[T][CE] The Strange Case Of The Turnabout ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

XavierWright
Spoken languages: English

[T][CE] The Strange Case Of The Turnabout ○

Post by XavierWright »

The Strange Case Of The Turnabout
Synopsis:
Spoiler : :
A Defense Attorney from the United Kingdom, John Utterson, has come to Los Angeles to visit his childhood friend, Dr. Henry Jekyll. During John's visit, Henry gets caught up in a murder case, in which the victim is part of a dangerous gang. But here's the catch: Jekyll has reason to believe that he may be guilty of the crime. And with a mysterious serial killer being thrown into the mix, the case goes further than the murder of a gangster.
Screenshots:
Credits:
Note: This list only for part 1 and the flashback trial.
Based off 'The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'.
John Utterson - Puzzles Enigma by GotMLK7
Henry Jekyll - Lei Velind by Lind
Cole Linehalt - Leon Terra by FenrirDarkWolf
Rene Vokas - Charles Demafia by Lind
Susato Mikotoba - Ana
Ryunosuke Naruhodo - Ana
Harlow Deefus - Remiel Alikzander by Dypo
Elizabeth White - DragonTrainer
U.K. Attorney's Badge - AquaAce72
Reminiscence ~ The Fall of Ryunosuke Naruhodo - Undertale ~ An Ending
Playtesters: risefromtheashes, ikuzonos
Links:
Investigation: http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=141944
Flashback Trial: http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=142453
Trial Former: TBA
Trial Latter: TBA
Last edited by XavierWright on Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
XavierWright

Re: [T][CE] The Strange Case Of The Turnabout

Post by XavierWright »

Haven't been working on this for the past few days since I've been really sick. But I'm feeling a bit better now, so I'll get back to work as soon as I can. I thought you guys could have this in the mean time.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: [T][CE] The Strange Case Of The Turnabout ○

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Finished going through what's been released so far, it has a nice vibe and I look forward to seeing what you do with the Jekyll and Hyde story. Always fun to see what people do with well-known stories to play around with expectations and such. Just wanted to make a quick note of something that stuck out to me.
It really feels like Susato should have some kind of unique reaction other than the standard "other evidence" conversation if you try to present the newspaper to her early. Maybe something like John considering presenting it, but changing his mind for whatever reason, if you want to go the minimum effort route to make sure the talk conversations still go normally.

Thanks for making.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

I am here to make a BOLD PREDICTION. Don't click for SPOILERINOS.
Obviously, the case is using the twist in the original book of Jekyll and Hyde being the same person (which these days is a twist so well known that it kinda suffers from the "It Was His Sled" effect) to set up our expectations that the same will happen here. And y'know, I think it's entirely plausible that Jekyll might suffer from DID, but I'm predicting that's going to be a red herring, and that the real Edward Hyde will be Horatio. Because he's using Gant's sprites, and you can say that Gant is Edward Hyde and I wouldn't bat an eye. Besides, Hyde seems to have a hatred towards criminals, so who better to be a criminal-killing serial killer than a member of the force?
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Spongesonic wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:58 pm I am here to make a BOLD PREDICTION. Don't click for SPOILERINOS.
Obviously, the case is using the twist in the original book of Jekyll and Hyde being the same person (which these days is a twist so well known that it kinda suffers from the "It Was His Sled" effect) to set up our expectations that the same will happen here. And y'know, I think it's entirely plausible that Jekyll might suffer from DID, but I'm predicting that's going to be a red herring, and that the real Edward Hyde will be Horatio. Because he's using Gant's sprites, and you can say that Gant is Edward Hyde and I wouldn't bat an eye. Besides, Hyde seems to have a hatred towards criminals, so who better to be a criminal-killing serial killer than a member of the force?
DAMN IT SPOILERINOS!

jk I playtested this I wasn't spoiled. That's a good prediction, but it unfortunately wasn't very bold or it would've looked like this angry face emoji
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Spongesonic wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:58 pm I am here to make a BOLD PREDICTION. Don't click for SPOILERINOS.
A very bold prediction indeed. You'll have to see once the rest of the case is done.

On that note, the flashback trial portion is completed.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I take it you plan to publish it with the following two parts, then?
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Once the rest is completed, yes, I will publish the rest of it.
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Since I've been getting lazy with finishing this case recently, I've made the flashback portion of the case available to play. Enjoy.