GLITCH

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

stepladder6
Spoken languages: English

GLITCH

Post by stepladder6 »

Hi all,

I just realized I accidentally posted in the French forum for bugs :shock:

But I digress, let us talk about my glitch.

Today, while I was in the midst of creating my trial, I decided to playtest it to see my progress. However, when the pre-trial loading screen was supposed to show up (when it loads sounds, images and sprites), it did not even show up.

I tried to save as that fixes 414 REQUEST TOO LARGE, but a message appeared, stating that the save failed. I exited the trial, but then it randomly signed me out and now I lost 2 hours of worktime (including organizing a disarray of sprites.) :tigre:

I don't know if the server timed out or if I lost Internet connection, but please, can an AAO veteran help and fix a problem (additionally enlightening me in the process) for an AAO rookie here? I am forever in debt to whomever fixes it. :pearlhappy:

Best,
stepladder6
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: GLITCH

Post by Enthalpy »

Hi, thanks for the report, and I'm sorry to hear about this.

The AAO playtest system was not designed with the assumption that somebody would be playtesting 2 hours worth of unsaved work. We have a mechanism to pass unsaved work to the playtest system without saving it. It sounds like you had so much unsaved data that the transfer system failed.

I don't think there is a way to get your data back. To avoid this, your best option is to save more frequently. In terms of making sure this doesn't happen again, that's on the developers. I need time to think about this before I can make any promises. I'm not sure how to fix this.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
stepladder6
Spoken languages: English

Post by stepladder6 »

thank you
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

Actually, it happen on Firefox only. On Firefox, you are logout automatically every three hours. But you didn't need to close your trial, actually. Just log in again and save after that.
Image Image Image Image Image
AlterUniverse
Spoken languages: Español, English, Deutsch, Eu falo um pouco de PT

Post by AlterUniverse »

That's a common bug in Firefox, the best mettod to avoid it is open two tabs, one with the main page of AAO and another one where you work in your case, when that bug occurrs to you or some error in the moment you try to save your case go to the other tab, refresh it and log into your account, then go to the main tab where your project is and save it, with that you are not gonna lose your progress.
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

You could see more details here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1319622
But yeah, it's a Firefox thing, not an AAO one.
Image Image Image Image Image