Center names in textboxes

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

NickWright7002
Spoken languages: English

Center names in textboxes

Post by NickWright7002 »

Pretty quick n' easy suggestion.
Fit names by center in a textbox, so it looks more authentic to PW:AA games. (The name in the plate is aligned to center).
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Center names in textboxes

Post by Enthalpy »

I did a bit of checking. In most AA games, it's centered, but it's left aligned in DD and SoJ. Either way, this should indeed be a quick and easy suggestion. I'll probably do it, but I'll need to consult with the other semi-active dev, and I'll leave the matter up for feedback first.

A better solution would be to let the player customize this, but we don't have the infrastructure for that.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
ThePaSch
Spoken languages: English, German (native)

Re: Center names in textboxes

Post by ThePaSch »

Enthalpy wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:11 pm In most AA games, it's centered, but it's left aligned in DD and SoJ.
I'd say we center it, since AAO is "emulating" the DS/GBA games, not the 3DS games - as such, we should probably stick to their style.

Perhaps we could make it customizable if we ever get around to implementing different UI skins (and perhaps define it on a per-skin basis).