[T][CE] TTT ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DJJ6800
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] TTT ●

Post by DJJ6800 »

Just finished it. Really good case. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go question my own existence because of this case.
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Finished it as well. And DJs thoughts echo my own (save for questioning my existence). This was absolutely amazing, and I can't begin to imagine how much work was necessary for this masterpiece to exist. This case was really intense, and props to the creator for what they've made.
¿Acid Rain?

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

DJJ6800 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:04 am Just finished it. Really good case. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go question my own existence because of this case.
XavierWright wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:15 am Finished it as well. And DJs thoughts echo my own (save for questioning my existence). This was absolutely amazing, and I can't begin to imagine how much work was necessary for this masterpiece to exist. This case was really intense, and props to the creator for what they've made.
Thank you both! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

But, like, how in the world are people finishing this within 24 hours?
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Well, I mostly just followed the walkthrough since I'm more invested in the story than anything. (And admittedly, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.)
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

The story is really catchy, so I understand that some people couldn't resist finishing TTT in one go. Personally, I stopped after part 5.
Spoiler : :
A cliffhanger like that should be illegal. :judge: But I'm hype to see the rest.
Image Image Image Image Image
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

I got home from work and immediately spent the following six hours playing this without a break. It's 6am. I am haunted for life and I promise more in depth commentary once I've had some sleep. This is by far one of the best things I've ever experienced.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Spoiler : The case could have ended here, and I wouldn't even have been mad. :
For some actual feedback, the only part of this I really thought dragged on was seven, which is a feat for such a monolith case. Well done, and I am not even remotely surprised this was six years in the making.
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

OH YEAH I FORGOT, SINCE THIS IS OUT I CAN NOW POST THESE
...I know someone beat me to one of them. >:(
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Rafael(theArchangel)
Spoken languages: English, a little bit of Deutsch

Post by Rafael(theArchangel) »

Sooooo, I have some thoughts about the case...like, a lot of them. I´m just gonna post some here in no particular order :D .

First of all, this case is amazing and definitely a must play. I can appreciate all the hard work that was put into it.

And now some more specific thoughts:

The first chapter sets the stage up for the rest of the case really well. That being said, I personally found it really dissatisfying that the player doesn´t get to play as Roland or see the Room and Board "firsthand" after that. I get why it was made this way, but still - you have this amazing set-up, tension, interesting characters and...you just don´t really get to see any more of that. It would have definitely been interesting if you sort of switched between the perspectives of Roland(in the Room and Board) and "Mia"(in the courtroom/dangaronpa thingy). Again, this is just a matter of personal prefference, so take it with a grain of salt.

I have to give you credit for great implementation of mechanics from the games that were an inspiration to the case. The logic battles and debates were phenomenal. Although I feel like the logic battles could use a longer time limit, it would fit the style of ace attorney more.

That being said, the whole danganronpa section felt. I mean it was what...chapter 4 - chapter 8? I was really into the case and could have probably finished it in one sitting, but damn, after part 6 or so I just had to take a break so that my brain wouldn´t melt. I feel like this isn´t as much of a problem in most ace attorney cases, because just constantly interact with new witnesses, new evidence or the gameplay switches to the investigation phase so that you can catch a breath. This kind of ties in with my previous point about you not getting to play as Roland after chapter 1. It would have been a nice change of pace to constantly switch between Roland and Mia. Plus, from what I can tell it probably wouldn´t change much if the player got to "see" the room and board until like day...9? And even then nothing that really plot-changing happened until...you know the whole Roland-chainsaw-escape thingy.

But now for some more positives :nod: . I really like the music choices, it really helps create an atmosphere for the case. Also, the humour in the case is top-notch. And I gotta say...I kind of appretiate the use of profanities, albeit censored :cute: . It is kind of strange that you are free to make a case as gory and bloody as you please. Mutilated bodies, serial killers, traumatic experiences...go ahead, knock yourself out, but curse words...that´s where we draw the line. And I am not even saying that I like to swear, the dialogue just feels so much more natural for characters in a high stress situation like that.

One thing that kind of bothered me throught the whole case is...weeeell...how exactly do you shoot someone with a crossbow in the middle of a hurricane, pouring rain and in the dark? :shock: I mean, maybe there is something I´m missing or misremembering, but how come this never came up? I mean the dark I get, there was a thermal scope and such, the rain i can kind of swallow...but the hurricane? Was the hospital like in the so called eye of the hurricane or what? In the grand scheme of things I get that this is a pretty minor issue, but it still bothers me like hell :cry: .
Anyways that is pretty much all i can think of at the top of my head. Sorry, if it seems like I listed more negatives than positives. But since I find the case amazing it feels kind of useless to just list all the thing I like about it...so yeah. Anyways, if you haven´t played TTT yet, you definitely should, like right now!

Also, grammar, what is that? :)
¿Acid Rain?

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

risefromtheashes wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:00 am OH YEAH I FORGOT, SINCE THIS IS OUT I CAN NOW POST THESE
I'm surprised there are only two tbh
Rafael(theArchangel) wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:07 pm Sooooo, I have some thoughts about the case...like, a lot of them. I´m just gonna post some here in no particular order :D .

First of all, this case is amazing and definitely a must play. I can appreciate all the hard work that was put into it.

And now some more specific thoughts:

The first chapter sets the stage up for the rest of the case really well. That being said, I personally found it really dissatisfying that the player doesn´t get to play as Roland or see the Room and Board "firsthand" after that. I get why it was made this way, but still - you have this amazing set-up, tension, interesting characters and...you just don´t really get to see any more of that. It would have definitely been interesting if you sort of switched between the perspectives of Roland(in the Room and Board) and "Mia"(in the courtroom/dangaronpa thingy). Again, this is just a matter of personal prefference, so take it with a grain of salt.
Originally, I envisioned the story alternating back and forth between Roland's and Mia's perspective throughout the game. I could elaborate more, but I'll just say that everything from Part 4 onward was something I decided to do on a whim and was not part of the original story.

I have to give you credit for great implementation of mechanics from the games that were an inspiration to the case. The logic battles and debates were phenomenal. Although I feel like the logic battles could use a longer time limit, it would fit the style of ace attorney more.
Thank you! I would argue that they are actually the worst parts of the game, but I'm glad they impress, at least.

That being said, the whole danganronpa section felt. I mean it was what...chapter 4 - chapter 8? I was really into the case and could have probably finished it in one sitting, but damn, after part 6 or so I just had to take a break so that my brain wouldn´t melt. I feel like this isn´t as much of a problem in most ace attorney cases, because just constantly interact with new witnesses, new evidence or the gameplay switches to the investigation phase so that you can catch a breath. This kind of ties in with my previous point about you not getting to play as Roland after chapter 1. It would have been a nice change of pace to constantly switch between Roland and Mia. Plus, from what I can tell it probably wouldn´t change much if the player got to "see" the room and board until like day...9? And even then nothing that really plot-changing happened until...you know the whole Roland-chainsaw-escape thingy.
I warned you about taking breaks and pacing yourself. (...Because I know how mentally demanding the game is lmao)

But now for some more positives :nod: . I really like the music choices, it really helps create an atmosphere for the case. Also, the humour in the case is top-notch. And I gotta say...I kind of appretiate the use of profanities, albeit censored :cute: . It is kind of strange that you are free to make a case as gory and bloody as you please. Mutilated bodies, serial killers, traumatic experiences...go ahead, knock yourself out, but curse words...that´s where we draw the line. And I am not even saying that I like to swear, the dialogue just feels so much more natural for characters in a high stress situation like that.
I tried very hard to make the dialogue realistic and sell the conceit that the game takes place in the "real world." It's a great relief to hear that it's working.

One thing that kind of bothered me throught the whole case is...weeeell...how exactly do you shoot someone with a crossbow in the middle of a hurricane, pouring rain and in the dark? :shock: I mean, maybe there is something I´m missing or misremembering, but how come this never came up? I mean the dark I get, there was a thermal scope and such, the rain i can kind of swallow...but the hurricane? Was the hospital like in the so called eye of the hurricane or what? In the grand scheme of things I get that this is a pretty minor issue, but it still bothers me like hell :cry: .
I agree. The reason it doesn't get brought up much early on is because it is technically possible, and all the evidence seems to indicate that the shot did indeed come from the adjacent rooftop. (Also because the prosecution's entire case is extremely lacking.) But, again, I agree that it's very unlikely. I see it as a suggestion to the player that the crime may have occurred in such a way that the hurricane winds weren't an issue. And regarding the shot Charlie had to make in order to plant the crossbow on the patient wing, he had several hours and basically infinite retries to get it exactly right.
Anyways that is pretty much all i can think of at the top of my head. Sorry, if it seems like I listed more negatives than positives. But since I find the case amazing it feels kind of useless to just list all the thing I like about it...so yeah. Anyways, if you haven´t played TTT yet, you definitely should, like right now!

Also, grammar, what is that? :)
Thanks for the feedback! Responses in red.
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

Finished, and it was really cool. Really nice job, especially in writing.
The ambience was pretty well managed. The appearance of Zero behind Klein gave me chills, since after the sentence of "Mia", I expected the camera to go to the judge's bench.

My only "complaint" is that although the trial dwells on a lot of details, several very exciting things are quickly forgotten (rip the tenth player, nobody cares about you). And I don't get exactly why Klein kill Bishop. Simple paranoia when he realizes that they don't have control of the situation?
Image Image Image Image Image
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Ngl, I've been hankering for a finished AcidRain project since I played REM and this seriously doesn't disappoint. I can see why this was six years in the making. Really impressive stuff. Big fan of what you've done here!
I think this is the perfect tribute to the era of casemaking it was first conceived in. Somehow you've managed to hit every possible nostalgic hallmark and that's not just counting blending in all the Danganronpa, Zero Escape, HiguUmi, etc. You know. You have the meta, the long framecount, the genre savvy characters, poking fun at the canon games, the logic battles, the dark veering on almost apocalyptic atmosphere, etc. And most importantly, the sum of all those parts, the sheer self-indulgence. An AA fancase for AA fans who make AA fancases. But the fact that that is the point, that you focused deeply on giving narrative weight to all those points and, imo, did so while keeping that earnestness, without veering into parody/irony or whatever, really stood out to me. Just a complete self-aware celebration. Also, the idea of focusing on the aftermath of a post-ZE/DR scenario (and the overall exploration of what one of those scenarios would actually mean, complete with the cute touch of the game not actually even being that exciting to watch) is a really neat concept that I haven't really seen done before and is, hillariously, something that would be realistically a big deal but I feel like most CubeLikes (thats what im gonna call them, cube was first, go to hell, Jigsaw) don't dwell on too much. Very fresh. I don't play many fancases these days but this was one that made me go "damn, I really miss making fancases. Take me back to those days." Complete nostalgia overload. This should be featured but specifically set so only after people play, idunno, 4 other featured cases from the time or something because it is THE companion piece to that era. I guess I'm not sure if it would have as deep an appeal to, like, people outside of the niche of mid-2010s AAO casemakers but... Absolutely fire, sir. I take my hat off to you (and it reveals I am wearing a wig; I am planning on locking you in the murder bunker.)
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

¿Acid Rain? wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:21 pm
risefromtheashes wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:00 am OH YEAH I FORGOT, SINCE THIS IS OUT I CAN NOW POST THESE
I'm surprised there are only two tbh
There's a lot more in my SoC documents, but those are the only two I saved to my phone as reaction images that I will use semi-frequently when the situation allows. ;)
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
kal0123456789

Post by kal0123456789 »

Have played this and I'm not in the state of giving review because I'm speechless. I have a question, though.
Why do other Sheols' don't use the third Sheol as Donald Greaves' lawyer? Surely it's more foolproof plan.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

kal0123456789 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:27 pm Have played this and I'm not in the state of giving review because I'm speechless. I have a question, though.
Why do other Sheols' don't use the third Sheol as Donald Greaves' lawyer? Surely it's more foolproof plan.
I inferred that that Casey signed up for the job before he could, and the other two, assuming it ultimately wouldn't be a big deal, just decided to roll with it.