[T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ★

Post by drvonkitty »

Sheika wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:52 pm
Spoiler : :
But didn't Thalassa previously give the brooch to Phoenix? It should have been with Phoenix's belongings.[spoiler]
That was a lie: she claims that she gave it to him in her first CE, but Apollo objects because of the fact that Phoenix didn't have his personal belongings. If she had given him the brooch, he never would have brought it into the theater.

Sheika
Spoken languages: Español / English / Peux lire français

Post by Sheika »

Oh, my mistake, sorry x,D
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

No worries! In retrospect, I probably wouldn't have even had that CE in the first place. At the time, we were (ironically) worried about length & pacing being too fast. :side:
The reason she lies (and the purpose of that CE) is that Thalassa is trying to avoid placing herself at the theater, because she knows the information she has about the rehearsal would be (and is) incredibly damaging to Trucy. That's not revealed until the end of Thalassa's section, so I get how it could be confusing.

drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

We're coming up on the one year (!!!) anniversary of ATCJ's release. I've been thinking about livestreaming a playthrough with some 'developer commentary' where I talk about the process of writing & releasing the case, plus my general experience with fangames in the past 10 (!!!) years. Not sure if that's something anyone would be interested in? I'd also upload to YouTube after the fact.

in case anyone's wondering, i stream as a cat vtuber on twitch now lmao

Igniam

Post by Igniam »

do it lol :)
Sheika
Spoken languages: Español / English / Peux lire français

Post by Sheika »

I'd be very interested on that!
Sonnie Celanna

Post by Sonnie Celanna »

Just played this over the last two nights. Solid 8/10 for me, I loved it.

Would probably be higher but sadly it was super glitchy for me if Instant Text Typing wasn't in, with beeping that didn't end until like six seconds after the text box stopped typing, was completely out of time and kept cutting off the music.

So I lost a lot of the timed frames to Instant Text Typing. It was still a great case though.
S. Cel :april: :pearlhappy:
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Sonnie Celanna wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:32 pm Just played this over the last two nights. Solid 8/10 for me, I loved it.

Would probably be higher but sadly it was super glitchy for me if Instant Text Typing wasn't in, with beeping that didn't end until like six seconds after the text box stopped typing, was completely out of time and kept cutting off the music.

So I lost a lot of the timed frames to Instant Text Typing. It was still a great case though.
Thanks for playing! Glad you enjoyed it :D

That... sounds like something on AAO's end to me. You might want to post something in the bug reports forum, especially if you can recreate it across cases. ATCJ-wise, could be high frame count, but my general experience has been that it's much more editor-intensive than player-intensive. SVG files maybe, though those are supported on both modern Chrome and Firefox.

Did you play on Chrome? I've almost never used Chrome for AAO, but I was testing it the other day and had some similar glitches with lag in timing of animations & audio. I've been meaning to report it but haven't had the chance to poke around with it. I just ran the first dozen or so frames of ATCJ part 2 on Chrome and, while not as bad you described, I definitely noticed a weird lag to some of the animations and audio. My initial impression is that frame timers might be lagging? Not 100% sure yet.

If you played on Firefox, then I have no idea unless it's a browser extension or your specific hardware.

(Semi-related, but playing AAO on Chrome really makes the difference in text timing stand out to me. I've gotten so used to Firefox's slower typing that Chrome text typing feels lightning fast, lol.)

TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

That sounds like what happens when you try playing on mobile, which isn’t supported.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Sonnie Celanna

Post by Sonnie Celanna »

I played it on Mozilla Firefox. I literally downloaded Firefox for it actually. I don't know if your in the Ace Attorney Case Developers discord server but if you are, I did post my experience there so there might be more clues in that.

All I know is i downloaded Firefox, said "Allow media and audio" and went off to play it properly, even though I usually prefer Chrome, since I wanted to do it properly.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Sonnie Celanna wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:27 am I played it on Mozilla Firefox. I literally downloaded Firefox for it actually. I don't know if your in the Ace Attorney Case Developers discord server but if you are, I did post my experience there so there might be more clues in that.

All I know is i downloaded Firefox, said "Allow media and audio" and went off to play it properly, even though I usually prefer Chrome, since I wanted to do it properly.
I don't know then—it's still running fine for me on the latest version of Firefox. It looks like this also happened during the investigation which means it's probably not the frame count either. I saw you recorded a video, so I'd recommend you post that on the bug reports forum, especially if you run into the problem again on other cases.

I'm afraid this is beyond me to fix otherwise. Sorry to hear this issue subtracted from your playthrough!

Sonnie Celanna

Post by Sonnie Celanna »

Will do, if I run into it elsewhere. Don't want to report just yet in case it turns out to be a one off for some reason.
Msipp26

Post by Msipp26 »

so everyone's just gonna ignore that the lines were originally checked at 6:03, which is after the rehearsal, then? it's an obvious contradiction, like they should either be smugded or in the wrong place by then.
:dekiller:
just a guy with a lot of ideas but who isn't very good at executing them.

THERE ARE MYSTERIES OTHER THAN LOCKED ROOMS, YOU GUYS. NOT EVERY CASE HAS TO BE A LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY.

comment "Danganronpa chapter 3" on any trial with more than one murder