AAO Sprite Hospital (Searching patients)

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

apollojustice13
Spoken languages: English

Re: AAO Sprite Hospital (Searching patients)

Post by apollojustice13 »

I have a new patient here, it has been a while since anyone posted on this thread so hopefully someone will see this... I mainly just need animation but if you wish to fix it up and stuff too be my guest.

http://s484.photobucket.com/user/apollo ... obin%20Law
wwwoomy

Help with custom sprite....(Shading problems)?

Post by wwwoomy »

So here I am again asking another silly question.This is my first sprite so of course it doesn't look the greatest since I only used a reference picture. I am having trouble shading her bows, they just look wrong to me. Sorry if this is a stupid question or if I'm posting in the wrong section. I really am sorry. Does an advanced or more experienced spriter have any tips? (Also this is an unfinished sprite and that's why I have alot of blank spaces, stray pixels, messed up looking sleeves, and some (haha alot) of flat colors)

My unfinished sprite: Image

My reference: Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Three points:

1) Merged into here. Art help topics belong in the art forum; Help and Support is for using the forums or the editor or the player.

2) With my decidedly unexpert eyes, you seem to be using blacks that are too dark. Look at AA sprites with a lot of black in them, Detective Luke Atmey, Olga Orly, or Justine Courtney/Hakari Mikagami, for a reference of what kind of black palette you should be using.

3) Most importantly, Sakura is better, Nohrian scum good luck with the project this is for! Is it Fire Emblem themed, or are you just using the sprite?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
wwwoomy

Post by wwwoomy »

Thanks! Also hehe I'm doing a Fire Emblem themed trial in the future hopefully..
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

oh god i have to update this thread and fix it

Well, I decided to help you with this, I really like Elise as a character, so it was also a bit of a personal thing.
You can use it, edit it or whatever with credit.
wwwoomy

Post by wwwoomy »

Oh my god! This is beautiful! Thank you sooooo sooo much! Hehe I guess I should start out with grass tiles and the fundementals of pixel art before attempting to tackle something as large as an Ace Attorney sprite! (Gosh I'm a bit embarassed.) Thank you again :)))))
mercurialSK

Post by mercurialSK »

wwwoomy wrote:Oh my god! This is beautiful! Thank you sooooo sooo much! Hehe I guess I should start out with grass tiles and the fundementals of pixel art before attempting to tackle something as large as an Ace Attorney sprite! (Gosh I'm a bit embarassed.) Thank you again :)))))
The fundamentals are nice but AA sprites aside from the AAI minis aren't really strictly pixel art, they're more illustration with extra clean-up work at the end XD At your level I recommend looking into learning how to see light work instead (maybe here). I like the way you started it with the thresholding. Good luck for that trial :larry:
Hesseldahl wrote:oh god i have to update this thread and fix it

Well, I decided to help you with this, I really like Elise as a character, so it was also a bit of a personal thing.
Did you redraw everything, Hessehl? This fixed version lost a lot of the qualities I liked about the original..
Backlog: v6 Perceive generator, Apollo, everything else (My thread)
Someday, on AAO™: Chris Tenson: Ace Attorney & A Turnabout Called Justice (pt 2)
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

omg Elise

Elise is bae <3

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hesseldahl wrote:oh god i have to update this thread and fix it

Looks good! I don't think her hair has purple ribbon spiralling around though. I think her hair is curled around in a coil.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

mercurialSK wrote: Did you redraw everything, Hessehl? This fixed version lost a lot of the qualities I liked about the original..
Yes I did :chew:
SuperAj3 wrote: Looks good! I don't think her hair has purple ribbon spiralling around though. I think her hair is curled around in a coil.
A coil?
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Now mind you, I dove straight into AA-pixel art, so for a beginner's sprite, that's pretty good. And while I agree with Merc that you should learn how light works, it's fine to approach the pixel-art from a pixel-by-pixel style, since really, the difference of effect isn't going to be much difference if you do it right. (And you were doing pretty all right, that face is superb.)

I can't help much, since my mouse is wonky, but I definitely think you should pursue finishing the outline you have. It's a good exercise in learning how to do pixel-art.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

SuperAj3 wrote: Looks good! I don't think her hair has purple ribbon spiralling around though. I think her hair is curled around in a coil.
I thought the same thing, but looking closely on the official art, there IS a faint purple... something there. I can't tell if it's a ribbon or just an odd hair stripe or something, but let's just say it's a ribbon. Hess just made the color darker than it is in the art.
Glen Elg

Post by Glen Elg »

VonKarmaPride wrote:...is this still a thing? I need a bit of tiny help on a set of sprites.
Spoiler : Le sprites :
Image ImageImageImageImage
The first two aren't even centered for use on the editor because I haven't needed them yet, and the last one doesn't have a talking sprite yet, but for my purposes, it's good enough so far. I'm working on making a lot more sprites for her, but I want to get the case done first, since these three sprites are technically enough. This character is, however, supposed to be very expressive, so I really need to start making more sprites... *small self-reminder* You probably can't see anything (else) wrong with them except for a few stray pixels, but when I put them into the editor, she shifts to the side slightly after she's done talking. I think it's just a small centering issue, but I can't fix it... Help?
Your blinking sprite needs to be moved one pixel to the right; I put the animations in layers in Paint.NET, and I also overlayed the official sprite from Court-Records, and the official sprite's positioning matches up with the talking sprite, but not with the blinking sprite. So for the set that hasn't been placed into a 256x192 sprite yet, I'd get the official sprite and line it up in separate layers.

Also, just out of curiosity, is this character supposed to not be Franziska? If it isn't her, I'd work a lot more on making her look different from Franziska, because if it's too similar, it'll be hard to establish her as a different character. Your changes so far are a really nice quality, though, so definitely keep going with this! Hope this helped!
256 Pi

Post by 256 Pi »

Hello, I have returned and I might need some more help fixing up a sprite. So, I was working on fixing up some older Pearl sprites for my case series, tried tackling a new pose in co-council and... I think I may need some help on it.

Here's a decent-looking Pearl co-council pose as a sample:
Spoiler : :
Things got a little complicated, though, when I attempted to make a sprite of her facing off to the side. I at least got something vaguely resembling what I wanted but it just does not look right to me.
Spoiler : :
Like, it looked like her head shrunk, and I wasn't 100% sure about her arms, and since I still can't really scratch sprite I used Mia's head as a base, and as a result she looks a little more like Mia than Pearl. Could be that I'm just psyching myself out, but my spriting skills are still very limited and this is about the best I could do. I figure this is best left up to somebody who knows what they're doing, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sheika
Spoken languages: Español / English / Peux lire français

Post by Sheika »

This is clearly not active anymore, but I hope my request is simple enough to be granted xD It's this:

Make the edges nicer to look at, make their color palletes more consistent with each other, and make her mouth and eyes move. No further poses needed at the moment.

Edit:

Thank you in advance if anyone takes it ^^