[T][CE] Strangers in the Land of Turnabouts ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DWaM
Spoken languages: English

[T][CE] Strangers in the Land of Turnabouts ●

Post by DWaM »

An entry for the "Setting the Stage" competition

Premise
Mr. Albert sets out to prove a landlord didn't steal a car from one of his tenants.

Credits
Spoiler : Contains Spoilers :
Writing
DWaM

Sprites
Albert Sprites: Ceres
Grace Powers Sprites: Lind
Extra Chambers Poses: Sligneris, Crystalklk
Extra Phoenix Poses: Sligneris
Different Mia Sprites: Anyare

Backgrounds
Courtroom Set: SuperAj3
Bailiff-less Lobby: TheKayOne

An assortment of music from
ALEX
Carpenter Burt
Espen Kraft
Fury Weekend
Kattch
MALO
Key Puncher
Speed Machine
Turbo Knight
Tonebox

(I'll put up a full list of tracks at some point in the near future.)

Beta-Tester
enigma
Walkthrough
One thing I will flat-out say to help you on your journey:

Whenever given a chance, try and do as much optional stuff as possible if you want to get the most out of the setting. You'll inevitably see what I mean by this.
Spoiler : Actual Walkthrough :
STRANGERS IN THE LAND OF TURNABOUTS -- Walkthrough

TRIAL 1
-- In My Husband's Name --
Press Statements 3 and 5
Present the Remote on Statement 6

-- All Eyes on Him --
Press Statement 3
Select "Yes" [Statement 3-1 Unlocked]
Present the Lock Records on Statement 3-1
Select "You met earlier than believed"
Present Powers' profile [For this section, I would suggest saving and trying out accusing everyone; besides the actual correct answer, Chambers' profile will also net you no penalty]
Present Finnegan's profile

-- Intruder --
Press Statements 1 and 3
Present Lock Records on Statement 3

INVESTIGATION
This section is as straightforward as it comes.
The only thing I want to note is to examine as much as possible, whenever possible, and go for the optional presents.
It is, in fact, the only way to learn more about this "setting."

TRIAL 2
-- The Day of the Murder --
Present Witness Testimonies on Statement 1
Present Faye's profile

END
Last edited by DWaM on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southern Corn
Spoken languages: English, Bad Jokes

Re: [T][CE] Strangers in the Land of Turnabouts ●

Post by Southern Corn »

Okay I need to play this like yesterday I can't wait to see what the heck this setting is all about.
Vagrant
Spoken languages: English, Italian, some French.

Post by Vagrant »

Issue:

I'm at
Spoiler : :
Miriam's testimony. I pressed all statements (follows that I've pressed S1 and S3) and presented the Lock Records at S1, but it doesn't work? - --- Edit: Presenting the Lock Records at S3 works though, so you might want to fix the walkthrough.
also uh
might want to remove the [ lol
coming soon

turnabout in the mist
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

You mean this isn't called Turnabout Tape Recorder?! 0/10.
Ana_

Post by Ana_ »

Someone be casually time-travelling.
Image Image Image Image
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

"How about if I called it my 'determination?'"
Hey now! Undertale references are only allowed in my case, thank you very much.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

AceJakkidFan wrote:Someone be casually time-travelling.
never even happened
DJJ6800 wrote:
"How about if I called it my 'determination?'"
Hey now! Undertale references are only allowed in my case, thank you very much.
Given the fact I only ever played like 40 mins of Undertale and remember fairly little of it, your case's sovereignty is maintained.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Well I just played the case and
I have no idea what that was but I loved it! (Despite no tape recorders.)
Salamence

Post by Salamence »

Here's my review
Ok, this case is amazing, and reached the very high expectations I had. I liked all the techo music used, it was quite fitting. The setting was also really cool. I really liked how all the backgrounds in the investigation looked. The apocalyptic setting was just really cool, and so was the secret prison thing. I was not expecting that at all. Also, It was shocking seeing Mr. Wright as the prosecutor.

I was expecting a murder to happen at some point because well, it's an ace attorney case. So that kinda took away the shock of when Mr. Wright accused the defendant of murder. Still, that part was awesome. Just like the rest of the case.

The only problems I have is that not everything got fully explained... maybe that was me missing something.

I rate 9/10

Part 1 complete

Hey

Post by Hey »

After the opening, I can definitely say I'm hooked.

Btw, are you planning on writing the ost used in here anytime soon?

I can't wait for what's going to happen in this case.
Esrom

Post by Esrom »

Well, this was certainly an interesting and surreal experience.

Where do I begin?
Spoiler : The trial, part one :
The opening is one that probably will make a lot more sense to those who've already seen the rest, as it's largely an out of context monologue And yet, even when I first saw it, some of it still made a bit of sense. It seemed to be referencing apocalyptic scenarios where the rich and powerful abandon those not as rich and powerful to fend for themselves. But of course there's just not enough there to provide any sort of context to the rant.

So we're introduced, sort of, to Albert. We don't know a whole lot about Albert, except that he's returning to the attorney business after a long absence, and he finds the time to chat with the bailiff before the trial since his client doesn't appear to be present. And he bears a resemblance to someone we know, but looks just different enough that we can't be sure if it's who we think it is.

Of course, having the viewpoint character be someone we initially know very little about is an angle DWaM has used before. Does it work here? I'm not entirely sure.

So we've got the AAI to AAI-2 style courtroom. Interesting. And I liked Albert's commentary about how the main elements of the courtroom are always the same (attorneys, judge, gallery, and so on). The packaging may be different (canon has given us several courtroom variations, two of which are in the current AAO editor), but the blend is pretty much the same.

And we've got a civil case. Which we don't often see in fancases, let alone canon. And Phoenix Wright is the attorney on the other side. At this point, we don't know why Phoenix has been away from the court for two years, nor why the Judge expected him to have left on one of the 'Shuttles', but we'll get there later on.

The trial is pretty straightforward. I did find it interesting that Albert didn't have 'damage' sprites that we usually see when defense attorneys and prosecutors are on the receiving end of a devastating argument from the other side. Guess Albert is better at keeping such reactions on the inside than most. :)

Alicia Chambers bears a resemblance to Adrian Andrews. A bit strange since Grace Powers has custom sprites (I thought during my first play-thru), but whatever, I thought at first.

However, I KNEW something was up when 'Miriam Faye' shows up. DWaM is just too good of a writer to create a character using canon character sprites that just happens to have a similar name to that canon character. We can be assured that we won't find any 'Victor Edgeworths' or 'Sly Seldoons' here. I guessed she was really Morgan Fey right away. The question was, why was she there testifying under a different name? It didn't make sense ... until the investigation.
And the investigation, where the viewpoint switches to Phoenix from two days earlier, is where things get REALLY fun.
Spoiler : Investigation beginning :
First, we discover that Mr. Powers is Will Powers, who's got himself in trouble in Phoenix's absence. But what's with the weird lightning in the detention center? And since when did this city have sand storms? Things are getting interesting...

So Phoenix has been a baker for the past two years? A shoutout to Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, maybe?
At this point, I'll split my musings to discuss the setting and the storyline.

The Setting:
And so here we see what's happened to the city. Weird sandstorms, with weird glowing sand ... and no one knows why it's happening. The non-optional dialogue tells us very little about this aside from letting us know that people talk about leaving on 'Shuttles'. It's through examining everything and optional 'presents' that we find out a lot more about The Resurgence and the sandstorms. And it's ... wow.

It's certainly eerie wandering the city in this strange condition. Seeing familiar places such as the Detention Center, Phoenix's office, and the Criminal Affairs department in these unsettling lights has quite an impact; a place we know transformed into something bizarre and unsettling. I found myself empathizing with Gumshoe and Grossberg, trying as best they can to cope with this crisis while knowing their respective jobs are just as important as ever, if not more so.

And indeed the whole scenario raises all sorts of questions. What caused it? What are these mysterious Pyramids and what's the significance of the sand? We know the answers to none of these questions, but it's clear that this is something entirely seperate from the activities of Phoenix, his friends, and his enemies.

And it also only seems to have a small bearing on the storyline: it's basically being the reason so many people have left the city, causing those behind the apartment building to find ways of filling in the vacancies. As a result, this setting has the feel of what comic book fans and TV Tropes refers to as a Red Skies Crossover: An issue of a regular series that occurs at the same time as a big world-changing event, but the event itself is only happening in the background. Although the characters acknowledge the event and talk about it, they mostly go about their lives. It's so named for the minimal tie-ins that occured in regular comics at the time of DC's 'Crisis on Infinite Earths'.

But it works, for the most part. I think it's clear that Phoenix and company aren't going to be the ones to get to the bottom of the mysteries of The Resurgence. Whatever is going on there, it doesn't seem likely that it will be resolved by presenting evidence and shouting 'Objection!'. This stuff is probably way out of our protagonists' league. So the best any of them can do is to go about doing what they can to help people (which is what Phoenix, Gumshoe, and Grossberg each do in their own ways) or taking one of the Shuttles.

(By the way, I did try Googling 'resurgence' and 'Pyramids' to see if this was a hidden crossover with some other game or something that I wasn't familiar with, but got nowhere.)

The only thing that bugs me about this is: Why is the event that started this all off called The Resurgence? Given the way Phoenix and Gumshoe talk about it, it sure doesn't sound like it's anything that's ever happened before in their world.
Aside from that minor nitpick, I loved the mysterious sci-fi apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic whatever setting. Made me think about it a lot, wondering just how a lot of things (the Shuttles, the systems left behind, and so forth) worked, and how a LOT of things would be different if such a thing actually happened.

Oh, and the fact that we had (aside from Albert's dream/epiphany) no familiar canon music only enhanced the effect of a familiar world turned into a bizarre distortion of its former self. Any familiar Ace Attorney themes (courtroom, Gumshoe's theme, even Detention Center) would have been way too comforting for a scenario such as this. The new and unfamiliar music is appropriately otherwordly in this context, and worked especially well in the investigation portion.

The Storyline:
At first I thought it was strange that what was obviously Diego Armando speaking to Grossberg wasn't identified as such, but I remembered that Phoenix hasn't met him at this point (especially when it becomes clear which point in the timeline this case diverges from), and this scene is from the viewpoint of Phoenix overhearing a conversation. So in that case, not identifying one of the speakers of the conversation makes perfect sense.

It's not until the scene where Phoenix meets with Adrian Andrews (aka Alicia Chambers) that we find out that Phoenix's timeline follows off of the 'The miracle never happen' Bad Ending. And now everything said about Phoenix's time away (especially the bio information from Albert's viewpoint in the earlier trial section) makes a lot more sense.

And then we find out the secret of the apartment building, and what a secret it is. The twist about the apartment building being a prison sheds new light on what's gone before, and also makes sense. And it works in what's going on with the setting. Apparently, since a lot of people have left the city (some going so far as to take one of the Shuttles) because of The Resurgence and the whole sand storms thing, there are vacancies to be filled in various positions. And the landlord/warden is abusing the apartment building/prison by blackmailing innocent people into being sent there as well.

All this is a nice plot twist, the good kind that recontextualizes what we've already seen.

The conversation with Andrews does rely a lot on familiarity with the original case. Those who don't know the backstory of Adrian Andrews and Matt Engarde won't really understand a lot of what's said there. While we know that Celeste was Adrian's mentor who suffered a breakdown and commmited suicide as a result of the war between Matt Engarde and Juan Corrida, it's not specifically mentioned here so any newcomers who somehow wander in might be a bit confused. I understand why; any sort of recap (be it in conversation or internal monologue) would have disrupted the flow and made what was already a long conversation even longer. Still, it's worth noting.

So Matt Engarde ends up being murdered because he tried to extort the wrong person? Kind of appropriate, given that the possibility of such a thing happening is what caused him to break down and plead guilty in the Good/True Ending of AA2 Case 4.

I also liked how Phoenix and Morgan Fey were able to find common ground in that neither of them want Pearl to get caught up in the warden's horrible plans.

When it was revealed that the warden was a convicted criminal, I thought "Okay, it's probably someone we know." I suspected perhaps Redd White (a blackmailer with lots of resources) or Damon Gant (a corrupt police chief who is certainly capable of abusing a system). I was surprised when it was revealed to be Dee Vasquez, but given that Will Powers is the innocent person being set up here, it seemed appropriate. She framed him before, and now she's doing it again.

So Phoenix faked the evidence of the trial? Was there another way he could have exposed the prison? Maybe, but it DOES make sense that he did it. This particular Phoenix is not intending to become an attorney again - it was clear that he returned to the court for just this case only. His conversations with Maya on the phone, and with Charley the plant indicate he's only returned for this brief time, and then he intends to leave the city for good. So he didn't really have a whole lot to lose.

Even though the possibilty of riots was mentioned earlier, the whole bomb thing seemed to come out of left field. And we basically get what TV Tropes calls an Audience Sucker Punch - where we the audience miss out on seeing things because the viewpoint character didn't see them either.

The 'flashback that's not really a flashback' bit is an element DWaM has used before. So, is this how, in this reality, Diego Armando became Albert? It's difficult to tell whether this is a dream Armando/Albert had before the beginning, or whether it's happening after the lights went out and the tinnitus occured.

The ending's abrupt and a bit confusing, but my guess is Phoenix went looking for Albert, rescued him, and brought him back to Kurain Village, and Albert was unconscious the whole trip.

LOVE 'Thousand Lights'. An awesome choice for an end credits song, especially in a story whose two main protagonists both want to escape and find new lives (Phoenix as a baker, Armando as Albert).
All in all, I thought this was a fascinating alternate reality. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone not familiar with the initial Phoenix Wright trilogy (as it relies heavily on the audience being already familiar with the stories and characters of the first three installments), but it was certainly an experience that stayed with me long after I finished.

I give it eight out of ten stars. 8/10
Last edited by Esrom on Tue May 14, 2019 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Sorry for the late replies! Thank you all for playing and (as best I can see) enjoying this!
DJJ6800 wrote:Well I just played the case and
I have no idea what that was but I loved it! (Despite no tape recorders.)
Ah, but there was one. Right in the prologue, in fact. It wasn't a tape-recorder, admittedly. Cassette player. The music was meant to play over the screams, y'see.
Salamence wrote:Here's my review
Ok, this case is amazing, and reached the very high expectations I had. I liked all the techo music used, it was quite fitting. The setting was also really cool. I really liked how all the backgrounds in the investigation looked. The apocalyptic setting was just really cool, and so was the secret prison thing. I was not expecting that at all. Also, It was shocking seeing Mr. Wright as the prosecutor.

I was expecting a murder to happen at some point because well, it's an ace attorney case. So that kinda took away the shock of when Mr. Wright accused the defendant of murder. Still, that part was awesome. Just like the rest of the case.

The only problems I have is that not everything got fully explained... maybe that was me missing something.

I rate 9/10
On one particular point...
Admittedly, yeah. The world itself was definitely left up to interpretation in some respects. That said, you can find a lot of extra info in the investigation that will give you enough pieces to connect the dots with however you please.

As for the crime itself, I do feel like the basic chain of events is laid out, but I do admit it's delivered in a less expository manner than I would've maybe done in some of my other stuff.
Hey wrote:Btw, are you planning on writing the ost used in here anytime soon?
Uh, hopefully sometime soon.
Esrom wrote:- snip -
I appreciate such a lengthy review. (I also enjoyed how you asked questions and then answered a lot of them yourself right then and there -- pretty much the way I'd intended them.)

Responses to a few points:
  • Albert doesn't have a damage sprite because the sprite set I was using simply never had it. In fact, Albert only had two poses, but I decided to go with him anyway, hoping players won't get too bored with him, simply because his look fit everything so well.
  • I did wonder if Miriam Faye was a bit too on the nose, but I figured I should get the player excited a bit early that I'm gonna be pulling something on them soon enough.
  • The feel I was going for was definitely 'eerie'. You are in a world that is structurally the same -- the inside of every building hasn't actually changed. But the world simply isn't. You're a stranger, you might say.
  • Indeed, although the setting itself is what made the situation possible, and thus inevitably an important part, it's also intentionally not the main focus. Partially because I wanted to show an apocalypse where the world is 100% screwed but people go on with their daily lives because... what else are they going to do? (And yeah, the whole thing isn't a reference to anything pre-existing. The 'Resurgence' was basically an idea I had that the pyramids were not man-made, but were always within the Earth, and would come through the ground. Hence, the 'Resurgence.)
  • Dee was chosen because it felt right in the story's themes of control. Grace controlled her husband. Morgan wants to control Pearl. Adrian is controlled by the memory of Celeste. Engarde controlled Phoenix. Dee controlled Jack and the studio.
  • Yeah, the idea for Phoenix's arc here is that the Engarde incident basically skewed his mindset and pushed him into a 'I will ruin myself if I have to if it means the right thing is done. I pushed my own interests before Engarde and he got away because of it. I won't make the same mistake twice.' (To Phoenix in this timeline, 'the miracle' didn't happen because Phoenix was too worried about trying to save everything for the sake of maintaining and happy life, and didn't look at the bigger picture.)
  • Admittedly, I did try my best to warn the players about the bombs, in spite of it happening suddenly. Adrian herself explains that the reason Dee is able to stop anyone from taking her down is because she explicitly tells him that if the public ever got wind of it, people would completely lose it.
  • And yes, Phoenix does save Albert. Albert's 'flashback but not really' happens while he's knocked out from the blast. He, too, is a stranger, but in a different way -- a stranger to himself. He woke up, he found out he was Diego Armando, but fundamentally didn't feel like Diego Armando. He tried his best to imitate the man from his memories, as well as carry out his duties, but it just wasn't working out. At the end, Mia tells him to live his own, new life. So, at the end, he laughs in a way that's completely different from his usual way, to signify he's become a new person.
Hey

Post by Hey »

After finally convincing the other-me that this probably wont be the last case you'll ever make, I decided to go back and complete it. It was a very fun ride, disliked the fact that its short but it doesn't make me hate it.
By the end of this case, there were too many questions I wanted to ask, but after reading your post I found the answers to some of them but some questions still remain:

- How did Phoenix save Albert? If they were both in two different courtrooms, how could he have went all the way there and managed to get through the crowd to save him?

- Is there a reason why Albert's glasses keep changing color? I tried to figure out the reason. but none came to my mind.

As for the penalties, I only have on thing to say: Priceless. How on Earth do you manage to come up with those man? I don't know if its second hand embarrassment but when the Judge told me to go on when I presented his profile picture, I immediately held on hand to my face, clicked on 'Instant text typing'. But I don't think any penalty is better than the one with Morgan and Judge about old people.

I think you've really outdone yourself with this intro. You made the words match the tempo of the music all the way from the beginning til the end of the intro. It kinda reminded me of Turnabout to El Dorado from the way the music timed.
Kanassa

Post by Kanassa »

Damn, story aside, the atmosphere in this is absolutely perfect. I never thought you could so easily turn comfortable and familiar locations into unsettling, almost alien rooms where you expected something to jump out at you. I didn't even get inside the prison before I wanted to get the hell out of there. Do you make horror games, by any chance? :D

Puzzle-wise, nothing spectacular, but I can tell that wasn't really the focus here.

The story is solid, the pacing doesn't interrupt the emotions or tension, the dialogue is spot on (If a little pretentious at times) and the way the pieces come together to give a good gradual feel without making it seem like you're being artificially denied information. I like the setting and I think it was a great decision to have more exploration of it kept to a minimum. Even inspecting everything we still don't know that much about this odd setting, we know enough to see how it works and how it sets the foundation of the plot and tone, but we don't know enough that it keeps this alien and uneasy feeling surrounding the entire story.

On the ending... I'm at odds with myself. I think Larry's inclusion was incredibly convenient and overall the ending just seems to edge on... Just bitter? I don't feel like we achieved anything, that there was really anything gained through the trial, life is still just waiting for the end to come and society is collapsing. But again, at odds with myself because that probably completely fits the tone.

I never thought I'd be this emotionally confused about fan content!
Igniam

Post by Igniam »

I liked this case. The atmosphere was neat and it did a cool thing! Definitely ends with a lot of unanswered questions and it's certainly making me wonder how much a player could piece out from foreshadowed/seemingly meaningless lines.

Rambly text sock:
Well, that's a nice synthesizer.

The narrator might be in a prison or something. Feels like I'd sympath- oh, he just said 'prison'. I see a stick or something near a window...?

C-centered green trial text!
Lots of food poisoning from fish happening.
Mr. Powers... Will Powers?

I mean, that's really odd. Judge's position swapped (I like this new perspective)... Finnegan could be the judge? I had that suspicion looking at the image. Also, Wright at the back?! Wait, shuttles?!

Is this cloning-era?

Okay, this testimony is strange because apparently Finnegan is the only one ("A" landlord, not "the"?)

Powers runs a bar (no mention of acting)
Fell asleep 7:20 PM.

Typo (floating comma?): "(I guess I have no choice but
to press and figure out what ,
I'm dealing with here...)"

Shucks, I tried presenting Mr. Finnegan first ("A" landlord"). Maybe shouldn't be surprised it didn't work.

Looking at the records. A few times are about a minute long, hm. Don't know the purpose of the bracket numbers. How come the close-door doesn't have a consistent time if it's automatic?

Oh, here, apparently Albert knows Phoenix is usually a defense attorney.

"That night, I was walking home
when I spotted Mr. Powers
pulling into his garage.

I waited for him, and the two
of us made our way into
the building.

We parted ways at his door,
and I saw him go on.

I don't remember the exact time
this all happened, but not like it
changes anything.

The next morning, we bumped into
each other again, just as he was
stepping out of his apartment.

I followed along, and was there
when he opened his garage
door and found the car missing."

Huh, the garage was 'actually' fully empty.

Okay, his number must be 306. I should have realized. [note from future self: I had no idea why there were so many entries on the records and was like, 'are they all his?']

Typo: "he had to be the one enter" from Wright

Wait, the one across? But his number is 306. What number is sufficiently across?

This is still very circumstantial, cause he could be going in for a different reason.

He says "5 whole minutes" but...

Okay, 317 does not appear in the records.

Presenting the Lock Records on "Thinking it was Mr. Powers, I
took a peek out into the hall.". Glad I caught it :P

17th cup?

Now playing as Phoenix. Weird lighti- oh that's a malfunctioning ceiling light isn't it. That knife could've been tricked in with the food slot...

What, Phoenix expects coughing or a plague here?!

Wow, the broken light really makes that hand scene.

Baker = PW&Layton world. Also this town is red as hell! Maybe that's what The Resurgence is. Or rather, what caused it. Sounds like a sort of a collapse event.

Earthquakes? Would that jolt open a door?
Guard next to the apartment, not answering anything, landlord is open.

Really emphasizing the "hasn't changed one bit" line. Even though The Resurgence would change a lot. Maybe the universe has always been this red and The Resurgence isn't related.

Oh, maybe Gumshoe can tell us something.
Trains don't work now.

The Shuttle sounds like it's based on an Earth<->Mars thing, but maybe it's a Mars->Earth thing.

Suspected it. Albert = Godot? Why is he not in prison, why doesn't Wright recognize?

Well, hot damn. That shift from suspension of disbelief of her name to a different one!
She lives down the hall from Powers. Hm. So still on floor 3.

WAT. So presumably Grace Powers is also convicted for something? Is Will Powers the Phantom in disguise or something?

There's the word "warden"...
She's free between 4 and 7.

Oh, Grace. I think she's not clueless, and she does understand the blackmail implications.

inb4 ded guard

"According to the person residing
in the cell next to the one
the murder happened in, at least."
Hmmrph.

Morgan was married to someone, and she could have info about him for blackmail. 'Ts why she's there.

"waivers"? Not "wavers"?

Starting to sympathize a lot less with the warden if he's willing to lock up random innocents.
"Ma'am"?! Who was that? Was she covering a voice modulator?

Maybe it was Dee Vasquez, who certainly would have a reason to blast Will.

Holy crap, I had that nagging feeling at the back of my head before. But damn!

Okay, I first presented the conflicting Witness Testimony on the "2nd, alone" part, because she was supposedly seen actually entering as well.

Just a Word document. Not an Excel sheet of course. I love this in-universe deconstruction. Surprised he didn't add in a 317 then.

"Meanwhile, in Room 308..."
Wright needs assistance from a lot of people here. One of them may mess it up.

"It did end before a rec" What was the end of that? [note from future self: recess?]

Well, that's great. Mia was acting overly aggressive there. Bet it's Ema? [note from future self: The modified face looked like her, I thought.]

KURAIN?! Is it still a hallucination?
Okay this is Kurain Village.

Is the second logo not changing to red because it's Godot now? Hah.

Checking the beginning again for tips. Godot was looking to talk to the Bailiff again.

TL;DR:
Typo: "he had to be the one enter" from Wright
Typo (floating comma?): "(I guess I have no choice but
to press and figure out what ,
I'm dealing with here...)"

In the intro, I was like... "what is that stick?". I also liked rewatching the intro knowing what was going on. And the synths really fit the otherworldly dark atmosphere.
Case seemed like a pretty steady room-number and record-keeping case until that perspective change. I liked that deconstruction of "sprite of old character acting as new" and didn't see it coming.
I was suspecting Dee just before the reveal because she's one of the few characters to not appear (and that the owner was convicted of something). The only thing about that is that I thought Dee in 1-3 (despite the shadiness) was actually given a self-defense ruling.
My guess for The Resurgence was not really a war but more like a mass exodus from Earth. "Shuttle" seems pretty tied to space. And that end picture made me think of a more sinister "THEY'RE ALL DEAD" thing rather than a "They're sleeping safe".