Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP): NEW DAY

Post by gotMLK7 »

Welcome to the prestigious Shelvington Academy, a private school for the fabulously wealthy between the high school and college ages! Located on the island of Calipan, Shelvington Academy is dedicated to being both informing and enjoyable, with frequent events that put the school's enormous budget to work! The price to get in is pretty high if you don't have special connections or a hefty scholarship, but it's worth it for such a stellar educa-fun! Wait, that was bad, scratch that from the reco-

Welcome the Shelvington Academy, AAO's premium Slice of Life role-play. In this RP, you play as up to three students attending the titular school and living out a bizarre school life where your teacher's a dog and most people are ludicrously wealthy. The concept is fairly simple - you create a student for the academy and interact however you want. Classes are mostly time-skipped over and the campus supplies basically everything you need, including dorms for lodging. The focus of this roleplay is on the interactions you have and the relationships you form between school life and the excessive school events!

This role-play was originally created by the wonderful Ami before being transferred to me. Credit to the awesome Alnar for our logo and Hesseldahl for our poster!

The Academy

The school itself is large and wealthy enough to have basically anything you can imagine. Structurally, the campus is mostly outdoors with different buildings containing different aspects of the school, and it's REALLY big. Rooms and buildings included are:
-Dormitories
-Gymnasium
-Auditorium
-Classrooms
-Drama and Makeup Departments
-Rec Rooms
-A Front Office
-The Nurse's Office
And much more. There is no current plan for a map of the campus, as new locations can be come up with on the spot. Basically, expect things to be flexible on what's on campus.

Gameplay and Rules

There's no specific gameplay rules past what can be generally expected of my RPs. You go around and interact with other characters in a mostly free-range setting. You may occasionally be chastised if you break school rules (which, like the campus, are flexible) and days pass eventually, but it's fairly relaxed in terms of gameplay. Actual class time is generally skipped over because I'm not RPing your math lessons. Most notably are the school events, such as the Pep Rally, Track and Field, the Beach Trip, and the Costume Party. These are school-sponsored events usually after class that give people an opportunity to play around in different scenarios, usually inspired by other slice of life scenarios.

Rules:
-No death. Your backstory can involve death and you can get into scuffles, but no students are allowed to die in this RP. It doesn't fit the tone.
-No murder. This isn't the RP for characters who are secretly assassins, for reasons similar to the above rule. Just keep "slice of life' in mind, please.
-No supernatural characters or elements. The rules of the setting can be rather cartoonish but magic, superpowers and aliens aren't allowed.
-No spamming. You can have short posts, but keep them one at a time and try to keep it substantial.
-Be fair and let other RPers react to things you do. Let people react if you try to grab them or throw a punch before you proceed.
-Post OOC in spoilers.
-Wait for GM acceptance of your app before posting as them.
-The current maximum is THREE CHARACTERS per player.
-NPCs are permitted for plot purposes, but do not take control of another's NPC without permission.
-Clearly note your location when switching scenes.
-Over-the-topness and cheesiness is allowed and encouraged as long as it does not go into god-mod territory.
-Keep 4th-wall breaking to a reasonable amount based on the tone of the RP takes.
-Don't steal a scene or bend the tone to your own whim if the other players don't want it.
-No AUs of real or copyrighted characters; OCs only.
-Read GD's Roleplaying guide for reference.

Staff Members and other NPCs

Here's some notable NPCs that have been a part of the RP, including staff members. Subject to update.
Spoiler : NPCs :
SCHOOL STAFF

Headmistress Ami Cloverfield - Controlled by Ami. The young headmistress of Shelvington Academy, she inherited the school from her family and, through a number of successful business moves, rose it up to the juggernaut it is today. Despite her important position and her business know-how, she prefers to avoid work and high effort, and generally doesn't get involved much in school business.

Professor Muller - Created by Ami, controlled by gotMLK7. A large and intelligent leonberger dog with a collar that lets him speak human language. He's your main teacher for the RP. He's intelligent and rather proper and refined for a dog, but he's certainly a little awkward given the species divide, and he's not above the stereotypes associated with his particular disposition.

Nurse Lena Wulfe - Controlled by gotMLK7. The school nurse is intimidating, given her muscular frame, her intimidating glare, her rough and tough speech, her tendency for threats, her messy office, and her general resemblance to an anime gang leader. Surprisingly, though, Nurse Wulfe is incredibly competent at her job, and is considered one of the best medical experts around. She can deal with your health issues with ease, she just isn't likely to do so politely.

Jenny Specter - Controlled by DSY. A maid on the campus that, for reasons unknown, believes herself to be a ghost. She's fairly aloof and hard to get a read on. Along with her on the cleaning staff is M.A.I.D., a well-trained force of maids that approach their job like a heavy-duty government mission.

Lengthy Limousine Larry - Controlled by gotMLK7. Shelvington's limousine driver. He drives a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very lengthy limousine.

Tiny Table Tino - Controlled by gotMLK7. Shelvington's secretary. He sits in front of a very very very very very very etc. tiny table in a tiny chair with tiny office supplies. Which are tiny.

NON-STAFF

The Rocket Surgeons - Controlled by gotMLK7. The Rocket Surgeons are a popular local punk rock band, founded by Shelvington student and lead vocalist Jackie Crow. The band was hired to play at the Costume Party event by the school. Pictured from left to right: Sid the Kid, the band's skilled drummer who seems very mentally distant and apathetic in most situations; Johnny "Hellraiser", abundantly egotistical lead guitarist with an excessively exacerbating disposition; and Tammy Mulligan, a bass guitarist with a sharp tongue and a seemingly eternal annoyed tone, with a fondness for smoking.

Character App

Fill out this form to apply.

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Gender:[/b] 
[b]Age:[/b] (minimum 16, maximum 29)
[b]Likes:[/b] 
[b]Dislikes:[/b] 
[b]Appearance:[/b] (No uniform required)
[b]Personality:[/b] 
[b]Backstory:[/b] 

Characters

List of currently accepted characters, including their player, app page number, and dorm room number.
Spoiler : Characters :
-Shirley Homes (calvinball, pg1) [Room 301]
-Jackie Crow (gotMLK7, pg1) [Room 302]
-Simon St. Mause (gombarry, pg1) [Inactive]
-Karen Ferdinand (Fantasyhunt, pg1) [Room 304]
-Yo Guerra (lazyplague, pg2) [Inactive]
-Paolo Paulman (Hesseldahl, pg5) [Room 351]
-Princess Sarah Amira Elibazeth Flaithe (Alnar, pg5) [Room 303]
-Xander Sergius Deacon Paige (Alnar, pg5) [Room 352]
-Adrian Lyons (lazyplague, pg6) [Inactive]
-Mae Rubette (VonKarmaPride, pg7) [Inactive]
-Phineas Masters (Detective Luke Atmey, pg7) [Room 351]
-Isis Shields (Sleuth, pg11) [Room 302]
-Job Yunno (DSY, pg13) [Room 303]
-Florse ‘Flo’ Hemming (The Ash Raichu, pg17) [Room 304]
-Jazmine Diema (The Ash Raichu, pg17) [Room 301]
-Gwen Summers (The Ash Raichu, pg29) [Room 305]
-Ludwig Ferdinand (Fantasyhunt, pg30) [Room 353]
-Boo Kristal (Hesseldahl, pg34) [Room 306]
-Nina Valentine (gotMLK7, pg34) [Room 305]
-Daisuke Shuto (Sleuth, pg37) [Room 352]
-Ahmy Suzuki (DSY, pg37) [Inactive]
-Violet Kingston (Fantasyhunt, pg38) [Room 307]
-Kyouji Kamishiro (GuardianDreamer, pg38) [Room 353]
-Ume Konshin (Trybien, pg39) [Room 308]
-Isabelle Ann Montgomery (TinyHat, pg44) [Room 306]
-Lewis Matsumoto (Detective Luke Atmey, pg45) [Room 354]
-Opal Ita (kwando1313, pg45) [Room 308]
-Lia Osaka (DSY, pg48) [Room 307]
-Yukari Mizuki (NihilismFormula, pg51) [Room 309]
-Thomas Evans (TinyHat, pg55) [Room 354]
-Matthew Moriarty (shadowjoe323, pg56) [Room 355]
-Chouko Minami (lazyplague, pg57) [Room 309]
-Harmon Grennan (tb2fan, pg62) [Room 355]
-Shuu Shoji (Mono, pg62)
-Calliope Tokuno (Mono, pg62)
-Terrence Duke Hindenburg III (Mono, pg62)
-Annah Tablanche (hershel_layton, pg62)
-Kabuo Bennett-Manami (Drey Wilkins, pg70)
-Karen Dzielny (Reyson, pg71)

If you want to join in mid-RP, I recommend visiting the Front Office to speak with the secretary, Tiny Table Tino, to get a quick run-down of your dorm situation and current events. This is not required, but is an easy starting place.

Happy school life!
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

gotMLK7

Re: [RP] Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP)

Post by gotMLK7 »

I think the idea that an SoL RP can be driven by short-term goals and characterization rather than a longer-term plot can actually go a long way. It'll take the maintenance required to get through events, probably, but it's pretty straight-forward and seems to have a lot of potential should it have a good cast to work off of. I like it, I'll definitely be joining! I think I'll be brining Jackie back for this one, even, I've always wanted her in a SoL RP to focus more on a character arc and such. I'll also think up some suggestions for you soon (probably ones that are excessively anime ngl) and send them your way. Expect an app soon!
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Calvinball
Spoken languages: English

Re: Shelvington Academy (Slice of Life RP)

Post by Calvinball »

Name: Shirley Homes

Likes: Mystery novels, mystery TV shows, mystery films, mystery comics, mystery games, real life mysteries, bubble pipes, deerstalker caps, playing the violin, bees and beekeeping, anything intellectually stimulating while simultaneously easy for her to do, reading, and acting

Dislikes: Being expected to actually solve a mystery, people named Moriarty, crowds, bordeom, inefficiency, people she perceives as not being intelligent, bad acting, not measuring up to Sherlock Holmes, and busy work.

Appearance: Her hair is a deep red and is held in a rather loose and sloppy ponytail that ends in the small of her back. Her eyes are brown and capable of steely-glares.

As for her usual attire, well... you know the cliched clothes you imagine when you think of Sherlock Holmes (that hat, that coat, etc.)? That's what she wears. All. The. Time. (Complete with bubble pipe, mind you.)

Backstory: Shirley Homes is bit... odd. When she was very young, she stumbled upon a book containing the complete stories of Sherlock Holmes left around by her parents in their home. Upon reading it, she somehow got it into her head that she was directly descended from Sherlock Holmes himself.

Her parents at first tried to dissuade her, telling her that Sherlock Holmes was, in fact, entirely fictional and that the similarities of their names was purely coincidental (in retrospect, the parents realized, naming their daughter Shirley was just asking for trouble). Shirley refused to budge, however, and after they ended up spending considerable money on the matter they decided to let it go. Thinking she was related to Sherlock Holmes wasn't considerably harming Shirley. At the very least, she didn't believe that she actually was Sherlock Holmes! So, while the decision was perhaps a little questionable in hindsight, it led to how Shirley is today.

Perhaps surprisingly, she is an excellent actor, having gotten involved in a community theater while she was young and ending up being a bit of a natural. Combining that with lots of hard work and study into the art have led to her being a better actor than detective, loathe as she might be to admit it.

She's played the violin (a Stradivarius thanks to her parents wealth) since she was eight and while she's no prodigy, she is still rather skilled. She only has good memories of playing the violin barring one incident when she was twelve when she accidentally broke it in two while trying to pack it for a trip.

Today, Shirley Homes is a reasonably sharp young girl, though certainly not the genius Sherlock Holmes is/was/he wasn't real, so it's kind of unclear -- anyway, she isn't the genius that Sherlock Holmes is (since I have no desire to try and roleplay someone much, much, much smarter than me), which frustrates her somewhat. She has often gone into a mystery novel assuming that she will uncover the answer before the novel's conclusion, but that never happened. Furthermore, a number of mystery games she's played have forced her to turn to walkthroughs. Such perceived shortcomings are a constant frustration to her, but she refuses to give up the dream of living up to her "ancestor," Sherlock Holmes.

Shirley Homes is a combination of passion and severity. She generally goes for a cool-headed approach to things, acting aloof and all-knowing (even when she doesn't know anything). However, when challenged about things she strongly believes in (such as being Sherlock Holmes's direct descendent), she can get pretty firey and very upset and defensive.
_____
Hope this isn't too goofy for the RP, but I had this character lying around and I thought I might like to adapt her to this RP. Hopefully two RPs at once isn't too much of a commitment for me... if it ever gets to be too much, I'll be sure to inform you.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Ami

Post by Ami »

Accepted app!
since 2008!
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : Jackie Crow :
Name: Jackie Crow

Likes: Rock music (favorite bands Aerosmith, AC/DC, Queen, The Beatles), singing, playing guitar (she's learning), punk culture, swearing, tea.

Dislikes: @$$holes, liars, smoking, alcohol (not that she'd admit it), some major swear words, classical and country music.

Appearance: Image:
Assorted Jackie Crow images
Also notable is that she stands at only about 5 feet tall and has a thin, flat-chested build.

Backstory: Jackie Crow is a juvenile girl and the lead singer of a popular underground punk rock band known as the "Rocket Surgeons". The band is fairly well known amongst those who attend local concerts and gatherings and has an album online, and while they're not a huge name in the industry, they've amassed a decent fanbase online and locally. Known for loud, raw, emotionally driven music and Jackie Crow's excellent singing voice juxtaposing her frail appearance, the band has what one may call a cult following in the area. However, at school, those who don't see Jackie as the talented lead of the Rocket Surgeons see her as some punk girl that puts minimum effort into schoolwork and doesn't actually give much of a damn about class or other people.

Jackie doesn't seem to talk much about her upbringing to other people. She's known to have started the Rocket Surgeons herself some time during her middle school years and was said to have stopped attending classes not long after that. Nobody but the staff actually seems to know where she comes from; she doesn't dress like the wealthy person she's supposed to be, and she doesn't exactly get the greatest grades. She even lives in the tour bus parked outside one of her low-class band member's houses instead of in an a mansion, or even an apartment. However, it's said that she's in the school thanks to her rich family, though there's no upper-class families in the area with the surname "Crow" so nobody's actually sure what family she's a part of. She's made spiteful comments about them before, though, so she's been assumed to be on bad terms with them. She's not quite mysterious enough to be called an "enigma" or the like, but she's antisocial and aggressive enough for people to ask "What's HER problem?"

What is known of her is that her incredible aggression and near constant state of either irritation, apathy, or fury. She's yet to make any friends at Shelvington and out of class is only seen hanging out with her older bandmates. Most people don't try to talk to her because of her offputting disposition, and the ones that do are usually just fans of her band, which can get pretty annoying to deal with for extended periods of time for her. She skips classes a lot but doesn't actually seem to leave school entirely much nowadays. She's just generally pissed off at people and things around her most of the time, though she's not actually too terrible a person if you can actually get on her good side.
I abridged her backstory due to its nature but there ya go, have an effin' Jackie Crow.

Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

Going to try to brush up with this so lets see how it goes.
Spoiler : Simon St. Mause :
Name: Simon St. Mause

Likes: Exploring, Biking, Sailing, Foreign Food, Alcohol, Indie and Foreign Music ( mostly Vampire Weekend, Phoenix, The Metric, Yui, and Ken Hirai), Sharing his love of discovery.

Dislikes: Cars, Planes, Small enclosed spaces, Being held back (literally and figuratively), Sitting, Smoking

Backstory:
Simon never really considered himself anything special, or anyone really should care about. He was just another rich kid with just too much time on his hands. He had always had a natural curiosity about the world around him, However, and would always try to use up his free time trying to find new and interesting things, people, or whatever else you could find around town. This curiosity turned into full out obsession once he received a bike for his 14th Birthday.

From that point onward, Simon and his bike were inseparable. He continued to explore Calipers for years and now knows the entirety of the city like the back of his hand and then some. He would sometimes run away from home and leave the city for weeks at a time to explore the countryside, and over this time period he had collected a huge Alcohol Collection (His most prized achievment), much to the dismay of his parents and teachers. After being held back 2 years, His parents took away his bike (they allow him to use it to go to and from school, and occasionally pick up groceries, but nothing else.) and promised him that if he graduated this year they would pay for a trip around the world. A promise which he, no doubt, plans on fulfilling.

Appearence:
He's on the tall side, measuring at about 6'2", and has an above average build. He has dirty blonde hair, which he doesn't really keep well save for keeping down bedhead, or a special occasion. All topped of with icy blue eyes, a sharp chin, and long nose.

He prefers to wear loose clothing and simple clothing most of the time and wears form fitting bike shorts and vest when biking around town. He tries to avoid formal wear unless absolutely necessary, and when he does, he just wears slacks, shirt, and vest.
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

If it's alright, I'd like to slightly amend my Character Application, at least in terms of how it describes Shirley Homes's personality. I've been running through some scenarios with her and she's turning out to be significantly more excitable than I expected. So, essentially I'd just like to change the last paragraph to the following:

"Shirley Homes is a combination of passion and severity. She generally tries to go for a cool-headed approach to things, acting aloof and all-knowing (even when she doesn't know anything). However, she tends to get very excited about her interests, hobbies, and supposed connection to Sherlock Holmes, and when challenged about things she strongly believes in (such as being Sherlock Holmes's direct descendent) she can get pretty firey and very upset and defensive."

Sorry for the bother, and I hope this is alright to do.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Plan to revive and rework Mariana from Nova Guardians and Dante from Fate/End Dusk. I really hope this rp can take off well so I can get plenty of play time between the two.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Spoiler : Character App: Karen :
Name: Karen Elfriede Ferdinand

Likes: Anime/manga, reading, watching movies, cooking foreign foods, eating foreign foods, her older brother (Ludwig), music

Dislikes: bland food, nonfiction, people who confuse anime for "cartoon stuff," people who don't appreciate familial bonds (says the person who doesn't appreciate familial bonds), her brother's overprotective attitude

Appearance: She has mousy brown hair that reaches her waist, normally styled in a braid over her left shoulder. Her eyes are a silvery grey color. Standing at a height of 5'2", she appears to be a year or two younger than she really is, much to her dismay (but that's a different can of worms altogether). She typically wears pastel colored blouses with jeans, sneakers and her favorite white muffler. If she's feeling especially brave, she cosplays as her favorite anime characters.

Backstory: From a young age, Karen showed a very imaginative side to herself. Her parents would often find her acting out her favorite parts from her favorite books and movies, with her older brother reluctantly tagging along. At the tender age of twelve, she was introduced to the world of manga and anime and instantly became hooked. Despite her brother's urging to not get involved in such things, Karen remained firm. During her junior high years, Karen started learning the piano, mostly to play covers of her favorite songs rather than play classical music. She takes great pride in her learning of this skill and hopes to find friends that she can play music with. The dedication she put into her love for manga and anime never got in the way of her family though; she couldn't just abandon the older brother that put up with her antics for seven years. With splitting her life between her family, her education, and her hobby, Karen has trouble fitting it all in, but she does her best to manage.
Last edited by Fantasyhunt on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ami

Post by Ami »

All apps accepted, RP starting sometime after 5 PM EST tomorrow, but no later than 7 PM EST.
since 2008!
Ami

Post by Ami »

The Front Courtyard
With a long and winding road wide enough for many vehicles to pass, the students are brought in by whatever servants and drivers they came with. One part of the road circles around several helipads for use of students as well. From either way, the view is meticulously sculpted, with several trees with braided roots to make small bridges and arcs for vehicles to pass under. The road may be tar and cement, but everything around it is entirely flora- from around the world. Redwoods, firs, larches, cherry blossoms, willows, dogwoods... they seem to dance beneath the breeze in a pax-de-deaux of colorful vivaciousness. From above, it's almost as if one were looking down at a flower garden from a normal standing position. That isn't to say flowers are out of the equation: several bushes and flowers grow in Shelvington emblem patterns of varying sizes and colors.

It's time for the spring semester, the first semester of any school year at Shelvington. It's always done at this time so most of the flowers are in bloom and the trees are out- but without the humid heat of summer.

At the focal point of the entrance and exit roads is a large gate with an almost insurmountable but luxurious wall with two ferrous gates that are more for decoration and less for security. There stands headmistress Ami Cloverfield, crossing her arms, awaiting new students to greet on a personal basis.
since 2008!
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

This school was filled with paths and roads and helipads and everything imaginable for people to arrive in style. You could probably drive a tank up to the thing and they'd have a parking spot available. It was a prestigious academy, after all. Students were expected by social norm alone to show just how ludicrously wealthy and important they were the second they arrived on campus. No impression here was as important as the initial one.

Jackie Crow walked to school.

Her hands stuffed in the pockets of her shorts and a pair of headphones blasting "Highway to Hell" in her ears, Jackie didn't exactly match the school's extravagant decor. Her grunge outfit, her cheek tattoo, her miscellaneous accessories of spikes, chains, and skulls, and the scowl of annoyance painted on her freckled face made her practically seem like some slums chick that hopped the fence to get in, but as she already had to prove to at least three school guards, she did in fact attend the academy.

"Pretentious bullcrap..." She muttered to herself as she passed the superfluous garden-job on her way to the front gate. Her black and purple attire next to the colorful feel of the school made her look like a stain on a polished piece of fine china. The logo of a rocket ship with the words "ROCKET SURGEONS" at the back of her torn leather jacket was probably the first thing people saw of her, as she walked to the gate begrudgingly, with her back hunched over like a wilting flower.

As she reached the front gate at last (surprisingly early, she did leave pretty quickly since she had nothing better to do that morning...), she stopped and looked up to the massive entrance in front of her. The part of her that hated her own tiny stature took a kick there. She put her hands to her headphones and waited for AC/DC to finish up before taking the headphones off, hanging them around her collar, and shutting off the player in her pocket. She looked up towards the school headmaster waiting for students at the front gate with a tired glare.

"...Ya think yer not overcompensatin' a bit with this effin' show-off display? Ya couldn't be screamin' 'we're so rich and important' any louder with this damn place if ya put neon dollar signs on every effin' tree."

And so a new semester began.

Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : OOC :
I presume that this is the start of the RP? If so, then let's get started!
From amongst the well-organized hubbub of the arrival of this year's class of students, a jet black car rolled up to the side of the road, out of the way of any traffic. The passenger side door immediately opened and a young woman, about sixteen years old, exited the vehicle, her step light and energetic. In her eyes was a mix of steely determination and lively eagerness, and in one hand was a bubble pipe, still emitting bubbles from when it was last blown. She was decked out in what would appear to be full cliché Sherlock Holmes regalia, complete with the deerstalker cap despite it being a perfectly pleasant spring day.

This girl was Shirley Homes ("Not 'Holmes,' despite being descended"), and today would be her first day at Shelvington Academy.

"Thank you for the ride, Ms. Hudson, but I'm fairly certain I can walk the remainder of the distance," she said, speaking through the car window to the driver, an older woman with graying hair and glasses.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again," the driver said, looking very tired. "I am not 'Ms. Hudson,' and why you continue to insist upon referring to me using that name is still a mystery to me."

"You know I love mysteries, Ms. Hudson, though I'm not sure I see why this perfectly ordinary scenario counts as one," Shirley said. She followed her statement by blowing on her bubble pipe once more and gave "Ms. Hudson" a thoughtful look. "You are the personal service employee I associate with most often. Therefore, you are my Ms. Hudson. It's elementary, my dear Hudson!"

"I now see why you had to leave your last school," the driver said, her expression somehow wrinkling further from increased weariness. "And Ms. Hudson was the landlady, not a maid, much less a chauffeur..."

"I did not have to leave, Ms. Hudson," Shirley said, suddenly looking very defensive as she crossed her arms. "The students there did not respect my methodology and refused to take me seriously! I left not because I was forced, but for my own personal comfort."

"Whatever you say, Shirley Homes," the driver said in response. "I should return to the manor. Just get to school and don't do anything too ridiculous."

"I am the epitome of logic," Shirley said with a grin. "What ridiculousness do you have to fear?"

The driver made no further comment and simply drove on towards the exit road, apparently having had enough of Shirley. As she did so, Shirley took a moment to ensure she was carrying all her necessary belongings and, with a final breath in and out, approached the school gates, where a woman was already standing. Thinking back to the photos related to Shelvington Academy she saw before coming here when her parents informed her that they'd found a new school for her to attend this year, Shirley quickly realized that the person standing at the gate was the headmistress, Ami Cloverfield, and was presumably planning on greeting all the students personally. In fact, there was already another student there who, incredibly, looked more out of place at Shelvington than Shirley did, with her general grunge look. Shirley only shrugged and approached both of them.

"...Ya think yer not overcompensatin' a bit with this effin' show-off display? Ya couldn't be screamin' 'we're so rich and important' any louder with this damn place if ya put neon dollar signs on every effin' tree."

...Well, you didn't hear someone say that sentence everyday. Shirley couldn't really disagree, though -- the grounds looked almost impossibly stunning, and she had to wonder how much it must've all cost. However, if all the rumors Shirley had heard about Shelvington were true, the grounds weren't compensating for anything and the inside was twenty times as lavish and plated with gold. Unlikely, but she'd seen stranger in the past.

Feeling rather uncertain of how she, or anyone, frankly, was to respond to such a statement, Shirley elected to simply close the distance between herself and the both of them and then wave.

"Hello. I assume that you're the headmistress, Ami Cloverfield, correct?" she asked before going ahead and introducing herself. "My name is Shirley Homes, descended from the late great Sherlock Holmes, and as you can most likely already deduce, I will be attending your school this year." Shirley then turned towards the other student. "And while it's not much of a feat at all, I'm sure it's safe to deduce that you are another student attending Shelvington this year? If so, hello, and you heard my name."
And interaction has begun! (I am not brand new to RPs, but I am not half as experienced as a lot of people here. If there's anything I can improve upon, simply give the word.)

There is one thing I'm a bit confused about: is Shelvington Academy a boarding school or not? I kept Shirley's belongings ambiguous, since I wasn't really sure.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Apologies for the lack of depth in Karen's application, I came in late to the game.
High in the sky, a sleek, black helicopter can be seen making ts way to Shelvington Academy. In the cockpit sit two young figures. One is a blond male, looking to be in his good twenties, with a stern look on his face as he drives the helicopter; he is Ludwig Ferdinand. The second is a girl that looks no older than fifteen, her brown hair perfectly styled in a braid that lays against her red clothed back; she is Karen Ferdinand. On both their heads are headsets that allow them to communicate past the sound of the helicopter's roaring blades.

Ludwig turns to his sister as he carefully maneuvers their family chopper down in front of Shelvington Academy. "Are you sure you're okay with this, Schwester?" Ludwig asks through his headset. "You know you can call me if anyth-"

Karen shakes her head, slightly tousling her braided hair. "Bruder, you have nothing to fear." A slight German accent curls the sounds of her words. The chopper lands on one of the many helipads right outside of the entrance gate. "Tell Mutter und Vater I got here safely." Ludwig gives her a worried look for a moment, one that says, "I'm begging you, please don't go ahead with this decision." "Bruder, I'll be fine!"

With a sweet smile to assure her brother, Karen takes off her headset and ducks her head before jumping out of the chopper. Dressing as Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist (although her brother refused to let her bleach her hair before dying it blonde, so the illusion is somewhat destroyed), Karen is prepared to make Shelvington Academy remember her, hopefully.

As she struts proudly away from Ludwig and the helicopter, her long, red coat is played with by the wind generated as the helicopter taking off once more. She passes the front gate and, settling into a more comfortable stride, takes in the scenery around her. The trees and flowers color her sight and Karen forces herself to swallow a squeal; it reminded her of the grandness of Ouran High School from the famous anime. Only this was real!

She feels her phone vibrate in her pant pocket and pulls out her cellphone. It was from Ludwig. She answers and puts the phone to her ear. "Hallo! What is it, Bruder?"

"Are you okay?! Are you safe?!" Ludwig asks in a panic. "Should I come back and get you?! Schwester! Talk to me; you're freaking me out!"

"Bruder, I'm fine," Karen replies calmly.

"Schwester, if you dare hang up I'll-"

Beep! The phone is quickly put away in its former place.

Karen's grey eyes widen when she turns her head and sees who she presumes to be the headmistress, Ami Cloverfield, ahead of her. Carrying a bit of grace in her step, Karen makes her way to the headmistress as the woman is with with two other students. One student was-

"And Bruder says that only I do strange things," Karen whispers to herself, seeing "Sherlock Holmes" ahead of her.

The other looks a bit (not that Karen wants to sound rude) grungy.

Her breathing starts to become shaky with every step Karen takes, getting closer and closer. Upon reaching the headmistress and the other two students, Karen politely curtsies, picking up her red coat to replace her lack of a skirt.

"I am honored to meet you Headmistress Cloverfield. I am Karen Ferdinand and I look forward to attending Shelvington Academy!" Karen stands up straight and gives her best smile, feigning bravery. She smiles at the other two students. "I look forward to attending school together!"

This was the start of a new adventure, she could feel it in her blood (or it was her absurdly high expectations for the school from the amount of high school animes she has watched).
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Jackie turned her head from the headmaster towards the other students. Her eyes seemed to scan over Shirley first, then over Karen, as if she was sizing them up. After a moment of staring at the two of them, she sighed and looked to the ground.

"Uh...yeah. Name's Jackie Crow. Nice to meet'cha, I guess. S'long as yer not assholes..." she muttered to herself. She didn't seem quite pissed off or the like, but she had an exhaustion to her voice that made it seem like attempting to be social was more mentally taxing than it should have been.

She pulled out a cheap-looking flip phone and checked the time. "Guh, when the hell do we get in this school, I just wanna get this over with already..." Jackie pocketed the phone and turned to other girls. She scratched the back of her head nervously, not really sure of what to say but not wanting to sit in silence as the group waited for the gates to open.

"S-So," she started. "Uh...Hell of an entrance, eh? Looks fancy, I guess, but it's an effin' pain to try to walk through. And a bit gaudy if y'ask me..." She let her eyes fall back down to the floor. She stuffed her hands in her pockets to look composed, but she seemed a bit awkward trying to make small talk.