Ace Attorney: Truth and Consequences

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Lily Grace
Spoken languages: English

Ace Attorney: Truth and Consequences

Post by Lily Grace »

Play it now! Both cases 1 and 2 are fully playable and Case 3 has released the first part! https://gamejolt.com/games/truth-and-co ... ces/783854

Rather watch it than play it? I've got you covered: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 49mM4uOyvr

Premise:
Set just a few weeks after Spirit of Justice, Phoenix Wright and his friends take on six brand new cases! Meanwhile, a notorious serial killer has come out of hiding to target Miles Edgeworth. Can Phoenix figure out who this killer is before they come after Edgeworth himself? And does the fact that a prosecutor from his past has returned have anything to do with this current dilemma?

This game will spoil major plot points from AA1-AA6, although I am doing my best to keep the Spirit of Justice and Dual Destinies spoilers to a minimum. The trilogy and AA4 spoilers are unavoidable though.

Here are some basic summaries of the cases:
Spoiler : Case 1: The Turnabout Method (Available Now) :
Ema has been accused of murdering a scientist she was working with, and it's up to Athena Cykes to crack the case and figure out who the true killer is and what really happened that night. What she wasn't expecting, however, was for so many familiar faces to show up to support Ema... or is there an ulterior motive?
Spoiler : Case 2: Turnabout Ladies Night (Available Now) :
When Larry bursts into the Wright Anything Agency begging for help, Phoenix Wright is surprised to discover that he has a girlfriend. Who is a real human woman. And she's been framed for murder! Join Phoenix, Maya, and Trucy as they uncover the truth in as what was supposed to be a fun ladies' night turned deadly.
Spoiler : Case 3: The Twin Turnabout (Available Now) :
Athena Cykes is surprised to be contacted out of the blue by Simon Blackquill, whose friend from prison has been accused of theft. But when Athena herself starts to be targeted by something she can't explain, she can't help but feel like this case is more complicated than she initially thought. Can she, Trucy, and Apollo solve this case and save Blackquill's friend, or will they have to flee from danger before something worse happens to them?
Spoiler : Case 4: The Shattered Turnabout :
To celebrate her official christening as Master, Maya decides to invite several familiar faces from Khura'in in an attempt to create unity between their very different cultures. But the morning of her christening, something goes horribly wrong and a beloved character is accused of committing a devastating crime. And unfortunately, there's a lot of evidence against them. Now Phoenix Wright must defend a client he cares deeply about all while fighting the nagging suspicion that they might be guilty after all. But are they?

I can't give too many details here but I've written a lot for this case and I think it's some of my best work. I'm really excited to share it!
Spoiler : Case 5: The Unconventional Turnabout :
Not long after returning from Khura'in, Apollo Justice is dragged to a convention by Trucy, who just wants to get out of the house and do something different. But then a body is discovered in the convention center and none other than Klavier Gavin himself has been accused of the murder! But the more Apollo and Trucy investigate, the less sense this case makes. And it doesn't help that a popular youtuber who is obsessed with conspiracy theories has taken it upon herself to try and play detective alongside them while offering more and more outlandish theories about what really happened. But could she be onto something?.
Spoiler : Case 6: Turnabout of the Past :
Error 404: Case summary not found.

In other words, giving you a plot summary would spoil too much of the earlier cases.
I'm developing this on PyWright and writing almost all of it. The story itself is pretty solidified, though I'm sure I'll be tweaking it here and there. I want it to be a full length game and I have experience making games before. If there's anyone in the Jacksepticeye community here, I'm the dev behind The BOSS. I've also made other games in that universe, but this is my first time making a VN. I've been writing for over 2 decades and studying these characters to write them as accurately as possible.

As for content warnings, it's a little darker than the mainstream games but I can't think of anything especially triggering. I'd say a solid T, not too extreme but not super light either. No extreme language, no gore. One case in particular is definitely a tear jerker (I know because I've actually teared up while writing it, and I've never done that before in over 20 years as a writer).

Stay tuned for updates. I am looking to commission artists too (I'm a writer, not an artist, unfortunately), so let me know if you want to help out!

Also just want to thank the people on the forums who have posted free-to-use canon character sprites. I couldn't have made this without you! They're fantastic and they made my life so much easier! If I accidentally left anyone out of the credits, please alert me right away and I will fix it. I tried really hard to make sure everyone was included but knowing me, I might have forgotten one. And if I made any mistakes in posting this, let me know and I'll correct them.

Walkthroughs are included in the game files.

That seems to be just about everything I can say at this point. Please let me know what you think if you've played it!
Last edited by Lily Grace on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
icannothinkofaname

Re: Ace Attorney: Truth and Consequences

Post by icannothinkofaname »

I'd actually just been looking for more Pywright games to try out! Based on the summaries, this sounds like a really cool project. I'll play these as soon as I can
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Played through most of it now.
Spoiler : :
Mostly good, but the second case has some scripting issues when Betty takes the stand for the first time for incorrect answers. Additionally, the alarm clock in the investigation segment should probably be moved. It's so close to the surrounding objects that I didn't find it organically and had to look at the scripts to find hat I was missing. I really like the use of colored text in Athena's segment!
keepthebeat929

Post by keepthebeat929 »

Just beginning to crack this open, and already I can see how smartly this is written. I like the interplay between Athena, Pearl, Maya, and Phoenix. The characters so far are written faithfully to how they are represented in the series, including Widget.

Additionally, the comedic moments that hit off the beat are very funny, like
Spoiler : :
Simon suddenly interrupting Athena's internal monologue, and when the Judge is trying to resume as Payne is getting kicked out.
I've got a tab open to continue watching as I get time. Will revisit when I finish.
Lily Grace

Post by Lily Grace »

I've released the first part of Case 3: The Twin Turnabout! You can now play it and it comes to a pretty natural stopping point. The rest of the case will be uploaded in the coming months, likely less time than the first part took because there was a bit of development hell at the beginning but now it's mostly smoothed out.