[M]Steering the Ship

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

keepthebeat929
Spoken languages: English

[M]Steering the Ship

Post by keepthebeat929 »

Hello,

While work continues on my main project (Overcaffeinated: An Ace Attorney Story), I was inspired to construct a miniseries that puts into visual form some short scenarios showcasing three "ships" within the AA universe that speak to me, one of which is a canon ship, the other two are not: Phoenix & Iris, Apollo & Maya, and Athena & Klavier.

Some creative liberties are taken in establishing scenarios for them to meet, but are meant to theoretically fit into canon.

Phoenix & Iris (includes T&T spoilers): https://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=145088&debug
Spoiler : :
Exploring how I believe their first day together, following Iris' release from prison, would go. The time frame is semi-fluid, but is meant to take place sometime during or after the AJ Trilogy. (Tone: sweet and sincere)
Apollo & Maya (includes SoJ spoilers): https://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=145084&debug
My take on how a date between them would go. Takes place following the events of Spirit of Justice. (Tone: earnest and candid)
Athena & Klavier (includes minor T&T spoiler... yes, I said T&T): https://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=145102&debug
My take on how a date between them would go. Takes place shortly after the events of 5-3. (Tone: crisp and humorous)
I hope you enjoy these as much as I had fun making them. Take care, everyone.
Last edited by keepthebeat929 on Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awsome2464

Re: [M]Steering the Ship

Post by Awsome2464 »

These were some pretty great, sweet, wholesome short stories! Well done!
Image Image
keepthebeat929

Post by keepthebeat929 »

Awsome2464 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:52 pm These were some pretty great, sweet, wholesome short stories! Well done!
Thank you, very much. Wholesomeness is the exact thing I was going for, so that's really validating for me to read.
casewriter

Post by casewriter »

I'm not really into shipping, but this was pretty great. The characters acted exactly like themselves as they were in the games, and I especially liked Athena and Klavier sharing a lot of German language together. Your writing is clearly your strongest suit. I also noticed that your editing in fade-ins and fade outs and such have gotten better, and are more automatic. Just a lot of improvement all around, which is welcome. I'm excited for the rest of Overcaffeinated, but this is a great few stories.
keepthebeat929

Post by keepthebeat929 »

casewriter wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:26 pm I'm not really into shipping, but this was pretty great. The characters acted exactly like themselves as they were in the games, and I especially liked Athena and Klavier sharing a lot of German language together. Your writing is clearly your strongest suit. I also noticed that your editing in fade-ins and fade outs and such have gotten better, and are more automatic. Just a lot of improvement all around, which is welcome. I'm excited for the rest of Overcaffeinated, but this is a great few stories.
I really appreciate that, thanks for taking the time to watch. As with my other project, my highest priorities were replicating the AA "feel", and portraying the characters accurately, so to get those "wins" and put together something that people like is really satisfying.

These two projects have highlighted for me that my writing style is better suited to these bite-sized pieces, snapshots etc., as opposed to longform, but that's just something I need to grow into.

It's funny, of the three, Athena & Klavier were the pair I had the least inspiration for going in, but when I sat down to write it, everything just started flowing out of me. I knew that I wanted them to meet for coffee, and to have them agree to keep things between themselves, but outside of that I didn't really know what I wanted them to "do", per se. The circus scene in particular was spur-of-the-moment... I was ready to end it at Tres Bien but figured it was too short.

Their interests, chemistry, and vibe are just so specific that it's becoming harder and harder for me to separate them in my mind. They're a fun pair to write for.