Roulette Rules

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Roulette Rules

Post by Enthalpy »

calvinball wrote:So... any thoughts on what the next competition theme could be?

*Is aimlessly saying stuff in the vain hopes the topic will reach 20 pages before the results are announced, thus reaching some arbitrary, nonsensical goal.*
There really are infinite possibilities. Part of me hopes it won't be something too exciting, because I'm planning to stay out of the next one.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
RiksKing
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, Little bit German & French

Post by RiksKing »

Well, since me and Rinkkjs pretty knew our trial wouldn't win, we didn't even start thinking about a potential theme. YOU (The other guys) on the other hand have some serious probability to win, based on what I heard from the judges so...
Are you trying to make us come up with ideas for your competition? :side:

In all seriousness, a theme I had in mind was something about a specific day of choice in the year. Be it Christmas, St. Patrick's day, Valentine's Day or the birthday of Wendy Oldbag, as long as it's an annual event, and this event has to take a major role in the trial.

But that's just an idea, and like I said, we won't be hosting next competition, so it won't be done for quite sometime :P
(Or maybe it will, just not under my name)
--Captivated by Persona 4--
Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Post by Reverie »

calvinball wrote:So... any thoughts on what the next competition theme could be?

Spoiler : :

Turnabout Fake-Out!
pic related
Indeed, this was not a competition about the supremely subtle edginess of GS5 and how it beats you with the phrase "dark age of the law" at every possible turn. The title was deliberately misleading... as your case should be!

Task

Create a case with as many fake-outs as possible. This includes misleading evidence, fake culprit accusations / confrontations, and, of course, false solutions! Ensure that the player is never sure that they've reached the truth until the very end... which may not even be the end at all.
is the result of unadulterated boredom
Last edited by Reverie on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

april 32nd is my favourite date

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

That many views, and no entrants? Wow.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

omg enth do you understand nothing
they're waiting until the last second of the comp to join for the sake of a fake out jeez man
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Hey, we already know who wins the competition thanks to that graphic!

Congratulations, compwinner9000! XP
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

Whoa that is an awful comp theme it's basically "make a badly-designed case" why would you do that??
I'd enter.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

dammit spyro, why did you expose my alt like that so rude </3

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Compwinner9000 knows they've already won because they live at least 7 minutes in the future from all of us. Our clocks just CANNOT HANDLE IT.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler! In AA6, "seven minutes in the future" will take on the same significance as "seven years ago."

I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

kwando1313 wrote:dammit spyro, why did you expose my alt like that so rude </3
dw k1's still a secret
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

clcman

Post by clcman »

The Ultimate Turnabout: Make the greatest Ace Attorney case of all time.

The prize is not actually the chance to host the next comp (there won't be one, it would be pointless), but obtaining control of AAO from Unas. (Which will also be pointless because everyone will have stopped making cases since none of them will be as good as the winning one.)

But seriously:
The Ultimate Turnabout: Make a case that fits ALL 36 of the following themes in some form or another:

1. The End Of The World As We Know It (Make a case which somehow incorporates the apocalypse)

2. Groundhog’s Day (Make a case that either literally or metaphorically has history or time repeat)

3. Amateur Sleuth (Write a case where the protagonist/PoV character is not related to the law/law enforcement)

4. Brave New World (Write a case set in a world/universe that isn't the AA one)

5. Small Town Murder (Write a case set in a small town. For example, a rural Japanese village)

6. Big City Murder (Write a case that takes place in the big city)

7. Paranoia Agent (Write a case that elicits a feeling of fear or paranoia)

8. Braving The Elements (A case that involves the elements in some way. In addition to fire and ice from before, the case can also factor in water and/or electricity)

9. Blast From The Past (A case set at any point before the first chronological canon case)

10. Future Shock (A case set at any point after the last chronological canon case)

11. Love is in the Air (A case featuring a love story or romance in some way)

11. An Arkham Night (A case featuring atleast one character who is crazy or madness/insanity as a theme)

12. Cyberspace (A case having something to do with the internet or computers in some way)

13. The Sound of Music (A case having something to do with music or musicians)

14. “Y’know, I’ve Learned Something Today…” (A case that gives some sort of moral)

15. Psyche Out (A case that incorporates psychology, the human mind, human nature or the human psyche in some way. Or explores how humans think.)

16. The Midnight Channel (A case which incorporates television or surveillance in some way)

17. The Pen Is Mightier (A case factoring in writing or books in some way)

18. Silverscreen (A case factoring in movies or Hollywood, etc. in some way)

19. The Game: The Game (A case factoring in a video game or video games in some way)

20. Murder By Any Other Name (Write a case in the style of another type of detective fiction)

21. Nation of Imagination (A case that factors in supernatural elements of some kind)

22. Deconstruction Crew (Deconstruct a common element of fiction in some way)

23.Kaleidoscope (A case factoring in multiple colors or colour as an element)

24. And A Child Will Lead Them (A case involving atleast one child or youth in some way)

25. Respect Your Elders (A case involving atleast one character over 50 (Udgey doesn't count :P ) or the idea of becoming old)

26. The Beast Within (A case involving an animal)

27. A Matter of Time (Have to do with time in some way (Have to do with time travel, take place over a long span of time, set in the past/future, have a set TIME LIMIT, focus on a particularly important time in the crime... or just strongly factor in a watch~ Lotta options!))

28. The Final Countdown (A case that factors in numbers in a meaningful way; like 24 for example)

29. Night and Day (Important events happening in either the shining sun or the dark of night)

30. The Shadow (A case involving a dark side or dark counterpart to a character, their reverse. -Ala. Shadows in persona or, say, Furio Tigre)

31. Group Effort (More than one killer, or the killer has an accomplice.)

32. "Courage" (Completely change our perception of a canon character)

33 (alternatively known as 0). Judge Bait (Make a case that bribes the judges in some way)

34. The Other Bench (Play as the prosecutor!)

35. Bloodlines (Involves family members or family relationships)

36. Master of Disaster (Involves a natural disaster)
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

:objection:

clcman, there's a contradiction in your proposal! Tell me, how is a case supposed to obey both the prompt "Future Shock!" and "Blast From the Past!"? A case can't simultaneously take place before the first chronological case and after the last chronological case! It's impossible!

Your Honor, the defense rests.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper