Audio delay for SFX effects

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

___USER___
Spoken languages: English, Russian

Audio delay for SFX effects

Post by ___USER___ »

How can I make delay for SFX effects like fist-punch for Athena or deskslam for lawear on the desk?
drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: Audio delay for SFX effects

Post by drvonkitty »

You would need to use merged frames and put the sound effect in the second frame, like this:
Spoiler : example :
In the second frame, I have the start-up animation set to play while typing so he slams his desk as he says "slamming my desk!"

___USER___

Post by ___USER___ »

drvonkitty wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:27 pm You would need to use merged frames and put the sound effect in the second frame, like this:
Spoiler : example :
In the second frame, I have the start-up animation set to play while typing so he slams his desk as he says "slamming my desk!"
But what if that is 3D characters?
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

___USER___ wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:30 pm -snip-
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. If you mean 3D characters that have been converted into 2D sprites, then you add them as custom characters and include a start-up animation in the pose you want to use. There are no 3D characters in AAO as it's built around the 2D sprites of the games prior to Dual Destinies.

___USER___

Post by ___USER___ »

drvonkitty wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:28 pm
___USER___ wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:30 pm -snip-
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. If you mean 3D characters that have been converted into 2D sprites, then you add them as custom characters and include a start-up animation in the pose you want to use. There are no 3D characters in AAO as it's built around the 2D sprites of the games prior to Dual Destinies.
But I add custom 3D sprites. So, I don't know how I can delay sound effect like deskslam and stuff.
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

Custom, 2D, 3D models transferred to gifs, it makes no difference. The workflow is exactly the same so long as you have a desk slam pose. Make sure the desk slam is in the 'startup' custom pose place, then have the startup animation play when the desk slam noise plays, as the Doctor above showed.
ImageImageImage
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

The method described above is for if you want to play the sound in the middle of dialogue.

It sounds like what you want is to play a sound in the middle of an animation, (I'm guessing you're using a desk slam animation that takes a second for the actual slam to happen, and you want it to sync up), so what you'd do is make a timed frame (change the 0 in the "Wait for" box to the amount of milliseconds you want to delay for), and then have the sound play in the next frame.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
___USER___

Post by ___USER___ »

TimeAxis wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:47 pm The method described above is for if you want to play the sound in the middle of dialogue.

It sounds like what you want is to play a sound in the middle of an animation, (I'm guessing you're using a desk slam animation that takes a second for the actual slam to happen, and you want it to sync up), so what you'd do is make a timed frame (change the 0 in the "Wait for" box to the amount of milliseconds you want to delay for), and then have the sound play in the next frame.
Nggggggggggh.... in Attorney Online it's average function