[P] Help! An image to examine doesn't appear and I cannot continue with the game!

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Susy Rocketta
Spoken languages: Español - Ingles

[P] Help! An image to examine doesn't appear and I cannot continue with the game!

Post by Susy Rocketta »

Hi everyone :D

First of all, I want to say that I love this page and I have found amazing games, right now I'm playing a Diego Armando AU :godot: , which is Ace Attorney and Justice For All.

I'm literally going to the end of this wonderful game but there is a part where I cannot advance, because the image to examine doesn't appear and I need your help, please, I need to know how this game ends! please, I beg you! T_T

The part is on Diego Armando: Justice For All The Lost Turnabout Part 3 in the section of Gourd Lake :yogi: :lotta: :jake:

User Agent String: I'm using Windows and I play in Firefox browser
Link:http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=21725
What happened?: I got to the part where I have to examine Gourd Lake, but the image doesn't appear, the only click that allows me but the game says that I will not find anything there, so I must do more clicks but I cannot because there is no image

What did you expect to happen?: To find the evidence I am looking for or to give me a clue to continue advancing the case
Can you reproduce the problem?: It only appears when i continue the case

What did you do before the problem showed up?: Nothing, I was just playing the case
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: [P] Help! An image to examine doesn't appear and I cannot continue with the game!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hi Susy,

I get the impression the bug report thread is for issues with the service or forums themselves, rather than the games users have made.

As users are free to make their own games, they are responsible for any external content they upload. If an image isn't loading for you, it's possible the link to the image is no longer working. You might have to message the user who made the case and let them know. I had a play of the case and believe that is the issue. They look like they've used photobucket to host images, and for context, photobucket's changed their hosting rules a few years back which stops images appearing after a certain bandwidth has been exceeded.

So yeah, best bet is to message the person who made the case (Who is ghost_lines).
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [P] Help! An image to examine doesn't appear and I cannot continue with the game!

Post by Enthalpy »

SuperAj3 is right on all counts for this one. If the issue is with somebody's custom graphics, you need to talk to them. There's nothing that AAO developers can do.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Susy Rocketta

Post by Susy Rocketta »

Oh I understand, but beyond that the image doesn't appear, it's also the action, where I should click to advance, I really hope you could help me, please, could you even review it to see if something can be done? Thank you very much
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Okay, you need to be more specific about where exactly the bug is.

Save the game, then right click on the save, copy the URL, and paste it here. That's the surest way for me to find what part of the game you're talking about.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Susy Rocketta

Post by Susy Rocketta »

Alright! :larry: Thank you very much! :pearlhappy: Here is the exact part where the problem is http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial ... g4NTgzMn19

I hope it can be solved because many people are playing this game and I really want to know what the end of this wonderful story is :godot: :diego:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

The problem here is especially simple, so I've fixed it. For what you need, you can resume playing the game.

I had to use my moderator (technically "game admin") powers to edit the trial data to fix this. In case anybody is concerned about this, let me explain in more detail:
Unas has set up AAO so that certain users are marked as "admins" over specific languages. As the head moderator and head of the QA team, I am an "admin" over English. This means that I have all the permissions on English trials that the author has. That's a lot of power, and I only ever use that for valid moderator reasons. There's not an official list of valid moderator reasons because sometimes unexpected corner cases show up. This is one of them.

There's a broken image in the case, and the broken image is... actually one of the built-in images. This is a v5-era trial, and v5 doesn't support using internal links for "Ask player to point to an area". You had to copy-paste the AAO URL. So when the AAO domain changed years ago, the link broke, and it was no longer possible to click on the right area. So now, clicking just sends you to the default instead. In this case, we have a game-breaking bug, and there is no question about what behavior the author intended. I just updated the external link to match the domain change. While this does involve editing the trial data, this is a clear case of restoring the intended behavior when the original author is unavailable. That, I'm willing to do.

This does not extend to me performing more extensive edits of other peoples' cases without their permission.
Susy Rocketta

Post by Susy Rocketta »

I can continue playing! :larry: Thank you very much for your help! :pearlhappy: What you did was amazing! But now I have a question, part 3 is over and the finale did not pass, which makes me suppose that part 4 is missing, however, when I right-click the page, I click on "Page information" and go In the "media" section, I see sprites that did not appear in the part I played :judge: , that is, part 3. Why is that? Could it be that I can continue advancing in that same part 3? :pearl: I hope you can solve my question, thank you :godot:
Last edited by Susy Rocketta on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

What browser are you using?
Susy Rocketta

Post by Susy Rocketta »

Thank you for continuing to answer me :pearlhappy: and I use the Firefox browser :larry:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

With apologies for the late reply -

These "extra" sprites do not mean that you can continue to Part 4 from Part 3. To continue from Part 3 to Part 4, you need a a "Go to next part" action, which the author did not seem to have created for this page. Extra sprites won't change that.

What the "extra" sprites mean isntead is that the author selected sprites that just weren't used in this part. For instance, Franziska's prosectuor sprites are loaded because Franziska is a character, even if they're not actually used in this part.