Issue when Updating Character Position

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

¿Acid Rain?
Spoken languages: English

Issue when Updating Character Position

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

Recently (i.e. today), I noticed that certain frames were glitching out where they had previously worked fine. I can only assume that this was caused by the newest update and, more specifically, the addition of appearance/disappearance animations.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://aaonline.fr/editor.php?trial_id=110224

As per the linked trial, the editor will not update a character's position if the character was previously present on screen. If the scene where Eldoon is added was played prior to AAO's most recent update, Daryan would slide smoothly from the center to his new position on the left while the Eldoon sprite pops up. As you can see, that is no longer the case. I have fiddled with the new appearance and disappear options - as well as the "hide previously shown characters" option - to try and recreate how the editor used to handle updating character positions to no avail.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Issue when Updating Character Position

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for the report. I had received a report of a bug caused by the change and knew how to fix that, but this one is different. I'll investigate and hope to have a fix up soon.

Especially thanks for the test case. For future use, I'm compiling a trial that consists of things designed to break any changes to the character display...
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson