[T] [PyWright] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●●●● | ●●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Ana_
Spoken languages: English

[T] [PyWright] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●●●● | ●●

Post by Ana_ »

Play with the PyWright version packaged with the downloads; some modifications have been made to it
Comes to about 15 hours of gameplay.
This is a fangame of Hexepta: Logic Hack and Acquittal: Induction; it is not associated in any way with Ash-Zero Games or Procella Games.
Used to have an AAO version here but yeah that's way outdated at this point so there's just the PyWright version now.

After a young law student named Argus Hakan ends up defending in a trial on his mentor's behalf, he is thrust into a series of cases the following week, all involving various crimes that seem to target the mayor. Argus can solve these cases as they come, but there is clearly something more going on behind the scenes.

This game has six cases in it's main storyline, as well as two short side stories:
Case 1: The Hacked Turnabout
Case 2: Turnabout on the Road
Case 3: Turnabout in Flames
Case 4: Turnabout Apprentice
Case 5: The Stolen Turnabout
Case 6: The Sculpted Turnabout
Extra 1: Argus Hakan: Asinine Attorney
Extra 2: Storm Sente: Asinine Attorney

Walkthroughs can be found in the game's folder.
Last edited by Ana_ on Sun May 14, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 93 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
Blizdi

Re: [T] [DGS♫] [SoJ♫] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●○○○○

Post by Blizdi »

Things like this series are why I love the AA community. Then I remember I'm a part of it, and I'm a piece of crap, then my opinion goes back down after I finish.

tl;dr: best case, 10/10 logical hacks cant wait for the final case
Ana_

Post by Ana_ »

I suppose now would be the time to say the writing of case 3 has begun, just focusing on the first couple of scenes for now but I suppose I can reveal the new characters who appear!
Spoiler : Case 3 Cast :
Butler
The butler who has been serving the Timm family since he was young. He shows much dedication to us job.

Warren Gesst
An old man who was invited to the Mayor's estate, like Argus. He's a war veteran.

Honor Gesst
Another guest invited by the Mayor.

Cooke Err
The Mayor's cook. She's accused of starting the fire, but the Mayor has his doubts.
Also added screenshots for the first two cases since the CR thread has some.
Spoiler : Case 1 Screenshots :
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler : Case 2 Screenshots :
ImageImage
ImageImage
Case 3 screenshots will come when there's more done.
Image Image Image Image
Ana_

Post by Ana_ »

So yeah I almost forgot about this thread but I'll give it the same update I gave the CR one. So progress on case 3 has been very slow so far but I have made some progress now, and now I can say there is one last character to reveal for case 3. He is a very important character who I originally planned to introduce in a later case, but further planning doesn't quite demand but strongly recommends I introduce him now, early in case 3, rather than later.

He is...
Spoiler : Character Reveal :

The Adrenaline Man, Storm Sente, who is using vacation time to visit his best friend in the US, Argus!
Also yea those are PyWright screenshots I'll have AAO ones when I get that version to that part.
I hope this makes up for my deafening silence the past couple of weeks! I can assure you this will be complete, especially now that I have a clearer idea of what the solution for this case will be!
Image Image Image Image
Ana_

Post by Ana_ »

Hello, it has been a few weeks since the last update to this, but progress on case 3 has been relatively fast the last couple of days. The case has been fully planned out, the introductory chapter is done and I'm now working on the investigation. So far I'm about 2000 frames in (yeah this is unexpectedly long so far.) If you are curious as to how the case is progressing, I have added a section near the top of the first post showing percentages and stuff, as well as the AAO frame count. I'll keep that updated as much as possible!
Spoiler : Current Progress on Case 3 :
Planning: 100%
Investigation Scripting: 60-70%
Trial Scripting: 0%
AAO frame count: 2095
PyWright progress: 5%
Assets: 95%
Fixed Assets: 40% depreciation on buildings, trees and furniture
The development of this case is also a bit different from that of the previous two, as I'm writing the case in AAO, and have barely touched the PyWright version. Of course, the PyWright one will be finished and released alongside the AAO one, though I may consider releasing the investigation early, then do the trial separately -- this is pretty long, as I said.

My estimate for the final frame count used to be about 2500-3000 but now it's looking to be at least 4000, maybe 4500. I should reconsider the pacing of the case, tbh.

Anyway now for the best part. The screenshots. Here are four moments taken from the early scenes of Turnabout in Flames!
Spoiler : Turnabout in Flames Screenshots :
ImageImage
ImageImage
(Screenshots taken in AAO)
Image Image Image Image
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

first off thats not in chinese second off those arent kitchens
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Love those spam bots
Ana_

Re: [T] [DGS♫] [SoJ♫] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●○○○

Post by Ana_ »

This case continues the evening after the second one. Argus Hakan is invited to the mayor's house for a dinner party when, out of nowhere, the house catches fire. Now Argus, with help from Storm Sente and Vick Timm, must defend the cook, Cooke Err, from the grave charges of arson. Can he see through the villain's devious scheme and bring the truth to light?
Spoiler : Screenshots :
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image Image Image Image
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Time to Hexepta some Mayor Attacks again!

Where is Case 6 already I want my Hexepta
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Spoiler : :
I remember when this case was about nailing crates with hammers on ropes and switching roads with bulldozers. Why did it turn so interesting in Case 3 Arrowlawn
Ana_

Post by Ana_ »

Spoiler : :
This case is definitely a more serious one after the jaywalking silliness of case 2. Felt I should take that tone for all those parts that build up The Plot, since this is a very serious Plot that should take itself very seriously (like Hexepta's probably.). It probably carried over to the other parts though, rip. FWIW the solution used to be a lot weirder but it was also bad so I threw away like 2 or 3 plot twists, I'll write up what the case used to be like (Both "Trespassing The Turnabout," and "Early-Flames") at some point probably just because.
Next case will go back to silliness before the two finale cases, even if it's very different to the other cases. But we'll see what that case is like when we get there.
Also, PyWright Case 3 update: Investigation Part One complete.

I might also write up roughly what the original version of The Hacked Turnabout used to be when I first wrote it, before I discarded it and started it from again from the start. Cause wowowowow that thing was garbage.
Image Image Image Image
Ana_

Re: [T] [DGS♫] [SoJ♫] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●○○○ ●○

Post by Ana_ »

Surprise, there's a new release already, don't get your hopes too high though 'cause it's not case 4. Actually, it's a case set in the few hours in between cases 3 and 4. To the few of you here, I present to you a very short trial:

Storm Sente: Asinine Attorney

(I'll release the PyWright version when Case 4's released, which is still a thing I'm just trying to work some stuff
Also there will probably be an Argus Asinine too but I haven't worked out all the details for that and it's also set after case 6 so.)
Image Image Image Image
dirtypupper

Re: [T] [DGS♫] [SoJ♫] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●○○○ ●○

Post by dirtypupper »

So much for 3d modeling
Ana_

Re: [T] [DGS♫] [SoJ♫] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●●○○ ●○

Post by Ana_ »

After the shocking end to case 3, Argus decides to sneak aboard Detective Camille's ship to join the hunt for the mayor's medal. When they arrive at Bell Island, however, another theft occurs! Argus and Camille now have until midnight to solve this puzzling mystery and catch the elusive thief, Killian!
Spoiler : Case 4 Screenshots :
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image Image Image Image
Ana_

Re: [T] [DGS♫] [SoJ♫] Hexepta: Mayor Attack ●●●●○○ ●○

Post by Ana_ »

No new case yet but I gave the first case a bit of an update to clarify a certain part of the crime. Now the case hopefully makes more sense.

Planning of case 5 is around 40% or something like that.
Image Image Image Image