AAO Bucket Lists

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TimeAxis
Spoken languages: English

AAO Bucket Lists

Post by TimeAxis »

What are some AAO projects you guys really want to finish at some point?

For me, in addition to finishing my Super Mystery Wars project eventually, I really want to do a mecha themed case at some point. I’ve been cooking up designs for a prosecutor based on a lot of mecha anime tropes, and I feel like it’s something that could fit right at home in Ace Attorney. The challenge is just that it would require so much in the way of custom graphics and animations, but I hope to be able to do it some day.

There’s also a Zero Escape-like project I’ve been working on with a couple other people, which I look forward to being able to release at some point.

Interested to hear if anyone else has their own sort of “AAO bucket list”.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: AAO Bucket Lists

Post by GuardianDreamer »

For me it's less that I have an "AAO bucket list" and more that I just have a bunch of random ideas floating around in my brain, and AAO is one method in which I might communicate them. Or I might not, a lot of those stories don't really work well for AAO.

I've mentioned before that I wanted to make a tokusatsu-themed trial, and I've been thinking about whether it'd suit AAO or not. Like with a lot of things, the main limitation is that it would require custom assets I don't have, or to write around them and find another way to communicate the story as it exists in my head. And of course, some part of me thinks I should just use some other method to tell the story. Who knows what'll end up happening.

Part of me really wants to do a remake or a reimagining of my very oldest trial stuff, though I'm kind of ho-hum about it since I tend to favor creating new things. But at the same time, a reimagining of those old stories would involve me basically making a new story since I've changed a lot as a writer, so who knows. All of this rambling to just say "who knows, the future is weird a lot".
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

My "bucket list" at the moment basically consists of progressing in any of the 5 or so trials I've started, so nothing that creative here.
Some *have* stalled because they're poorly thought out, but I've got a lot of things that really only need some time for me to buckle down and write.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Finishing my Colton's Wild World comp entry is number 1 at the moment.

Re-evaluating if I continue my fangame or just pivot to more AAO cases is another thing I need to consider. Depending on my answer I'll either add finishing my fangame, or expanding on my current stories.

I also have make more OCs on the list. I'm also wanting to reach out to people who are still active to see if any more sprite sets can be added to the OC doc. It feels a bit like preservation at this stage, I've found so many from users who have left and IDK how to contact them.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

There are like three or four cases on my bucket list that I started and never got back to lmfao.

Other than that, I have plans for a rewrite of Final Fantasy IX, a Danganronpa-like project, and a kind of psychological deep-dive story.

I will almost definitely not get all of these done in my lifetime, but it would be good to at least have one of them completely scripted and published. Regardless of whether it comes in text form or as a playable game.

(Post written by Ashley)
Last edited by risefromtheashes on Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
clcman
Spoken languages: English

Post by clcman »

*Deep Breath*
Spoiler : It would be nice to finish :
- A Pre-Emptive Turnabout (alternate universe version of the AA1)
- That Turnabout Where The Defendant Is The Murderer and its sequel That Turnabout Where The Murderer Killed The Victim (ludicrous comedy cases about an unlucky defense attorney)
- HTB! (fantastical meme fodder)
- A Web of Turnabouts* (the source of all of the Evilthena sprites)
- And Then There Were Turnabouts (Edgeworth stuck in a murder house with branching paths and meaningful choices)
- The Book of Turnabouts (Mia and Young Edgeworth forced to work together to solve an unfair mystery)
- The Ransomed Turnabout (a snarky P.I. investigates a kidnapping)
- The BASEic Turnabout** (SCP Foundation meets Among Us)
- The Turnabouts Grimm (Hobo Phoenix gets drawn into a 20-year-old missing person case)
- A Less BASEic Turnabout (a woman falls to her death and then seemingly resurrects)
- The Curse of Turnabouts’ Time (four intersecting crimes over 30 years and four protagonists)
- The New Guy (old-school adventure game featuring an unlucky I.T. guy and his therapy A.I.)
- Don’t Resort to a Turnabout (a suspiciously Scottish case starts tearing itself apart in beta-testing)
*not to be confused with drvonkitty’s A Web of Turnabouts
**not to be confused with The Based Turnabout
Spoiler : And then start and finish :
- Circling the Turnabout (a prosecutor subs in for another one and finds their case falling apart)
- Turnabout Endgame (an epilogue case to Dual Destinies)
- Turnabout of the Night (the Batman pre-emtively pursues a killer)
- Also a Zero Escape thing that doesn't have a name
Spoiler : In slightly more realistic terms :
I'd like to get That Turnabout Where The Murderer Killed The Victim, A Less BASEic Turnabout, The New Guy and The Book of Turnabouts done for sure;

A Web of Turnabouts (necessarily renamed), The Ransomed Turnabout, The BASEic Turnabout, That Turnabout Where The Defendant Is The Murderer, and the fixed-up A Pre-Emptive Turnabout are stretch goals;

The Turnabouts Grimm, And Then There Were Turnabouts, HTB!, and The Curse of Turnabouts' Time are fairly unlikely at this point.

(I'm not sure where Don't Resort to a Turnabout is in the rankings at the moment - probably the middle category.)
...Look, I've been kicking this bucket around for a LONG time. Stuff has built up.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Just one more post in the Endless Time RP thread ;P
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK