Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Negative Zone

Kazuko was not feeling her best. Actually, the fact that a Ghoul was currently rushing towards her was something she decided wasn't very good. She was about to actually make some kind of terrified whimper, but Lamorak had something to say about it.

"This Ghoul... I see now. Kazuko, avoid making any unnecessary noises. They seem to be tracking you through the sounds you make. Believe in yourself and focus on the opponent in front of you. If you can defeat this Ghoul, you'll be able to aid the others in their fights."

Well, that settled it then. Kazuko stifled her scream, and made a snap decision. She was going to do something extremely reckless.

She skated towards the Ghoul who was charging at her. From an outside perspective, it may have looked like two warriors who were about to mutually exchange blows.

Instead, Kazuko raised a single finger, pointing it directly to the Ghoul's mouth. She froze the Ghoul's mouth shut, but it would only last for a brief moment. Once she felt like she was close enough, Kazuko gracefully jumped into the air, and kicked the Ghoul while it was struggling to unfreeze its mouth. She put all of her strength into both kicking the Ghoul's head, and using it as a launch pad, as she jumped far away to the left with all the momentum that the kick had given her.

Once she landed onto the ground, she stayed completely still to test Lamorak's theory, doing her very best to avoid breathing. She was basically playing dead, except her eyes were still wide open. Still, at least she could see how much damage she had done to the Ghoul. And all of that aside...

Oh wow. I actually did that. I am the coolest! ... Wait that wasn't an intentional pun. Do the others think I'm cool? I hope so.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Reyson
Spoken languages: English

Post by Reyson »

The Negative Zone

Jane’s shot pierced the center Ghoul and caused it to collapse into a mass of mysterious material, which then charged her. Karen raced away toward the rightmost Ghoul and raised her shield to protect her from any potential attacks. Suddenly, Thorne’s vines trapped it. Well, that worked pretty well! Now Karen just had to deliver the killing blow. She slid to a halt, her boots kicking up dirt before the mass of vines.

Now I just have to think of the best way that I can do this.

Suddenly, Karen noticed Kazuko performing an acrobatic attack on her own Ghoul. Karen’s jaw dropped for a moment. She was lucky Thorne seemed to be holding the Ghoul closest to Karen in place, or she’d have been toast.

“Holy…”

Once Karen picked her jaw up off the floor, she turned back toward the Ghoul ensnared in vines, let out an angry scream, and went to jump up on its head and deliver a blow with her newly enhanced weapon.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Negative Zone

The Ghoul Kazuko kicked spiraled into the ground, mouth still frozen.

Not destroyed however, it rose back up and immediately began tearing at the ice encompassing it's mouth.

It struggled and tore with great ferocity until..

*SMASH!*

It tore itself free!

Mouth restored, it be began to howl. It howled all around it...and then seemed to begin howling in other directions, turning it's head and body to howl in it's surrounding area. Until it Howled in Kazuko's general direction.

The Ghoul stopped in its tracks and began howling more in the area Kazuko was in, until it was howling right at her.

In a moment the Ghoul was rushing at Kazuko once again. This time seeming to go for a headbutt so as to not have a frozen mouth again.

The Ghoul tangled in Thorne's vines continued Struggling to get them free. But it's kicks and tears seemed unnatural...focused, somehow...

It's head turned the moment Karen screamed at it before lunging. It howled in her direction as she leapt into the air.

And....in a moment, before the attack, The Ghoul solidified it's body! Karen's staff cut into the vines!

No longer bound by vines, the Ghoul forced itself back, making distance and howled at the pair again.

This time, after doing so, the Ghoul suddenly smashed its own arm into the ground. It knelled down next to where it had attacked the floor and seemed to huddle up.

A moment later, between Thorne and Karen, the Ghoul's appendage burst from the ground in a tentacle form! It lashed around swinging this way and that at rapid speeds, seeming content to hit pretty much anything!
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
GuardianDreamer

The Negative Zone

Kazuko let out a small scream upon realizing that the Ghoul was headed in her general direction. Right. Maybe she had severely underestimated the Ghoul's capability to hear. For the briefest moment, she really wished she had more information on Ghoul anatomy. If they had some sort of ear equivalent, then maybe freezing them would temporarily render them completely unable to tell where she was. Then she realized that this was an extremely pointless thing to wonder about when one was charging at her. Right. What were her options, then? Be gay, do crimes? ... Wait, she was supposed to stop crime. At least the other part was valid.

To start with, Kazuko ungracefully got back up from the floor, nearly falling down again due to her desperation to get back up as soon as possible. She faced the charging ghoul. Right. Not much time. She focused on her umbrella, which had been turned into ice a while back... And proceeded to unfreeze it. She doubted maintaining the ice was going to be a deal-breaker for her magic reserves, but she wanted to perform as focused of an attack as possible.

Suddenly, her right hand was slowly being encased in ice. She took a deep breath, and took it a step further. Anyone looking at her would be able to see that she had encased her entire right arm up to her shoulder in ice. ... This was a reckless plan, and she wanted to minimize the chances of the Ghoul directly making contact with her skin.

And as the Ghoul charged head-first at Kazuko, she gathered all the strength she could... And directly met the Ghoul's charge with a punch to the head, her fist of ice intent on destroying the Ghoul.

"I've had enough! The others need me and I'm not letting you stop me!"
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Negative Zone:

Oh no. Thorne had known her vines probably wouldn't hold it for long, but for Karen's attack to free it... This was bad. She had to come up with something else, quick-- What would Cutie Gold do??

Unfortunately, while she was puzzling that out, the Ghoul was making its move, plunging its appendage into the ground. It seemed an odd attack-- What was it trying to do? It was only then that Thorne managed to put two and two together.

It can't be... is it... copying my power!?

Thorne started to move just as the Ghoul's arm burst from the ground, smacking her directly in the chest and flinging her like a ragdoll through the air. She skipped like a stone across the ground before coming to a halt, lying limp on the ground.

"Guh...! Gah..." Thorne grunted as she struggled to pull herself together. The wind had been completely knocked out of her, but she was alive, at least.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

The Negative Zone

Karen flew through the air like an orange and black comet, or perhaps a ferocious tiger, quickly closing on the trapped Ghoul. Thorne really made it an easy target, tying it up like this. How convenient. Now if she just hit it with her fancy new staff…

Oops.

The Ghoul wasn’t at all affected by the attack, and in fact it ended up better off than it started. Its body solidified as Karen moved to strike, and all she ended up accomplishing was destroying all of Thorne’s hard work to get the Ghoul incapacitated. Nonetheless, the Ghoul did seem to retreat a little bit, so maybe Karen had hurt it?

Any hopes she had of that were quickly dashed when a huge tentacle shot up from the ground, attacking anything in sight. The first thing that happened to fall victim to it? Thorne. Karen watched helplessly as her new companion was rocked by the tentacle, laying limp for a moment. Karen stood and stared.

We’re all going to die.

Karen felt her throat close up and her breathing increase. Uncertain of her companion’s status, she started to freak out.

“Karen. Go protect her. We can win this.” Xuande reassured her. In the past few seconds, Karen had entirely forgotten who she was now. Until Xuande spoke up, Karen may as well have been the same Karen that she was before she met Xuande. She was scared out of her mind. She wanted to go home. She wanted a mimosa. Once her Seer reminded her of her identity, she was filled with courage. She was Karen the Brave. She was a Magical Girl. She was the exact type of person for this fight. In fact, as far as she could tell, she and her new friends were the only type of people for this fight. Not only that, Karen could see Thorne stirring. Karen wiped sweat and dirt from her face and sprinted toward Thorne. As the tentacle crashed down around her, she hopped this way and that. Pieces of shrapnel flew into her face as she struggled to see.

Once she reached Thorne, she slid down to her knees and planted her staff in the ground once again, throwing up another barrier between the two and the Ghoul. Karen had no idea how long it could withstand the attacks of the Ghoul, but Thorne didn’t need to know that their protection was only temporary. Karen wrapped an arm around Thorne.

“It’s okay. I’m right here. I’ll protect you.” Karen whispered, concentrating her energy on maintaining the barrier.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

The Negative Zone

As the Ghoul encroached on Karen and the KO'd Thorne...a red mist began to appear behind it.

Nobody was sure when it began spreading or where it came from, but it appeared and spread, soon creating a thick, red fog that began to reach the Ghoul itself.

"Kyeh heh heh heh....You insolent whelps dare to threaten my domain, do you...?"

A voice familiar to these magical girls, yet not heard since arriving in the Negative Zone, echoed from somewhere behind the Ghoul, yet the source was unseen.

"How tragic for you, then...to meet your end today."

Out from the red mist, appearing seemingly out of nowhere, came a familiar eccentric girl. Yet the girl who had previously been chucking rocks at the blur had a different aura to her now. Dressed in her magical garb - in which her hair was slicked back and up, her buns were replaced by rather devious horns, her gold eye was covered by an intricate eyepatch, and her attire was akin to a vampire with sleeves far too big for her own body - she seemed much more sinister, and in control. She had a cruel glint in her crimson eye and a threatening smirk as she appeared behind the Ghoul and placed the end of one of her sleeves to its back.

"My Angelic Limiter has been sealed. Face the wrath of my Hellfire."

The end of her large sleeve suddenly opened up, and out from it...a fast, blazing stream of black flames shot out, directly at the Ghoul's back. Though the fire burned bright, the flames were darker than Hell, and the mysterious Ruby's gleeful expression as she attempted to incinerate the Ghoul from point blank held a menacing aura.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

#LibraryGang

"FRIGGIN' YAAAAAAAWWWWN!" The Blobs continued to intrude upon the tutor session, ignoring everything around them telling them to stop, directly or otherwise. "JEEZ, this guy's a bigger drag than Cutiestrike's third season! In a series full of shoehorned lesbians, that has to be the shoehorniest, AND the lesbianest! The series COMPLETELY FORGOT it's Magical Girl roots, it's just an Ess-Oh-Ell fanfic with extra frills! It's the WORST! JUST LIKE YOU!"

"Now, I think that's quite enough."

A new voice whispered near the table, belonging to a woman standing opposite the underclass girl. Despite being relatively tall, her presence at the table was surprisingly diminished. She held a stern look on her face... or, she tried to, anyways. One of her hands flew to her mouth and she gasped in apparent shock.

"A-Ah...! I-I-I didn't... I didn't mean to say that out loud...!"

"YEAH, REAL CONVINCING, GRAMMA!" The Blobs didn't back down, and Laura Gray went blue in the face again as a result. "HAHAHA! LOOK AT HER! SHE'S GOT THE WORST POKER FACE!"

"Oh no... I sincerely apologize for... er- for interrupting you. B-But it sounded like you were almost finished, correct?" She let out a soft sigh. "Perhaps I should leave as well... today's been too long..."
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Library

What was this? They were ending early, and he was getting a free treat just for showing up? Wow, maybe he should come to these things more often.

"Anything you are in the mood for?" asked the tutor, to which Kuro responded with a snide, "Pssh," followed by, "You can't go wrong with ice cream."

Kuro was the first to get up, clearly the most excited to get out of this library, when a whisper from next to him got a bigger reaction out of him than anything the blobs shouted, causing him to nearly jump in place and jerk his body to face the newcomer. "Jeez! Don't sneak up on people like that." Just great, another bystander to be oblivious as these blob things continued to torment only Kuro. He didn't bother to answer her question, figuring that was the tutor's job. He just wanted to get out of here.

Front Gate

By the time Howler reached the entrance, the girls had already entered the negative zone, so all he saw was 6 blurry shapes near the gate. "Oh no oh no, there's so many of them! What am I gonna do? I don't think even Kuro can take this many!" He obviously didn't notice the sneaky Slasher Fanta, but he himself was making so much noise that he was impossible to miss.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Negative Zone

Knocked flat on her bottom by the force of her rifle's recoil, Jane rubbed her bad leg as she struggled to regain her own footing. Despite this, there was a feeling of catharsis as she watched the Ghoul melt away from the gaping hole she created by firing at its chest. That feeling however was quickly killed of the moment the pile of goop began to move, making a bee line straight towards Jane and slowly reforming its body. Before Jane could react, she was suddenly tossed aside as another ghoul's attack grazed her leg. This unexpected turn of events left Jane sprawled on the floor, helpless.

Yay! Friend still wants to play!

Rrgh... Shut the hell up! That thing wants to kill us! She yelled in her mind, grimacing as she turned herself right side-up to face the threat.

No killing. Killing bad. Only friendship. Friend good.

SCREW FRIENDSHIP BIRD BRAIN!

Jane looked around her for help, but all the others were already occupied with their own problems. Even the "backup" that arrived had chosen to save the very much protected Karen and Thorne. Gee, don't mind Jane, the obviously crippled girl on the floor about to be mauled by a freakin' shadow demon from hell. She scowled.

Whatever, she didn't need anyone's help anyway. She couldn't panic at this crucial moment. She ignored the annoying bird in her head and the chaos around her, instead focusing all of her attention on the ghoul charging her. Time seemed to slow down to a crawl as Jane steadied her breathing. Everything from the ghoul's movements, the screams of the others girls, to Jane's own breathing happened in slow motion. You've shot a rifle before... targeting a badly painted cardboard cutout... supervised. Remember what dad taught you.

Though magical, Jane treated the rifle in her hand like the real deal. She cocked her gun, a featherless quill is expelled from the rifle and falls to the floor as the next shot is loaded. Jane looks down the sights and focuses her aim, lightly gripping the handle. With a slow exhale, she squeezes the trigger.

Die.

At that moment, Jane's perception of time returns to normal and a pink beam of energy is fired straight at the ghoul's head.
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Negative Zone

Hearing Ruby's speech behind it, the right most Ghoul stopped the attacking with it's tentacle.

It's head turned side to side, seeming to try and find the source of the noise until suddenly it's body was engulfed in black fire!

The Ghoul squirmed and shook, but as it was, it was mostly a lump, body having been turned into the appendage wrecking havoc.

The kneeling lump of Ghoul resisted but ultimately shattered, giant tentacle falling to the ground motionless.

The Left most Ghoul smashed into Kazuko's ice fist head on.

The clashing forces almost making a comic book BOOM effect.

The Ghoul's body turned to mush, still moving forward as a high speed puddle, head shattered.

The middle Ghoul, mid rush was shot through the head. Bits of itself blew backward and the beast stopped it's charge and retreated backwards.

The hole slowly reformed around it's head, healing the damages. Feather bullet seeming to go through it's mouth rather than it's head.

It howled and barked around to try and find Jane but seemed to bark at standard human length, not accounting for someone on the floor.

....However.

The Puddle of Ghoul left by Kazuko's punch had not been subdued fully. Rising from the puddle in accordance with the howling of the middle Ghoul, was another Ghoul. Smaller than before with the large chunk of it's head blown away. It was considerably smaller.

But it moved towards the Middle Ghoul, rushing towards the sound of it's yells.

The previously motionless tentacle of the burned Ghoul melted back into goop, and as a mushy puddle moved to the middle ghoul as well.

When all three joined, they covered one another and merged into a bigger Ghoul. One Ghoul, bigger than all previous Ghouls.

Tall enough to be looking down on the Magical Girls in the area...assuming it had eyes.

It let lose a loud roar, seeming to try and find the girls.

Once it was satisfied it found something. It rose it's right arm, body shifting to add more of the mush making up the left arm into the right arm to form a sort of hammer like hand and smash at the ground.

The attack wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Gate

The Blur that housed the Ghoul seemed to shift back and forth more rapidly.

Spoiler : OOC :
I'm going to try and wrap this fight up now. Big Ghoul is final part.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Negative Zone - Final Battle:

As Thorne's head slowly stopped spinning from the hit she took, she opened her eyes. She saw a new Magical Girl descended in a cloud of red and set their attacker ablaze with black flames. Luckily they were protected by Karen's shield, and Karen who seemed to... have her... arm around her....

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

"ouch jeez! i didn't know you could hurt your ears listening to thoughts?? anyways you done napping kid, cause last i checked, we still got Ghouls!"

After that quick bit of internal gay screaming, Thorne shook herself back awake, and quickly stood herself up, trying to create a bit of distance.

"Th-thank you," Thorne said, her embarrassment outweighing her pain. "Ugh, I guess I'm not a magical girl built for taking hits..."

As if that wasn't the worst part, the Ghouls started to come together, and all three of the weakened Ghouls fused into one giant Ghoul, about to drop the hammer on them with a now-massive arm.

"M-Miss Karen, keep up your shield!" Thorne said, grabbing onto the staff-- She closed her eyes and channeled her magic into the staff once more-- This time, her energy combined into the barrier, and a series of razor sharp spikes jutted outwards from the shield, facing the oncoming attack.
GuardianDreamer

The Negative Zone

Kazuko felt both very terrified and very relieved when her blow landed as cleanly as it did. For a brief moment, she was prepared to congratulate herself for subduing a Ghoul, and checking to see who needed the most help since she had been so caught up in her own struggle. It was Lamorak who pointed out that something was amiss.

"... Get some distance, now! Kazuko, I would recommend trying to get closer to your allies while keeping some distance from what's happening."

Lamorak had a few guesses as to what was happening and none of them resulted in favorable outcomes. He at first suspected that the Ghoul that Kazuko had defeated was going to launch one last powerful attack while at Death's door, but as soon as he observed the state of the other Ghouls, he realized what was actually happening. Kazuko, to her credit, was only startled for a brief moment before she decided to follow Lamorak's advice as quickly as she could. She observed the formation of the massive Ghoul, a more powerful opponent that she wasn't sure how to take on. The Ghouls had been human-sized, but their combined form was much bigger than that. She would need to rely on different tactics.

There were five of them against one powerful opponent. She had noticed Ruby's arrival, but had been too busy internally screaming about a Ghoul trying to attack her, so she hadn't said anything. She was cute, though. ... Wait, that wasn't particularly relevant to anything happening except for Kazuko's own gayness, which did not seem like a huge factor in the fight. If it was, she would have won already.

"Hi everyone, I'm going to try to do something! This should make the attack hurt less, I hope? ... Wait that's my attack it stole! Give it back!" Kazuko said, managing to skate over to where Thorne and Karen were and closer to the shield. She was in disbelief that the Ghoul could learn a move from her and the implications that it came with in terms of the Ghoul's ability to adapt. If she had been more focused on the other fights going on, she would have realized that Thorne had the same thing happen, but she didn't have time to hesitate. She saw how the Ghoul was seemingly sacrificing parts of its left arm in order to fuel the right.

It looked somewhat ridiculous, but Kazuko raised both of her hands up, along with one of her feet, relying on the remaining foot to maintain balance. Three blasts of ice combined into one, intent on freezing as much of the Ghoul's left arm as she could so that it wouldn't be able to sacrifice more to fuel its attack. She was being particularly reckless with her magic use by doing this, but even if it ended up exhausting her later, it seemed like the best option now.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

#LibrarySquad

"It's fine," Kyomou sighed as he stood up. "I'm sorry if the tutoring session bothered your work. We are going to head out now,"

Turning towards Kuro and the female underclassman, "Ice Cream sounds good. I know a good place not too far from the school."

Without paying any mind to the Seers in the room, he made a quick mental note of those they seemed to be partners of before heading out the door.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Negative Zone

The Big Ghoul's left arm, vulnerable and shriveled due to the right arms attack, froze from Kazuko's ice with ease.

However, the Right arm attack was still plenty strong, colliding with Karen's shield fiercely.

The Thorns surrounding it dug into the Ghoul's arm.

The beast roared out in pain but pushed harder and harder.

As the thorns dug in, bits of it's arms began being dispelled and firing off from the attack.

Eventually the Ghoul returned it's arm, deciding it's attack would not work.

It pulled it's enlarged right arm back...and absorbed it into it's body.

A bloat seemed to move through it, from Right arm stump, down the torso, and the lump seemed to split off into both legs.

The big Ghoul now stood armless.

But a moment later, Two large tentacles shot from the ground around the magical girls! Spinning wildly!

Neither seemed targeted at any one person but both were far to close for comfort!