[T][PyWright] A New World Of Turnabouts

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

XavierWright
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][PyWright] A New World Of Turnabouts

Post by XavierWright »

AshuraMage wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:20 am Finally finished and I must say, this case is pretty good!

I didn't play the original AAO version, so I can't say if this is an upgrade from it or not, so I am going to trust Xavier and say that this is a big improvement over the original.
Spoiler : Review :
The story and the mysteries are pretty good, I liked all the characters, even though I didn't quite understood why the main ones are all canon characters, but some others, like the defendant and the defense in the trial 12 years ago were custom characters, but np with this, just a minor confusion.

The music choices were pretty good, I didn't had a single moment were I felt "It would be better if THAT song was playing instead" or "Why would you use that track? It doesn't fit the game at all!", so, you got a point there.

One thing I would like to criticize is that Daniel really didn't had a big moment there, like, in both trials Parkly is carrying him, even when we aren't playing as him. I hoped he would got his big moment in the final, after retracting his guilty plea, but no, Parkly did everything again.

In the end, I would give this a 7/10, pretty enjoyable experience, good characters and nice mysteries. :pearlhappy:
Ah, thank you very much! I really appreciate the review.
Spoiler : :
As for the main characters using Canon sprites, funnnnny story.
Like I said, the original AAO version wasn't very good. However, the OG AAO Version wasn't originally supposed to be as long as it was. It was originally going to be a single trial called 'The Schooled Turnabout', something I could use this to test what i learnt in AAO.

And at that time, I had no idea that the art forums existed, so I used canon character sprites. And even after I discovered the art forums... I feel like using those sprites felt fun to me, so I kept going with it.
(Also, it was funny to watch Markus be mistaken for Phoenix.)

As for Daniel not getting any big moments... Well, I'm sorry. I generally consider him retracting his 'Guilty' plea his big moment, cause its when he finally frees himself. But hey, I suppose what constitutes a big moment is a matter of subjective opinion.

Thank you for your feedback nonetheless!
Mosy

Post by Mosy »

Quite the fun case! :)
Question though, did you write this case on this website AAONLINE or in Pywrite itself?
If you did write it on this site, how did you download your case into files format :o
thank you!!
Live life as you enjoy it, pal!- :objection:
I guess not...
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Thank you for playing!
The case was originally made in the AAO Editor. However, one day I looked at it and decided that there is so much i could've done better.
So, I remade the whole thing from scratch in PyWright itself (of course, there are large differences from the original, but since I took down the links, you probably won't see those differences.)
Hope this answers your question!
Mosy

Post by Mosy »

That's some great dedication!! thank you :)
It turned out awesome <3
Live life as you enjoy it, pal!- :objection:
I guess not...