Development News : Return of the bleeps

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Development News : Return of the bleeps

Post by Unas »

Development News
Return of the bleeps
Hello everyone !
New AAO update just released. :-)

New features:
  • Character voice bleeps are now properly synchronised with the typing speed. (ThePasch)
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed a bug caused by the previous fix to a bug causing pauses when a character’s sprite was updated. (Enthalpy)
    (Let's hope there is no need for another fix to that fix for the previous fix :-D)
  • Fixed German translation of the editor. (ThePaSch)
More changes are on their way, stay tuned for future updates :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
¿Acid Rain?
Spoken languages: English

Re: Development News : Return of the bleeps

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

Unas wrote:
  • Fixed a bug caused by the previous fix to a bug causing pauses when a character’s sprite was updated. (Enthalpy)
    (Let's hope there is no need for another fix to that fix for the previous fix :-D)
This was really irritating me. Thanks for getting on top of it so quickly!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

You're welcome.

I tested everything I could think of that could break this latest fix, so hopefully that is the last one.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
FioleeDS
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by FioleeDS »

omg thank you so much, that really bothered me.
i was playing my case and it just really surprised me that the beeps were synchronized so i came here and yes, you fixed it.
Thank you so fricking much :pearlhappy:
:april:
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Bleep!
Bleep bleep bleep :D !!
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

FioleeDS wrote:omg thank you so much, that really bothered me.
i was playing my case and it just really surprised me that the beeps were synchronized so i came here and yes, you fixed it.
Thank you so fricking much :pearlhappy:
Happy to hear it! You have ThePasch to thank for that one, and I'm optimistic that the next update will be able to generate as much excitement.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
ThePaSch
Spoken languages: English, German (native)

Post by ThePaSch »

I'm pretty positive that people will like the next update as well - though, in the name of tempering expectations: while the next update will likely be a juicy one, as of this point, we've had three updates in three weeks... and this rate of activity will likely not hold forever. Doesn't mean that there's going to be another two-year hiatus - we are still committed to keeping the project alive on a more consistent basis. But the frequency of updates will likely drop off somewhat.

At any rate, though - if there's a feature you'd really like to see come to AAO, pop over to the Comments and Ideas forum and let us know. Now is, perhaps, the best time to ask for new features and make new suggestions in over three years!
Reftan362
Spoken languages: Russian

Post by Reftan362 »

:objection: :phoenix:
The voice bleeps were gone.
Only heard some faint squeaks after a replica.

Am I the only one with this problem or not?

UPDATE

I figured out the problem.

:takethat:

Russian font after updating ceased to be perceived by the site and sounds of the voice over it was gone!
Please fix it. I don't want to rewrite all the lines into English because of this.
ThePaSch

Post by ThePaSch »

You are correct - cyrillic characters will indeed not play blips under the current code. I'll adjust the code to be more inclusive of non-Latin characters and submit a fix very soon; though at this point, it's not yet possible to say when exactly the next AAO update will be released.
Reftan362

Post by Reftan362 »

A month has passed. What have you been doing all month?
Cngg1234
Spoken languages: English

Post by Cngg1234 »

Any chance we're going to get AAI sprites soon? :calisto: :calisto: :calisto: :calisto: :calisto: :portsman: :portsman: :portsman: :portsman: :portsman:
Le sildГ©nafil est surtout connu comme traitement des interactions Г©rectiles, ce qui petit essai monocentrique sur hfpef ont signalГ© des effets marquГ©s qui soulignent la plus grande variance au sein du groupe observГ©e chez les hommes d'Гўge moyen..
Reftan362

Post by Reftan362 »

:takethat:
Would it be nice if the developers could add at least a "Logic Button"? And finally to correct the use of the Cyrillic alphabet...

:holdit:
Or... are they busy with something important?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

It's been a very hectic month for me, so I haven't had any time to put into AAO. I am hoping things will calm down after two more weeks. In answer to specific feature requests:
1. The changes to the text blips were ThePasch's project. You would have to ask him what the status of that is. The last I heard, it's been a very hectic month for him as well.
2. AAI (and AAI2) sprites should be doable, but I haven't looked into that. There's a feature I want coded before that, though.
3. An AAI logic feature is not something we do "at least". It would be nice to have, but coding it would be rather complicated.
ThePaSch

Post by ThePaSch »

I've been swarmed with work in recent weeks. The fix to the lack of bleeps for non-Latin characters should be relatively simple, but I simply haven't found the time to implement it yet. Please keep in mind that this is a volunteer project that none of the contributors see any penny for, and that any work on it is done in free time; currently, I'm more concerned with keeping a roof above my head and food on the table. I will get to it as soon as my timetable allows me, but for now, I must ask for just a little more patience. Sorry.
Reftan362

Post by Reftan362 »

Enthalpy wrote: An AAI logic feature is not something we do "at least". It would be nice to have, but coding it would be rather complicated.
:holdit:
Will "Logic" be implemented at all?