[T][CE] A Turnabout With Too Many Faces ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Trybien
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] A Turnabout With Too Many Faces ●

Post by Trybien »

Don't know why I never posted here, but played it when it came out and had a lot of fun with it.
Spoiler : Stuff :
Only real "gripe" per-se is there are points of the alternative theories/fake crazy Phoenix stuff I in general found more interesting than where the endgame of the trial took us with Dahlia as some eldritch horror. The end was certainly a wonderful mindwarp of a ride, but a part of me wishes we could be in an alternate world where this didn't have a competition deadline and DWaM was willing to make alternate endings where Phoenix full on buys into the voice in his head and have the case and reality fall apart for him.

Other than that, I will forever be impressed and envious of your ability to make a vocal track work in an Ace Attorney case. While that whole final confrontation was a bit too goofy for me personally, it was very impressive and very hype.

Also I stan 2015 Tumblr Edgeworth.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
omroom

Post by omroom »

I just finished this case and
Spoiler : :
I do not think I will sleep tonight.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Spoiler : Thoughts :
I don't know what I just played man. This case broke my mind fixed it and then smashed it with a hammer. The ending of Sam's CE was so creepy yet so beautiful. I've never been so moved and yet confused by a piece of media like this ever, well done DWaM.

Also the "A Really Pissed Off Edgeworth has joined your party." line gave me a good laugh.
shadowofedgeworth

Post by shadowofedgeworth »

I made an account just to say I enjoyed this. I'm really fond of the first four Ace Attorney games but had never played any fan case before this. The little series continuity touches, combined with the intriguing mystery and solid writing, came together to make a great ride.
Having Phoenix and Klavier butt heads in court post-GS4 is not a scenario I ever really thought about, but it worked well here.
Basically, I had the kind of fun I didn't think I would ever have with an Ace Attorney game again. Thank you, DWaM and all the rest of the team!
Msipp26

Post by Msipp26 »

best thing about this was miles' profile picture, honestly.
:dekiller:
just a guy with a lot of ideas but who isn't very good at executing them.

THERE ARE MYSTERIES OTHER THAN LOCKED ROOMS, YOU GUYS. NOT EVERY CASE HAS TO BE A LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY.

comment "Danganronpa chapter 3" on any trial with more than one murder
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise »

In all seriousness, I really loved this case.
Screwing with the player's perspective like this is so cool, and it helped put us in the same exact position as Phoenix in the end. The reveal was A+. I really liked how the Villain posed herself as an ally to Phoenix just to screw him over even more. Diabolical. Edgeworth having absolutely none of it was pretty funny as well, which helped balance out the ominous tone of the case post-reveal. Tying it into the Fey/Hawthorne storyline was pretty inspired too and the resulting excorcism (for lack of a better word) was just grade-A nightmare fuel. All in all, this case is a new favorite of mine.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

I logged in after a million years just to say I didn't know you were still making these and I'm very excited to give this a shot!