Restoring Old Posts

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Restoring Old Posts

Post by DLA »

I'm not strictly sure if this goes here since this is a forum question rather than an editor question, but it's the only place I feel makes sense to ask. A while back I went on a bit of an editing spree getting rid of embarrassing old RP posts and replacing the text with just "Deleted." I can see the amount of times I edited the posts, but no way to go back and look at previous versions, and was hoping to restore some of them if possible. Is there a way I can look at the past versions and restore them myself, would that require mod assistance, or are they lost to time?
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Restoring Old Posts

Post by Enthalpy »

As far as I'm aware, they're lost to time. I can't view the old versions of the posts, and I have no reason to believe they're still in the database.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Darn, thanks anyway.

Edit: Did a bit of digging online and found that this seems to be a bit of a recurring issue with phpBB forums. Most sources I'm finding say that the posts in question are probably lost unless there's a backup available from that point, which would be around December 2015 in this case.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Unas might have such a thing, but I don't expect him to have the time to go digging for them. Sorry.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson