GIMP editing for Dummies

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

applekitty
Spoken languages: English

GIMP editing for Dummies

Post by applekitty »

I've been using GIMP for almost 10 years now. I'm going to give you some simple and easy tutorials for some specific spriting or art issues I've seen crop up multiple times, as well as how to use any custom resources that I put out.

Originally, all these tutorials were kept unlisted and only for certain people on Discord, which is why they sound like that. I figured it was best if I post them so that way everyone can use them.

General Tutorials

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image

Specific Asset Tutorials

Image - Image

Assets

Cut-ins
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImageImage
AAO Background + Buttons
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage
This is made by me, and is not totally 1:1 with what you see on the site:
Image - Image
Last edited by applekitty on Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:37 am, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImageImage
eerew

Re: GIMP editing for Dummies

Post by eerew »

wow. these tutorials were really quick and simple and even a bozo like me could do them. i heard some bad words in them but i didn't cry (i got pretty close though)
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

eerew wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:42 pm wow. these tutorials were really quick and simple and even a bozo like me could do them. i heard some bad words in them but i didn't cry (i got pretty close though)
I promise, one day, you'll cry.
ImageImageImage
vintprox
Spoken languages: English, Russian

Post by vintprox »

Man, it's a gold. :o Just don't hide it behind "access by link". Can't blame anyone for getting lost on such forums. :?
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

vintprox wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:12 pm Just don't hide it behind "access by link". Can't blame anyone for getting lost on such forums. :?
Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you asking if I should I make the videos accessible through just a text link rather than by a image link?
ImageImageImage
vintprox
Spoken languages: English, Russian

Post by vintprox »

ChingKittyCat wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 am
vintprox wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:12 pm Just don't hide it behind "access by link". Can't blame anyone for getting lost on such forums. :?
Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you asking if I should I make the videos accessible through just a text link rather than by a image link?
No, I mean expose them to the public on YouTube. And put a link in the description of the video back to this forum topic. It's just better 8)
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

vintprox wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:43 pm No, I mean expose them to the public on YouTube. And put a link in the description of the video back to this forum topic. It's just better 8)
I'm not really comfortable doing that, even though it make sense to do. Personal preference.
ImageImageImage