Trails Series/Legend of Heroes Resources for Backgrounds and Sprite Art Resources

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

keyz05
Spoken languages: English

Trails Series/Legend of Heroes Resources for Backgrounds and Sprite Art Resources

Post by keyz05 »

I am looking for sprite art and backgrounds for the Trails series if anybody is willing to share them. I am also looking for background art for settings and crime scenes from Crossbell, Liberl, Erebonia, Remiferia, and Calvard.

I am also looking for character sprites from the defense bench. From main characters such as Estelle Bright, Joshua Bright (co-council), Rean Schwarzer, Kevin Graham, Lloyd Bannings, Tio Plato (co-council), Cassius Bright, and Sara Valestein (co-council). As well as all the Trails characters and OCs as well to be as front sprite resources too. I am also looking for OC Zemurian Prosecutors as well.

Any voice clips are helpful. Especially for the "Hold it!", "Objection!", and "Take That!" as well.

Trails Series (c) Nihon Falcom Corporation
applekitty

Re: Trails Series/Legend of Heroes Resources for Backgrounds and Sprite Art Resources

Post by applekitty »

Hi there. I'm not sure if that game is a 'AA sim' at all (genuinely never heard of it until this post), so are you looking for direct game rips or for fan-made stuff? If you have the game yourself you can try to make the character sprites from the bench yourself by moving the camera into the right place then taking a screen recording, preferably infront of a green wall if possible, then chroma-keying.
ImageImageImage
keyz05

Re: Trails Series/Legend of Heroes Resources for Backgrounds and Sprite Art Resources

Post by keyz05 »

I am looking for both game-rips and fan made content from all of the characters in Zemuria from the Trails series. I don’t own the games, so it’s impossible to chroma-key any characters with it as well.
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

Best of luck.
ImageImageImage
Sheika
Spoken languages: Español / English / Peux lire français

Post by Sheika »

I'll be honest with you... You won't get any of these unless you make them yourself, or you pay someone (and handsomely) for them. Ace Attorney and Trails in the Sky have vastly different visual formats, so the only way to create AA-appropriate spritework on these characters is to make it from scratch. This is one hell of a task — not anyone can do it, and it will take months to complete at the shortest.

With that said, I'm glad to see a fellow Trails fan around here! ^^
keyz05

Post by keyz05 »

MegaFan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:52 am I'll be honest with you... You won't get any of these unless you make them yourself, or you pay someone (and handsomely) for them. Ace Attorney and Trails in the Sky have vastly different visual formats, so the only way to create AA-appropriate spritework on these characters is to make it from scratch. This is one hell of a task — not anyone can do it, and it will take months to complete at the shortest.

At least share me ways to make the sprites myself or find me any sprite collaborators who can help me with one set.
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

My suggestion, if you've never sprited before, would be to check out this thread. It's a pretty good tutorial. Just find an ace attorney character who would work as a decent base for whichever character you're trying to make, and then go from there.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

keyz05 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:43 am
MegaFan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:52 am I'll be honest with you... You won't get any of these unless you make them yourself, or you pay someone (and handsomely) for them. Ace Attorney and Trails in the Sky have vastly different visual formats, so the only way to create AA-appropriate spritework on these characters is to make it from scratch. This is one hell of a task — not anyone can do it, and it will take months to complete at the shortest.

At least share me ways to make the sprites myself or find me any sprite collaborators who can help me with one set.
Okay hi, I'm not really one to insert myself into situations like this but I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've seen you be rude to people on here so.

Keep in mind that with your original post, you are already asking a lot - which by itself isn't a bad thing, but counting at the very least 8 full sets of front sprites, 1 set of prosecutor sprites, and 5 different backgrounds, that could easily clock in at over $1,000 - if not several thousand dollars - worth of art assets, accounting for usual commission rates and time spent working by the artists that made these things.
You are asking for these things for free. Again, it's not bad to just throw a question out there and ask, but the likelihood of someone in a niche fandom having made fanworks of another niche fandom that just so happen to be usable in the context of the first niche fandom is approaching zero to begin with - and the amount of time that would need to be spent making this much art would easily go into the hundreds of hours. (For reference, a single base sprite can easily take multiple hours.)
With this in mind, unless you somehow come into contact with someone who is equally into both of these fandoms and just so happens to have the artistic prerequisite to create these pieces for your project, AND who is willing to spend that much time making art for a passion project that isn't theirs, your two options are: 1. Save up the money and commission somebody, and 2. Learn how to do pixel art and make it yourself. That is what MegaFan here has articulated. This is reasonable, sound advice that is presumably only meant to help you reach a goal that is important to you.

To respond to such helpful advice - that was accompanied by a friendly message appreciating your presence here, no less - with a demand that this random Internet stranger also take time out of their day to find you resources that you can just search this website for yourself is unproductive at best and flat-out insulting at worst. You are not owed anything by people that reply to your posts. As a human that exists within a society with ethics, you do not breach those ethics and act entitled to someone who didn't owe you the time of day to even speak to you in the first place. Unless you want to be seen as decidedly unpleasant and have people constantly avoiding you, you do not demand that people help you with things, especially when there is no agreement in place that they are to do that.

Find your sprite collaborators yourself. Learn how to sprite yourself. There are a plentiful amount of resources available both in the stickied threads here, and on Court-Records, and across the Internet.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
keyz05

Post by keyz05 »

risefromtheashes wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:40 am
keyz05 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:43 am

Okay hi, I'm not really one to insert myself into situations like this but I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've seen you be rude to people on here so.

Keep in mind that with your original post, you are already asking a lot - which by itself isn't a bad thing, but counting at the very least 8 full sets of front sprites, 1 set of prosecutor sprites, and 5 different backgrounds, that could easily clock in at over $1,000 - if not several thousand dollars - worth of art assets, accounting for usual commission rates and time spent working by the artists that made these things.
You are asking for these things for free. Again, it's not bad to just throw a question out there and ask, but the likelihood of someone in a niche fandom having made fanworks of another niche fandom that just so happen to be usable in the context of the first niche fandom is approaching zero to begin with - and the amount of time that would need to be spent making this much art would easily go into the hundreds of hours. (For reference, a single base sprite can easily take multiple hours.)
With this in mind, unless you somehow come into contact with someone who is equally into both of these fandoms and just so happens to have the artistic prerequisite to create these pieces for your project, AND who is willing to spend that much time making art for a passion project that isn't theirs, your two options are: 1. Save up the money and commission somebody, and 2. Learn how to do pixel art and make it yourself. That is what MegaFan here has articulated. This is reasonable, sound advice that is presumably only meant to help you reach a goal that is important to you.

To respond to such helpful advice - that was accompanied by a friendly message appreciating your presence here, no less - with a demand that this random Internet stranger also take time out of their day to find you resources that you can just search this website for yourself is unproductive at best and flat-out insulting at worst. You are not owed anything by people that reply to your posts. As a human that exists within a society with ethics, you do not breach those ethics and act entitled to someone who didn't owe you the time of day to even speak to you in the first place. Unless you want to be seen as decidedly unpleasant and have people constantly avoiding you, you do not demand that people help you with things, especially when there is no agreement in place that they are to do that.

Find your sprite collaborators yourself. Learn how to sprite yourself. There are a plentiful amount of resources available both in the stickied threads here, and on Court-Records, and across the Internet.
I regrettably apologize for my rude behavior. I understand that the cost for one set for Trails character sprites is pricy. So I will take your advice into effect. It's been a pleasure.