Problem With Custom Music

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

PersonMan234
Spoken languages: English

Problem With Custom Music

Post by PersonMan234 »

Hello everyone, I've been having a weird problem with Custom Music.

While I can get it to play in my cases, sometimes the music just stops and I don't know why.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Problem With Custom Music

Post by Enthalpy »

Check for yourself the following two things:
* The custom music tracks you're using have a long block of silence.
* At some point in the trial, you have an instruction to stop playing the music that you didn't expect.

If neither of those two are the case, try to find a way to reproduce the problem consistently. After that, send me enough information that I can see the problem for myself.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

I have the first problem, I don't have the second one though.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

If there's silence in the music track itself, even outside AAO, then this isn't an AAO problem. Use a version of the track with the block of silence cut out. If you can't find one premade, you can make it yourself in a program like Audacity or WavePad.

If this silence is only a problem in AAO, then again, give me enough information so that I can reproduce this myself if I look at your trial. For example, what's the trial ID, which frame does the music start on, how long do you have to wait for the music to cut out?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for helping me out with this.

This is a problem only in AAO and is not present outside of it.

Trial ID - 113904

Music starts on these frames:

Sometimes the music cuts off midway and sometimes it doesn't play at all, I'm not sure about the specific times though.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Let's focus on the first track.

I can reproduce this. I notice that the first problem is caused by custom music. You have a few options here:
  • Move from Google Drive to some other music host.
  • Perhaps you're not providing the link correctly. I would open up other cases in the editor, see if they use music from Google Driver, and if they do, how they format the URL. You probably need to copy that formatting. Look at recent topics in the Your Trials section to find sample trials.
I will also warn you that using 14 minute extended versions of tracks is a good way to use a lot of bandwidth. If you use too much, Google might disable your ability to use them to host music for AAO (disable hotlinking). I suggest you use a shorter version of the track. You need to cut the original track so that it ends right, but AAO should be able to have the loop start from the right time.