[T] Turnabout Curtain ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Re: [GK2][T][CE] Turnabout Curtain ○

Post by Sligneris »

Spoiler : :
Usually there is a space between floor and door. Would the keys fit in it in order to get them to the other side of the doors?
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

Too obvious. Of course not.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

After all, all these doors are Umineko™ doors!

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Scarlet_black

Post by Scarlet_black »

Bah, fine.
Spoiler : Thought Process 2 :
It is highly probable that Mr. Black killed Ms. Yellow. She received a gun shot wound to the head and then after 8:10 up until the time of discovery. How do I know? Remember, that Black and Yellow's whereabouts were unknown to Green and Red at 8:20. And everyone was still alive at 8:10.

Who kills Mr. Black? and How does the key get into his pocket? and How does the door get locked? Simple. I think what happens is that Ms. Yellow poisons him at 7:10 and then later at 7:50, hides the poison in his room. Mr. Black is dying right now from the poison. So what happens. After he kills her and locks the door, he stashes the key in his pocket. Climbs out of her window. Climbs into his. And then perishes after closing the window.

The question then is. How does the window in Yellow's room close. Assuming that he's used a rope, he can attach a rope from the inside to pull the window down on it's weight. And then he can climb into his room to die.

Andddd still no dice :random: Whatthefrig?

WINDOWS CAN ONLY BE OPENED AND CLOSED FROM THE INSIDE.A HUMAN HAND MUST CLOSE THEM.

ARGHHHHH!!!.

Then another solution. Perhaps Black didn't use the windows at all, but used the vents. He climbed the vents back into his room and died.

(Do vents count as a secret passage? Orz...and still no dice, whatthefrig?
EDIT OMG OMG OMG

This could work.
Spoiler : Thought Process 3 :
The only way the locked room could be made is if Mr. Black shot Ms. Yellow and then climbed back into his room to die.

Black is poisoned at 7:10. He has only an hour to live. Black locks his door and opens the window. He climbs down. Goes back into the mansion and goes into Yellow's room. Takes a gun and shoots her. He then takes yellow's key, and replaces Black's key. Yellow's room is locked on the outside.

Then Black goes outside the mansion, climbs into his room and closes the window. However, it's too late for him. He dies with yellow's key in his pocket.

And still wrong. Dafuq? I thought this progression is perfectly logical...
ventuswings

Post by ventuswings »

Scarlet_black wrote:Bah, fine.
Spoiler : Thought Process 2 :
It is highly probable that Mr. Black killed Ms. Yellow. She received a gun shot wound to the head and then after 8:10 up until the time of discovery. How do I know? Remember, that Black and Yellow's whereabouts were unknown to Green and Red at 8:20. And everyone was still alive at 8:10.

Who kills Mr. Black? and How does the key get into his pocket? and How does the door get locked? Simple. I think what happens is that Ms. Yellow poisons him at 7:10 and then later at 7:50, hides the poison in his room. Mr. Black is dying right now from the poison. So what happens. After he kills her and locks the door, he stashes the key in his pocket. Climbs out of her window. Climbs into his. And then perishes after closing the window.

The question then is. How does the window in Yellow's room close. Assuming that he's used a rope, he can attach a rope from the inside to pull the window down on it's weight. And then he can climb into his room to die.

Andddd still no dice :random: Whatthefrig?

WINDOWS CAN ONLY BE OPENED AND CLOSED FROM THE INSIDE.A HUMAN HAND MUST CLOSE THEM.

ARGHHHHH!!!.

Then another solution. Perhaps Black didn't use the windows at all, but used the vents. He climbed the vents back into his room and died.

(Do vents count as a secret passage? Orz...and still no dice, whatthefrig?
EDIT OMG OMG OMG

This could work.
The only way the locked room could be made is if Mr. Black shot Ms. Yellow and then climbed back into his room to die.

Black is poisoned at 7:10. He has only an hour to live. Black locks his door and opens the window. He climbs down. Goes back into the mansion and goes into Yellow's room. Takes a gun and shoots her. He then takes yellow's key, and replaces Black's key. Yellow's room is locked on the outside.

Then Black goes outside the mansion, climbs into his room and closes the window. However, it's too late for him. He dies with yellow's key in his pocket.

And still wrong. Dafuq? I thought this progression is perfectly logical...
That solution conflicts with the red.
Scarlet_black

Post by Scarlet_black »

Spoiler : Bahhh :
NOBODY CLIMBED OUT OF ANY WINDOWS - OR JUMPED, FOR THAT MATTER .
ARRRRGHHHH...

Okay. Round 4.
Spoiler : Thought Process 4 :
I can amend thought process 3 to fit with the red.

Black is poisoned at 7:10. He has only an hour to live.

Black locks his door and opens the window. He climbs down.
Black opens his window and locks his door from the outside. He then

Goes back into the mansion and goes into Yellow's room. Takes a gun and shoots her. He then takes yellow's key, and replaces Black's key. Yellow's room is locked on the outside.

And lets see. YESSSS!!!!!!!

Edit: I'm surprised my theory actually was the right one. It fit's to a T. O_O
Last edited by Scarlet_black on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaally hope you haven't been mass refreshing on this... >_> It's not necessary to get it correct to pass this part.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Scarlet_black

Post by Scarlet_black »

Hey. It was a challenging puzzle. And I thought that I would have lost out if I didn't figure this out. I'm kinda glad that the maker didn't give me the solution to it and allowed me to figure it out.
ventuswings

Post by ventuswings »

It might be good idea to put the entire script of that puzzle on the OP if refreshing is such a problem; I copy pasted entire script ver batim before solving it but I can see how some might find it inconvenient. Or making point 5 more conspicuous, with the statement that actions taken in prologue won't affect the story, would help since that message is kinda buried where people who start playing wouldn't look.

@Scarlet_black
Spoiler : Prologue puzzle massive spoiler :
Really glad you solved the puzzle, that summary of yours with massive simplification regarding certain red was driving me crazy :P
Scarlet_black

Post by Scarlet_black »

Btw, playing the first testimony right now. Holy...
DWaM, you've really outdone yourself :)
-----------------------------------------
Edit: Stuck on Promethus's testimony in Part 2.

I'm going to try and do a thought process for this now.
Spoiler : Thought Process :
Things putting me in doubt:

Before the murder: If Apollo is right, then being caught was actually a part of his plan. But if so, how do I prove it? If he did commit murder, then logically his plan should involve not being caught. But I think the idea is that he wants to take the fall for Shannon or some unknown third party.

Additionally, part of his plan was using the master key to jump off the balcony and that's why he couldn't escape (Remembered this btw). The problem is he was also stuck with the corpse and therefore, the bedroom key. Therefore, he could escape.

During the murder: How did he know it was Miles Edgeworth? I think Shannon told him it was some unspecified guest. Additionally, how could she come down after she was poisoned with the Inlestrigin? Did the effects take some time to implement themselves? Also, this gun thing seems really fishy to me. She was shot in the stomach which is not instantaneous.

Not only that, but the Inlestrigin in the teacup was about 50% of the maximum dose. Hardly the amount needed to achieve the stated effect.

After the murder: I find it highly unlikely that he stuffed the note into the victim's pocket. It just doesn't add up why he would do this. Additionally, I'm still wondering why he didn't take the bedroom key and unlock the balcony. Was it because he didn't know the function of the key or that he had no time?
Edit 2:
And...wow, I just solved it. :P

AND WOAH...
Spoiler : OMG and yet another Thought Process :
BLUE TRUTH BATTLEZ AGAINST EVIL APOLLO

Okay first off, given that we get a red text that says:

Apollo Justice shot Andrea Lure in a perfect locked room.

Is this impossible to win?

Secondly, I tried all the evidence for the first question that evil Apollo has. I'm trying to think, what problems does not having the bullet have now? Who or what should I present here?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : Third Riddle Clarification :
When Shannon says that nobody jumped out of or climbed out of the windows, does that mean that no human being passed through them? When Shannon says that both of them were murdered, does that exclude suicide?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Scarlet_black

Post by Scarlet_black »

Spoiler : To Enhalpy :
The first red means what it means:

Nobody jumped OUT of or climbed out of the windows

and yes

Murder excludes suicide
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

From the perspective of the jumper, any jump is going to be out of the window, so prohibitions of jumping out of the windows would also prohibit jumping through the windows, which is what I believe you're trying to imply.

Also, I don't believe there was a "one room, one key" guarantee, but I may be mistaken.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
eighthbit

Post by eighthbit »

Spoiler : Puzzle 3 :
It doesn't actually have to mean that, the red truth can have multiple interpretations. Also, there's the fact that this is a locked room, so I assume that the inside refers to the inside of the room and the outside refers to the outside of the room, right?
'Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.'
-Elbert Hubbard
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

eighthbit wrote:
Spoiler : Puzzle 3 :
It doesn't actually have to mean that, the red truth can have multiple interpretations. Also, there's the fact that this is a locked room, so I assume that the inside refers to the inside of the room and the outside refers to the outside of the room, right?
Congratulations, you understood what "inside" and "outside" means.
No person ever left the mansion, remember?

Total times sued: 10328