The Lawpocalypse - AWARDS CEREMONY

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

The Lawpocalypse - AWARDS CEREMONY

Post by SuperAj3 »

(After the great Objection of 2033, only the plants survived.)
AWARDS CEREMONY!
Watch the awards ceremony here!
IT'S THE END!... Or is it?
In the history of humankind there have been countless prophecies of the end of the world. So many that, little by little, people stopped paying attention. Too bad, because go figure, one of them came true. Was it a virus that escaped a military base? Some cosmic power beyond everyone's control? Who knows. What matters is that humanity's in shambles and the survivors gotta, well, keep surviving somehow.
TASK:
For this comp, your task is simple: Create a story surrounding the end of the world/the rapture/the apocalypse as a key element of the plot. The end of the world could be imminent, could have just occurred, or could be happening during the entirety of your story. Flashbacks to events of an apocalyptic event in years past are also relevant. Provided this theme plays a visible role in your story, you have complete freedom to take it from there. (Failed attempts at ending the world are also within the theme).

Try to get creative with your usage of this theme! Does the law exist in your post-apocalyptic world? Who survived? Who caused the calamity? Why is only Winston Payne the last living human alive!? Have fun with this! (Contrary to the title, you don't need to make a classical AA trial/investigation style case either).

JUDGING:
Story - Make sure you stick to the theme, and try to maintain the hallmarks of a good case (good pacing, natural dialogue, sound logic).
Presentation - Pick relevant music and graphics to set the tone and mood of your case! (I'm willing to provide the background in the preview image if you need -SuperAj3).
Gameplay - Try to have fair and interesting puzzles, engaging investigations, etc.
Theme Relevance - As long as the apocalypse or any derivation of it is a focus of your case, you'll be good! Try for interesting incorporations of this theme to create unexpected or unique stories.

CONDITIONS:
  • The entry must have been created between May 17th 2019 and August 17th 2019.
  • The entry must not be showcased until after the deadline, but may be showcased before the judging period ends.
  • The entry may be a trial, investigation, comedy or miscellaneous creation.
  • The entry must incorporate the apocalypse as part of your story. This can be reference to it happening years ago, happening now, or about to happen.
  • The entry may contain spoilers for any AA game except Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2.
  • The entry may be incomplete.
  • You must also comply with the rules within the Case Competition Rules thread.
DEADLINE:
The entry must be submitted to both Ann-nna and SuperAj3 by August 17th, 2019 at 11:59 PM AEDT (with an additional 24-hours leeway because AJ's Australian and a day ahead of most countries), along with a walkthrough.

ENTRANTS:
Submitted Withdrew
  • Super legenda
  • Salamence
  • DJJ6800
  • the.armenator
  • DannyPlaysSomeGames
  • CorruptedFlame
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:36 am, edited 13 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Southern Corn
Spoken languages: English, Bad Jokes

Re: The Lawpocalypse

Post by Southern Corn »

Well, this is certainly an... interesting direction to take the case comps in. Hopefully the results won't be as apocalyptic as this theme, am I right?

Nah but seriously good luck to everyone who's participating this time. Sadly, as usual I'll be skimping out especially since our case is still incomplete somehow
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Southern Corn wrote:Well, this is certainly an... interesting direction to take the case comps in. Hopefully the results won't be as apocalyptic as this theme, am I right?

Nah but seriously good luck to everyone who's participating this time. Sadly, as usual I'll be skimping out especially since our case is still incomplete somehow
"... interesting" is my usual MO it seems LMAO And no, a figuaritively apocalyptic entry is also welcome LMAO
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

I'll join, i have some things in mind since a while.
Be ready for Turnabout Erasure.
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

oh cool so i can just resubmit my case from the last comp?
Salamence

Post by Salamence »

I'm joining!
Also, since you're Australian, does that mean I can start working on my entry today despite it being the 16th where I am?

Part 1 complete

DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Count me in. Let’s see if I can do any better here.
Ann-nna
Spoken languages: English, German

Post by Ann-nna »

Great! We're looking forward to everyone's entries! :sawhit:
DWaM wrote:oh cool so i can just resubmit my case from the last comp?
Well, you can try... :hello:
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

I’m joining! I should be working on LotH, but it’s good to work off some of the burnout that comes with making a project that big. LotH will still aim for a Case 1 release by July 1... but
EXPLANATIONS ASIDE YEAH IM JOINING YALL ARE GONNA LOVE MY CASE
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
clcman

Post by clcman »

Begins furiously writing BASEic/HTB! crossover case.
Salamence wrote:I'm joining!
Also, since you're Australian, does that mean I can start working on my entry today despite it being the 16th where I am?
Yes. You can start the instant the comp thread goes up, regardless of what your local time is. Just like how you are supposed to submit the entry by the time/date the judge thinks it is, not your local time.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

This is a super cool theme! I'm not entering since I've still gotta finish Oblivion, but maybe I'll finish that soon enough so I can enter this too?
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
clcman

Post by clcman »

For everyone's personal reference, I'll just link to this TvTropes page, which includes a handy apocalypse-type-and-severity scale at the bottom.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... calypseHow

I look forward to seeing all of your Class X-4 disasters.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

My submission is called "And to Turnabouts You Shall Return".
Sign me up, 100%. I'm in Stage Planning.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
DannyPlaysSomeGames
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by DannyPlaysSomeGames »

I dunno if Dark Age of Law counts as an apocalypse situation, but I can try to make it in such a way that it could be (like maybe show that crime rate has increased heavily and that there is little police force left, making it a social disruption in California or even the US).

This was for a case I planned to make as part of my fangame (that will probably never be finished because Awful Time Management TM), but I see that it has some standalone value and still makes sense as-is.

I'll sign up then later see if I feel comfortable submitting it. So I'll probably start working on my possible submission, "In The Darkest of Turnabouts" (that's the best name I can come up with at the moment).
Hey there
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

While I'm not joining, I declare my availability as a playtester.

I playtested the previous comp's winning entry, so you may consider me as your winning ticket ;]