnings I wrote in the French announcement aren't supposed to save given the important risks involved.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

However... you can change the language to French in v5, then save it in the v6 Editor, which is all in English anyway ^^"
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

You can, indeed. Then have fun, I don't care.
ImageImageImage
percey

Post by percey »

Unas wrote:After all, people who haven't read and understood all the warnings I wrote in the French announcement aren't supposed to save given the important risks involved.
Except I (and probably some others could have) used Google Translate so I could read the warnings but oh well.
There wasn't a signature fad/meme/whatever here, what are you talking about?
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

...Well... That pretty much ends tests for now. At least for people who don't speak French...
Kroki wrote:This is a payback for your getting everything first all the time (joke), who knows, V6.1 might be announced to the spanish section first. :awesome: (joke)
...But you know not all English speaking people are actually English, right? xd
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

Er, so what? @_@
ImageImage Image Image Image
Meph

Post by Meph »

Oh well. Anyway, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trying to add to your workload.
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

When beta will be available in English?