[M] [CE] " " (working title "snippets") - aka my untitled thing with no characters ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

skyem
Spoken languages: English

[M] [CE] " " (working title "snippets") - aka my untitled thing with no characters ●

Post by skyem »

So, I'm not really sure how to describe this, other than a short and weird experimental thing that I submitted to the spooky super case competition.

http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=143012
Spoiler : credits :
[*] Floppy disk noises and computer running noise are from OpenComputers.
[*] The Macintosh startup noise and the UI graphics are ripped from Classic Macintoshes.
[*] The font I used for custom text in graphics is called "Virtue".
Last edited by skyem on Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: [M] [CE] " " (working title "snippets") - aka my untitled thing with no characters

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Congratulations on the public release. This is a very short work, very worth experiencing due to all the neat stuff that Skye does with the presentation. Hurray for more stuff from the Super Scary competition getting showcased.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: [M] [CE] " " (working title "snippets") - aka my untitled thing with no characters

Post by SuperAj3 »

Strongly presented. I loved your background art and how it was portrayed.
I understand the contents of the story is quite personal, so I can understand the comp judges' position, but there's catharsis for a writer in putting lived experiences into stories so I hope that felt like a relief for you making the case.
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
eerew

Post by eerew »

One of the daintiest entries from Super Scary. Worth playing for the presentation if the content warnings in the game don't super scare you away :3c
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

A short but interesting read. It was very well made from a presentation perspective, and the contents of the story itself were very thought-provoking. Not a bad job at all.
Image Image
Trybien

Re: [M] [CE] " " (working title "snippets") - aka my untitled thing with no characters ●

Post by Trybien »

I give Skye a lot of credit for releasing a personal work like this.
The minimalist and intimate feeling of the presentation was heightened by some really neat analogue horror.
Worth checking out if you like brain worms.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
DeathByAutoscroll

Remind

Post by DeathByAutoscroll »

A short experience, presented masterfully. If you have ever wanted to jump into someone's head and learn the world doesn't give us all the same perspective on life, give it a shot.
Thrower of bricks.

Co-host of the Into the Takumi-verse case compeition.

Stuff I've made in 2 weeks:
The Impossible Turnabout
Erinaceinae Griminance

Cases I have collabed on:
Don't Resort to a Turnabout (W.I.P)
Trucy's Magical Catastrophe
That time I got reincarnated as a fictional Defence Lawyer in An Ace Attorney fangame and had to defend myself against incredibly unfair odds.

Stuff I've made by myself that is good:
...maybe in the future.
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Re: [M] [CE] " " (working title "snippets") - aka my untitled thing with no characters ●

Post by risefromtheashes »

This was short but impactful. I quite liked it. I was worried it would get a little too personal in parts, as I often do with works like this one, but I think you did a wonderful job of putting forward this, just, confusing blob pieced together from bits and pieces of your life that I think a lot of people can relate to. There's a lot of artistry in how you presented this -- not in the sense of glamorizing dissociation or other mental illness, but in the sense of how forward you were about these feelings while still leaving a lot of room for uncertainty and confusion and questioning what everything all means. Because none of us will ever know what everything all means.

No one will ever truly know who "you" are as well as you do, but what I do know about you is that you are kind and good. I am glad you exist.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!