Getting Started with the AAO Trial Editor (V6)

Get started with the upcoming AAO version 6.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: Getting Started with AAO V6

Post by drvonkitty »

Well, "next few days" became next few months, but I've finally finished the revamp of this guide. Let me know if you notice any issues, or if there's anything that should be added.

I'm still pondering doing an updated version of Hodou Okappa's trial writing guide, so if anyone has ideas for that or is interested in helping out, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

The revamp is great! I find it a lot clearer now that the jokes are cut back.

One pedantic correction: The bold line in metadata is technically incorrect. Game admins can see non-private trials in English, due to the way database permissions are set. In the English section, "Game admins" means Unas and the trial reviewers.

This reminds me that there was a tutorial I was writing in 2015, Fey and Wright's Elements of Style, about Ace Attorney conventions. I should finally finish and publish that. When that's done, I'll send you a PM about ideas for updating Hodou's guide.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Agreed. It was long overdue, especially since I get the impression most of the new folks use this guide. I've updated it to reflect that minor change you noted.

The style guide looks good based on my cursory glance through it! I'll add a link in my helpful tips section.

drvonkitty

Re: Getting Started with the AAO Trial Editor (V6)

Post by drvonkitty »

Just added some new "helpful tips" to Section VI to reflect some new tricks I've learned while working on my comp entry and the latter end of ATCJ. Also added a new addendum with my recommended tutorials (to give people a clear "next step" if they want it). Feel free to submit any suggestions for new tips here, as I think they can be useful to newbies.

Crazy_Legoid

Point an object not working

Post by Crazy_Legoid »

Hey! I read your post about AAO and it really helped! Currently I'm making a game with investigation scenes... but the 'Point an Object' part is giving me a lot of trouble, see I understood everything, but after I mark the area that triggers the conversation... it doesn't register! idk why but it forgets the area that I marked, I would really like if you help me as I say=w you recently edited the beginning of the original post
drvonkitty

Re: Getting Started with the AAO Trial Editor (V6)

Post by drvonkitty »

Hi there. Did you make sure to set the "Place to examine" in the investigation scene? If not, it'll show up as blank and you won't be able to examine it.