I Want to Believe

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: I Want to Believe

Post by Bad Player »

clcman wrote:Barring an attack by a vengeful vampire/zombie/ghost/alien alliance, our final results should be up in 48 hours or less or your money that you haven't paid us back!
I swear to god, if you don't pay me back everything I didn't pay you, I will sue you for every single cent you don't own.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

for every single cent you don't own.
That's a LOT of cents

:O
Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Post by Acid Rain »

Gamer2002 wrote:
for every single cent you don't own.
That's a LOT of cents

:O
Well, not having much cents was kinda the theme of the comp, so...

rip less cool ttt banner
clcman
Spoken languages: English

Post by clcman »

Acid Rain wrote: Well, not having making much cents was kinda the theme of the comp, so...
Fixed.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

#postcompspam
Mr. Insane
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by Mr. Insane »

A: For your information, this was how the story was gonna go.
You're in appolos shoes, and you're defending Larry Butz. The prosecutor in the case is Edgeworth, nobody knows why, as Edgey and Larry are good friends. Larry is accused of killing Frank Sahwit. On the crime scene, there was a letter, where Larry supposedly put out his anger. But as the real cultprit knows, he's an idiot, and thus they made the letter look like Larry wrote it, by making the letter so stupid as possible. The witness, Cyan Tist, (scientist) claims to have witnessed the murder. She testifies she saw the victim getting killed with the same weapon that killed Cindy. She said: "I saw him beating the other with that clock." That was an obvious contradiction. She could have never known that was a clock. This gets pointed out. The witness is shocked. After that she wants to testify once more. In the testimony she says she directly called the police after seeing the crime, but she still seems to know what's on the letter. Yet another contradiction. The request is being made if her lab can be researched, to see if the handwriting is somewhere to be found. In this search you get a break. You can talk to two people. They both show Psyche-Locks. Edgeworth shows 3 Psyche-Locks about why he prosecutes, and Tist shows (I kid you not) 5 locks about who she is. She seems rather nervous. Then court continues. There has been a huge discovery. There is no handwriting to be found in the lab, but... the body of Tist has been found?!?! How?!?! She's testifying here. A DNA-test is being requested. From now on, you'll only get to answer multiple choice questions. After the DNA test, there is yet another reveal. The DNA of "Tist" is the same as Cindy Stone! Now all the things makes sense. After all this, a break is being held. Cindy tells her story. At least, she wants to, but in the break, she gets shot. She's dead. No one saw something, until a new witness appeared. Xavier Periment wants to help solving the murder of his boss, Tist. Who was dead in the lab. He heard it and wanted to help. He tells about his job, but he avoids the subject "What are you working on?" But fine, he's gonna testify. I didn't write this part fully yet, but at the end, the research he says is doing is false. This is the end. Xavier tells what he and his boss been really doing. He's been bringing people back to life (my supernatural part). This tells everything. He brought back two people: Cindy Stone, and Gregory Edgeworth.
This is the whole story:
After the reviving, something went wrong. Cindy escaped, when only Tist was there. Cindy knew she couldn't just walk around like her own self, so she killed Tist to be disguised as her. Gregory is now under control of Cindy. She is planning on killing the one who killed her. Cindy hits up Edgeworth, giving him a deal. She would frame Larry for the murder, he would prosecute him, and be reunited with his father in return. Edgeworth can't refuse. But, the trial goes wrong. Cindy is about to reveal the whole experiment. This would ruin the reputation for all the scientist in this company, including Periment, who sees only one way out: killing the leak. He shot Cindy.

Is this enough to still enter?

And B: I wanna really decide the next theme.

[Answered]
My answer to the answer:

Oh okay. When/Where is the new comp?
Last edited by Mr. Insane on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I don't consider myself crazy...

I prefer insane...
But that's Mr. Insane for you.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm afraid we're past the competition deadline, so further entries aren't possible.

Feel free to enter in the next competition, though!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

my money when
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Lind wrote:Image
Oh god, not that again!
Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Post by Acid Rain »

Tiagofvarela wrote:my money when
Get in line, man.

rip less cool ttt banner
clcman
Spoken languages: English

Post by clcman »

clcman wrote: Barring an attack by a vengeful vampire/zombie/ghost/alien alliance, our final results should be up in 48 hours or less or your money that you haven't paid us back!
In my defense, it was an alliance of cyborg vampires. I have, however, discovered this file sent to me from me in the future. Which you would think would have gotten it to me on time, but whatever. Don't question time travel. Just don't. It won't end well.

Anyways, I've PM'd Bad Player a check for all of the money in the universe that I don't own (as well as some legal advice about what to tell the cops when he tries to cash it). For everyone else, you might find this to be of interest:

THIS IS IT, PEOPLE!!

OR IS IT!?
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

or it is.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

So as to not spoil whomever it may concern, I have hidden my reaction to the award ceremony in the following spoiler.
Alternatively, this is actually just a ploy to make you think the link above is truly the award ceremony. Who knows? Want to find out?
Spoiler : :
Congratulations Detective Luke Atmey! Your trial sure sounds great, despite so much being kept behind tight lips.
More importantly, congratulations me! I knew, deep deep inside, that you'd make it. Go me!
To all the other entrants, I don't know why, but these competitions sure produce a bunch of trials that always sound so damned interesting. You can be sure I'll play every last one of the blasted little buggers as they get released.

This leaves me in charge of the next competition which... well... dear me. No idea what to do or what'll happen or anything but I'll kidnap someone more competent than me to do the behind the scenes work. I can assure you efficiency. Or apparent efficiency.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Congrats to everyone! I hope everyone had fun and I'm looking forward playing everyone's entries.