[RP] Memer Gear: Memes of... The Memes

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

lazyplague
Spoken languages: English

[RP] Memer Gear: Memes of... The Memes

Post by lazyplague »

In the beginning, there were no real memes. This is because Memes are an artificially made concept created by the minds of humans. Some would argue that this is due to Humanity’s Inclination towards Complete Idiocy. I would agree, but I do see the beauty in memes. Don’t you? Their ability to create unity within the joking masses, and arise a legacy like no other. All thanks to the power of the web and its timeless qualities… Yet…

You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you? A young meme who is afraid of being forgotten. This scares you. People still remember star wars kid, people still talk about Pepe… Yet you feel almost ignored. Perhaps you were an in-joke that no one really continued after a few weeks? Nonetheless, despite having a monument on Know Your Meme, you’re afraid of being lost in the flow of time with only a small impact on human history.

It’s natural to be afraid-- But consider yourself blessed. We have a mission for you, my young meme. One that will unravel the truth behind our meme hierarchy, and one that will emblazon you into the face of meme history.

The time is now! Go forth, child of hilarity!

Yes, this is exactly what it looks like. A Meme RP. Where you RP as a Meme. An actual, living meme. That’s your plot. Memery.

I want you all to digest this, and then consider what Meme you’re gonna be, because this is gonna be one disgusting mess.

In all seriousness, this is basically a “throw whatever at the wall, hope it sticks but if it doesn’t.. Hey, who cares?” kind of thing. Write in whatever tone you want to. If you want to make a meme who’s unsure of their existence, goddamn do it. Just be aware that There’ll probably be a fight scene or two, and a deep scathing narrative about the existence of Man. You can also be Hank Hill. No alterations, just Hank Hill.

Rules are fairly standard. No content that breaks AAO rules, no passive-aggressive behavior over which meme is best meme.

(Also try to not be any meme that has been super popular. It just works thematically.)

Apps

Just literally post any meme you want to be, along with how you plan to write said meme.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: [RP] Memer Gear: Memes of... The Memes

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I would like to write as the "People die when they are killed." meme, which I will write as a character obsessed with the idea of people dying when they're dead, and a character who speaks in a lot of redundantly redundant sentences, redundantly. They will announce that anyone is dead if they get so much as a scratch on them or stub their toe, and be incredibly confused when they're not.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

This is... Acceptable.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

JOing as tHe Newest Cool mEme oN dA block. I will post by having a certain character appear unexpectedly somewhere in each post.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Sadly I actually have to kind of deny that, because Cena's still a popular meme, he still gets mentioned. I can jot you down for the next best thing tho...

Hank Hill.

(I am sorry tho, but I do need the popular ones for reasons. You are simply a victim of circumstance, my son.)