[E] Back button

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Sheika
Spoken languages: Español / English / Peux lire français

[E] Back button

Post by Sheika »

I'm sorry if my many posts are annoying. This time, I want to suggest something that I hope will be simple enough: Add the option to insert a "Back" button in any questioning action (or at least the evidence presentation), and make it so that we can set the button redirect to any frame we want.

First, because when used for its intended purpose (backing off of Magatama interrogations when we didn't have enough evidence), this option would give us the opportunity to add a few frames of text, or whatever else we can imagine, instead of just throwing the player back to the Talk menu.

Second, because that isn't its only use. Having this option would be a nifty way for players to opt out of presenting evidence or give a direct answer in the middle of a trial. And yes, I know you can make a "Back" piece of evidence that would fulfill the same role, but that is awkward and kills the presentation. I just think this would be a good thing to have.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Back button

Post by Enthalpy »

I'd need to look over the current code before commenting on the feasibility of this. I know there's some back button capabilities where psyche-locks are concerned, but I'd need to refresh my memory on what exactly those are.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson