[M][CE] TSTLGoLAHAPASTTTSTATTTGGoF ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

[M][CE] TSTLGoLAHAPASTTTSTATTTGGoF ●

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Hi hello, this is an entry made for the The Miracle Happen :') competition hosted by Spongesonic and Trybien. It won awards for best writing and best supporting cast!

Here's the link and stuff: https://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=142041

I hope that you enjoy reading it, it has no connections with AA aside from the engine it was made in so I would treat it as an independent visual novel that just happened to be made on Ace Attorney Online.
Spongesonic wrote:the romantic interactions between them all is adorable.
Trybien wrote:I morbed
Spoiler : Content Warnings (Major spoilers but click if you need it) :
Major: Gaslighting (very fantastical and not grounded much in reality but it's there), self-loathing, a lot of frank discussions about emotions in general, non-graphic depiction of near-death experience.
Minor: Gender dysphoria, thoughts of suicidal ideation and self-harm (a few lines, nothing depicted or described in detail), discussions about depression and anxiety.
Spoiler : Credits (Spoilery, please don't click until after you finish) :
Created by GuardianDreamer (any/all), a known fujoshi and otokonoko lover.

Made for the The Miracle Happen :') competition, hosted by Trybien and Spongesonic.

Music and sounds are from Shade BGM Material Collection Volumes 1, 2, and 3. Purchased and used according to the terms and conditions. All credit goes to Shade.

All sprites are taken from the AA OC Collection thread.
Storge, Ludus, Mocha, and Vanilla's sprites made by gotMLK7.
Agape, Caramel, and the Storyteller's sprites made by Fen.
Eros and Pragma's sprites made by Hess.
Mania's sprites made by SuperAj3.

Backgrounds used in this were found in the background packs in the Locations thread, any info about their origin beyond that would be appreciated so I could give more proper credit.

Thank you for playing, and thank you to all my friends and loved ones for supporting me throughout my life.

A list of notable influences on this work:
Agape by Melocure
My R by Kurage-P
Needy Girl Overdose
Chainsaw Man
Variable Barricade
Seventh Lair
Vestaria Saga
The works of Kurosawa Rinko
Boogiepop
OreGairu
MAMIYA - A Shared Illusion of the World's End
Sasaki and Miyano
Love Me For Who I Am
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Samurai Cat
1bitHeart
Ring Fit Adventure
The Caligula Effect 2
Ya Boy Kongming!
Spoiler : Walkthrough (Major Spoilers) :
This GAME is HARDER than DARK SOULS??????? - someone out there has probably said this, maybe

Anyway here's some blank space so you don't accidentally click on this and spoil yourself, only use this if you really need it and stuff.

Okay so for real in the sole "playable" section of this, just go to the "co-counsel" conversation and a strange piece of evidence will be added. Present it on any statement to advance.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Trybien
Spoken languages: English

Re: [M][CE] TSTLGoLAHAPASTTTSTATTTGGoF ●

Post by Trybien »

Memes aside, I can confirm that I did in fact morb while playing this.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Spongesonic
Spoken languages: English

Post by Spongesonic »

This one gets an easy recommendation from me! If you're up for a feel-good story, this'll give you what you want :)
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Spoiler : ZERO TIME DILEMMA SPOILERS AND TSTLGoLAHAPASTTTSTATTTGGoF SPOILERS :
Storyteller: "Oh, wait. I need a new protagonist, don't I? Uh..."
Storyteller: "What if I add a blind old man in a wheelchair who literally no one mentions the entire time?"
Eros: "Bruh, that's hella weird. I hope you're jebaiting us."
Storyteller: "...I take it that won't do. I guess third-person will have to do."
Spoiler : Actual Thoughts (also spoilers dummy) :
Very sweet stuff. I was heavily invested for 90% of it despite being very sleep deprived and staying up all night. My only complaints are that the individual confession scenes dragged a bit by the end, though not a great amount (especially Caramel's, which I believe led to me not getting a great grasp of him because I was kind of skimming through his) and that I couldn't get as strong a grasp of Mania (or Caramel, as already mentioned) as the others. Or, I suppose, if "Mania's the reserved one who wishes she were needed and not just wanted" and "Caramel's the chill joker who acts the most normal" are accurate and I wasn't just missing things, then that complaint might become that they aren't as memorable as the rest to me.
Other than that, I loved absolutely everything. Eros and Agape are my favorites and I cackled at their jokes. (Honorable mention to "But what if my jokes are Funny and Make People Feel Better?" because that sounds EXACTLY like something my best friend and I would say to each other, and "Cat got your tongue? Don't worry, I'll use mine to go look for it," especially because of the ambiguity of whether "my tongue" or "my cat" was intended. I hope it's the former for policy reasons LMFAO.
Definitely gonna suggest to some friends that they play this. They'd all love this.

EDIT: Oh - and could we get a music list? eyes emoji
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I'd like to say thank you to both Trybien and Sponge for their kind words and reviews, as well as how they chose to review this story initially. Due to the nature of it, I realize it must have been very difficult to talk about without giving stuff away and they have my gratitude for that. I was especially happy since this is ultimately a very self-indulgent story I wrote primarily for myself (though with the understanding that others would read it eventually) so I wasn't sure how others would take it.
risefromtheashes wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:39 pm
Spoiler : ZERO TIME DILEMMA SPOILERS AND TSTLGoLAHAPASTTTSTATTTGGoF SPOILERS :
Storyteller: "Oh, wait. I need a new protagonist, don't I? Uh..."
Storyteller: "What if I add a blind old man in a wheelchair who literally no one mentions the entire time?"
Eros: "Bruh, that's hella weird. I hope you're jebaiting us."
Storyteller: "...I take it that won't do. I guess third-person will have to do."

I'm very glad that I know what happens in ZTD via cultural osmosis otherwise I would be extremely lost here.
Spoiler : Actual Thoughts (also spoilers dummy) :
Very sweet stuff. I was heavily invested for 90% of it despite being very sleep deprived and staying up all night. My only complaints are that the individual confession scenes dragged a bit by the end, though not a great amount (especially Caramel's, which I believe led to me not getting a great grasp of him because I was kind of skimming through his) and that I couldn't get as strong a grasp of Mania (or Caramel, as already mentioned) as the others. Or, I suppose, if "Mania's the reserved one who wishes she were needed and not just wanted" and "Caramel's the chill joker who acts the most normal" are accurate and I wasn't just missing things, then that complaint might become that they aren't as memorable as the rest to me.

Trybien and Sponge both shared the opinion that this story dragged towards the end, and I thought about it and realized I was ultimately okay with that being a flaw in it (I realized I could spend some time trimming a bit of it, but realized it didn't sit right with me to cut stuff out and was okay with leaving it as a flaw for the sake of my own tastes). I guess I am just another victim of indie game pacing where I am content to go on and on since I want to. But yeah, while I realize that people might feel like it dragged towards the end (unless they share the same interest/tolerance in slow pace that I happen to have) I've basically accepted that as a flaw. All I can hope for is that the rest of it more than makes up for it. Sounds like it did in your case which makes me happy.

About Mania: I guess I could have gone harder on what her deal is, though it might simply be a case of her tackling something that I find completely fascinating that others might not. Which is perfectly fine by me, I wrote this story realizing that people would definitely connect with some of the character's issues more than others, and likely not relate too much with a few at all. I found Mania a very interesting character to write since she's meant to be this character who deeply cares about her loved ones, but also has very very messy conflicted feelings about wanting to be the most important person in the lives of the people that she considers most important, while kind of grappling with that hypocrisy and how incompatible and unhealthy that is in any kind of relationship (but particularly a polyamorous one). I suppose in hindsight I could have gone harder on hinting at this aspect of her sooner, since the biggest hints about it before her big scene are the way that she critiques others while wanting them to be their best selves, while also trying to balance that with not wanting to come across as a harsh person (this is a very tricky balance for me as a writer so no surprise to me if something got lost in the shuffle there). But yeah, essentially Mania's character is meant to be about someone who's trying her best to get over and acknowledge some extremely toxic feelings about wanting to be the most important person in other people's lives, while realizing that it's fine to be herself. She's Mania, and that means that she's important to the others as an equal partner who isn't interchangeable with the others. Mania is probably in the running as the character in this who expresses her feelings in a more muted way (though still genuine) so again, no surprise if something got lost in the shuffle there.

You are of course free to not find any of that as interesting as I do, or to think that I could have improved it, but if you want to know what I was going for. Well, there you go.

About Caramel: So I very intentionally put the Vanilla/Caramel scene last in that little relay for a very specific reason. Caramel is basically my idea of what a genuinely cool dude is like who looks after other people (especially people trying to figure out gender identity stuff) while seeming to have very little emotional baggage on his own. I kind of picture Caramel as essentially someone who's already gone through most of his character development in the past, and his scene with Vanilla is meant to show that sometimes being vulnerable and being in perfect sync isn't just about sharing emotional baggage or flaws. Sometimes it's simply about being more honest with each other and Vibing. Sometimes it's about going "hey, so remember this thing you did in the past? It meant a lot more to me than I think you realize and I want to be genuine about that for a moment". My goal was to portray that as equally valid in terms of love and communication, if that makes sense. I suppose I could have put a bit more attention on how difficult being the "reliable trans mentor type" can be, I definitely have Caramel hint at it in a few lines but never dive deep into it. But yeah, that's basically what I was going for with him. Again, perhaps might not work for you or for other people, but that's what I was going for with him and while he might seem a bit more simple on the surface, I did think very deeply and carefully about the entire cast here.

Other than that, I loved absolutely everything. Eros and Agape are my favorites and I cackled at their jokes. (Honorable mention to "But what if my jokes are Funny and Make People Feel Better?" because that sounds EXACTLY like something my best friend and I would say to each other, and "Cat got your tongue? Don't worry, I'll use mine to go look for it," especially because of the ambiguity of whether "my tongue" or "my cat" was intended. I hope it's the former for policy reasons LMFAO.

Eros is an extremely self-indulgent character who I wrote realizing that a lot of people would probably write her off as sort of a joke character so I took great lengths to hint even early on that she's got more going on than it initially looks like. Even with that in mind, I realized some people would probably just not like her, so it makes me happy to see that you loved her (and Agape too since she's actually the first character I came up with, though I'm mainly addressing Eros since she's the one whose lines you quoted). Person who immediately tries to deflect everything with a joke even when it's very inappropriate is something I'm fascinated by, probably because I find it's more common than people think and I've also been that person before (though I wanted it to be clear that it's not an issue that she tells jokes or has a weird sense of humor, just that deflecting serious topics with a joke is her first and only response). As for your question, Eros is basically saying she's going to use her tongue to look for Ludus' tongue, which is a bit risque but still within the guidelines since it's just a more colorful version of her earlier "want to make out" line. Trust me I know what site I'm on.
Definitely gonna suggest to some friends that they play this. They'd all love this.
I sincerely appreciate it and your kind words, I'm happy that you enjoyed it.

EDIT: Oh - and could we get a music list? eyes emoji
So all of the music are from music packs listed in the credits that I bought which can be used for personal use or commercial use, but not redistributed, so I'm afraid I can't really link the entire OST I used. If there's one or two tracks you really want to hear, feel free to contact me on Discord or something and I might consider linking those tracks if I can get a guarantee they won't be re-distributed. Hope that's understandable.
Responses in blue I guess, since it reads easily to me.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Spoiler : :
"hmm i'd like a feel good case and i know i've seen people saying that about TSTLGoLAHAPASTTTSTATTTGGoF, plus i've been meaning to play it!"
*cut to me sitting on my bedroom floor bawling my eyes out*

There is. So much I want to say but it is 11pm and I lost the ability to use words correctly at least two hours ago. See, I had a feeling that MM would make me cry (which it did) but I genuinely did not think I'd be crying so hard my eyes and throat hurt playing this. Especially when I started out by laughing over "Archangel Fieri"!! Like... okay the characters are all gods/goddesses/storyteller but they felt so human and I don't know how else to explain this. I am genuinely in awe of how you crafted this and it is never going to leave my mind. Incredible stuff.